Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think so... Able to watch >4hr TV without problem. This recording problem happened twice and wonder is there any setting need to be done.

Sorry... just to clarify... watching TV meaning using the powered antenna right? But recording uses both the antenna and if I understand you correctly, you use an external USB flash drive... so I was wondering if the constant writing to the drive causes the antennae to overheat... and once the thermal cutoff is activated, your recording shuts down lor...

suuhhc

Reaction score
Sorry... just to clarify... watching TV meaning using the powered antenna right? But recording uses both the antenna and if I understand you correctly, you use an external USB flash drive... so I was wondering if the constant writing to the drive causes the antennae to overheat... and once the thermal cutoff is activated, your recording shuts down lor...
I get what u mean but both time the recording cut off exactly at 2 hr doesn't look like a common overheat problem.

I just got reply from Draco staff that direct recording got the limitation of 2 hr, must use Timer Setting or thru EPG to record >2 hr. Hope this will help others who got same problem.

antecpro

Reaction score
Hi, I’m also trying to buy a draco so that I can record ch8 shows becoz I come home late frm work.

Would like to check with you guys if you have a draco.

1) what type of harddisk conpatible, and what format it records, can I use laptop for viewing
2) is the EPG interface able to see in both Chinese and English, becoz some shows I can’t get the conversion to English
3) is the interface to view the recordings convenient
4) I have a set top box given by Govt during the digital tv rollout. Is this comparable to draco, So that can save a bit

Thank you for your reply.

OnePunch!!

Reaction score
Need recomedation on what type of dvb tv anterrna tp buy

I got a dvb tv ready tv already
Any brand or model or where u could guy recommend

Reaction score
My AC Ryan digital antenna which I have been using for a few years suddenly gave me issues for only Channel 5 & Suria (both broadcasted using same frequency). Other channels such as Channel U is fine.

Is there any way to resolve this issue? =/

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My AC Ryan digital antenna which I have been using for a few years suddenly gave me issues for only Channel 5 & Suria (both broadcasted using same frequency). Other channels such as Channel U is fine.

Try repositioning your antenna.

Reaction score
I tried to move it around as it is already beside the window, but there is no effect. It suddenly got better yesterday, but there are still occasional drops every few minutes.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have this issue with my previous Wavelength antenna too, repositioning doesn't works too. Bought a cheap antenna on shopee to replace and all's good now.

ngsteve

Reaction score
Hi, I have sound problems in a old hand me downs

Samsung 40-Inch H5500 Series 5 Smart HD LED TV

Samsung UK UE40H5500AKXMS TV
I am able to get all the mediacorp TV channels using manual tuning for digital terrestrial TV Ch29 31 & 33.
Everytime I change the channels or just switch on the TV.....The video appears but there is NO SOUND....have to wait 30secs or more for the sound to turn on:unsure:
I have reset the sound settings in the menu settings but it did not help. Anyone encounter this sound problem before and how to solve this no sound problem??

Last edited:

Windowlover

Reaction score
SG now no more new channel now ? What a waste... maybe market like Korea , Hong Kong and China are moving so fast forward and we cannot make it now. Need more video streaming company is better...

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The antenna signal remains weak in general. Fortunately, my family don't watch TV since they changed to this.

twist_shout

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone having weak signal during rainy days?

Normally I can view all channels, been raining lately and some channels no signal due to weak antenna signal.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
SG now no more new channel now ? What a waste... maybe market like Korea , Hong Kong and China are moving so fast forward and we cannot make it now. Need more video streaming company is better...

Market too small and people not watching local channels.

Recently they removed okto channel.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.