Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

petetherock

Reaction score
It’s better to rely on mewatch if you have poor reception.
just use StarHub and it’s set top box.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi
Need some advise.
for landed property do I need fix a separate Digital Tv tuner on rooftop to improve signal ?
I read mediaxorp site can use existing UHF antenna for Digital tv ?
yes, you can use existing uhf antenna.

you can also buy a dedicated outdoor antenna for DTV.

Last edited:

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, you can use existing uhf antenna.

you can also buy a dedicated outdoor antenna for DTV.
Oh existing UHF antenna can receive digital tv signals ?
So I can connect to existing TV point in the wall?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, but your antenna has to point to the digita; transmitter, which might not be in the same direction as the transmitter for analog signal.

connect to try out, if weak/no signal then have to re-position the antenna.

Durian Shell

Reaction score
Hi
Need some advise.
for landed property do I need fix a separate Digital Tv tuner on rooftop to improve signal ?
I read mediaxorp site can use existing UHF antenna for Digital tv ?

https://www.mediacorp.sg/digitaltvAll answer is here👆

What if I live in a landed property?​

An indoor antenna is not required if you have an existing UHF rooftop antenna to receive Mediacorp Digital TV channels. You can connect your digital-ready TV or set-top box directly to the wall TV point which links to the rooftop antenna. You could seek the advice of an antenna contractor if you are not sure. Click here for the list of antenna contractors.

Enjoy!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9GynXjBwy8ZkPTBzcaCbg?view_as=subscriber

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who want to make you waste money and time. Don't get conned.
Don't get yourself headache

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Durian Shell

Reaction score
Harvey Norman now selling nms antennas is S$23.

www.qoo10.sg

[S$35.00][TOP Antenna Brand] NMS EMMA High Quality Digital TV Indoor Active Antenna (3 meters)

Incredible shopping paradise! Newest products, latest trends and bestselling items、[TOP Antenna Brand] NMS EMMA High Quality Digital TV Indoor Active Antenna (3 meters) :TV & Entertainment, Items from Singapore, Japan, Korea, US and all over the world at highly discounted price!
www.qoo10.sg
www.qoo10.sg

Enjoy!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9GynXjBwy8ZkPTBzcaCbg?view_as=subscriber

Who want to make you waste money and time. Don't get conned.
Don't get yourself headache

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a 1TB WD My Passport USB drive connected my DVB-T2 K2 set top box.
I plug this drive to my desktop but it didn't show up i.e. unable to access it.

Is there a way to access it with my PC ?

Thanks.

Update:
I experiment with a usb thumb drive format to FAT32. Cannot format exFAT. Record a 5 min clip on it. Can playback on PC. Must use formating utilities e.g. fat32format.exe.

Last edited:

twist_shout

Master Member
Reaction score
Jus wondering anyone manage to receive 5.1 surround sound signal on digital Tv box or their dtv enabled tv? Recently I rem watching a program which it is 5.1 enabled

sweetcofeesg188

Reaction score
I try to record a movie shown on channel 8 last Saturday using USB thumb drive on my NSM setup box with the timer function with a start time 2220 and I indicate 2h 50 minutes, it stopped the recording at 2335 why is this so? Could anyone advise how I can record a show for more hours which can span more than 2 and half hrs to 3 hours or more thanks

suuhhc

Reaction score
I try to record a movie shown on channel 8 last Saturday using USB thumb drive on my NSM setup box with the timer function with a start time 2220 and I indicate 2h 50 minutes, it stopped the recording at 2335 why is this so? Could anyone advise how I can record a show for more hours which can span more than 2 and half hrs to 3 hours or more thanks
Got make sure your usb thumb drive got enough space to record that long in the first place?

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Any store or place to buy a set-up box.... prefer to get one immediately rather than online to replace the one that has gone bonkers at home .....

TIA ....

suuhhc

Reaction score
Hi. Any store or place to buy a set-up box.... prefer to get one immediately rather than online to replace the one that has gone bonkers at home .....

TIA ....
Try Challenger, best denki, courts, harvey norman

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.