Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nowadays it is not necessary to record youself.

mediacorp put most of their recent shows at mewatch.sg website.

you can either use PC, go to mewatch.sg to watch. Or install mewatch app on handphone, TV box, etc to the "recorded" shows.

If you die die must record yourself, it is better to use those cheap $10-$20 dvb-t2 box, they allow you to transfer the recorded file to play on PC or another other device.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have anyone encountered such problems when you use your USB flash drive 2.0 which still have ample space to record on NewMedia Solutions DVBT2 High Definition setup box then suddenly it pop up message recording disk full. Unable to record anymore and then it seems that when you want to view the recordings done earlier all cannot view anymore. I have tried to use pc to check USB flash drive system check then it suddenly pop up message that it is write protect. Could anyone please advise me is my recordings corrupted and damaged? I have tried to copy all the recordings to PC then it will give message such as this ot that file cannot be copied. Thank you all.
Read about this problem before but can't recall where. Have you try other USB flash drive or upgrade the STB firmware? Best to get technical support from NMS directly.

BTW, you do know that recording on the NMS or Draco can only be playback on the box itself?

Last edited:

sweetcofeesg188

Reaction score
Read about this problem before but can't recall where. Have you try other USB flash drive or upgrade the STB firmware? Best to get technical support from NMS directly.

BTW, you do know that recording on the NMS or Draco can only be playback on the box itself?
Oh yes I only uses the nsm stb box to record and play. But it seems like unable to playback

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Harvey Norman now selling nms antennas is S$23.

www.qoo10.sg

[S$35.00][TOP Antenna Brand] NMS EMMA High Quality Digital TV Indoor Active Antenna (3 meters)

Incredible shopping paradise! Newest products, latest trends and bestselling items、[TOP Antenna Brand] NMS EMMA High Quality Digital TV Indoor Active Antenna (3 meters) :TV & Entertainment, Items from Singapore, Japan, Korea, US and all over the world at highly discounted price!
www.qoo10.sg
www.qoo10.sg

Enjoy!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9GynXjBwy8ZkPTBzcaCbg?view_as=subscriber
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who want to make you waste money and time. Don't get conned.
Don't get yourself headache

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is this NMS antenna recommended for good signal reception ?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
anyone know which Digital TV come with record function??

want to record one show but cannot be found in MEtv one

cannot record also nvm but need top dvb-t2 quality one haha. i had recorder but i need a dvb-t2

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score

cannot record also nvm but need top dvb-t2 quality one haha. i had recorder but i need a dvb-t2
If you don't mind Philips. They have the record function. But the recording can only be playback on the same tv. I had one few years back. It seemed that they somehow used Linus as OS. If you use Win to look for recorded files, they cannot be found. Either you find out more details from the website by downloading user manaul, or look for salesman to explain to you.

The higher range Philips TV has good dvd-t2 specs. Besides Signal Strenth, it shows Pic Quality as well.

Hope these help.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind Philips. They have the record function. But the recording can only be playback on the same tv. I had one few years back. It seemed that they somehow used Linus as OS. If you use Win to look for recorded files, they cannot be found. Either you find out more details from the website by downloading user manaul, or look for salesman to explain to you.

The higher range Philips TV has good dvd-t2 specs. Besides Signal Strenth, it shows Pic Quality as well.

Hope these help.
i got a digital VCR (work like a VCR) but the problem is the turner..
i using antenna to receive local channel on my samsung tv.. it seen like no way i can video out to my recorder to get it record..
so i need to buy a dvb-t2 box with build-in rec..

correct connect is
dvb-t2 box -> VCR
but now is antenna -> tv... the antenna dont have RBG or HMDI out to VCR

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

most digital tv has record function. however you need to playback on the same tv.

another way is to buy a cheap made in china dvd t2 set top box, it allows the recordings to be played on other devices.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got a tv recorder but the problem is the turner..
i using antenna... it seen like no way i can video out to my recorder to get it record..
so i need to buy a build in one..

antenna + recorder
your tv recorder is using outdated technology. the picture quality is low compared to dvb t2.

so the cheapest way is to get a cheap $20 dvb t2 set top box. the quality is much much better than your old recorder

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
most digital tv has record function. however you need to playback on the same tv.

another way is to buy a cheap made in china dvd t2 set top box, it allows the recordings to be played on other devices.
hmmm think i go check again.. nt sure if my samsung tv have a nt..

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
your tv recorder is using outdated technology. the picture quality is low compared to dvb t2.

so the cheapest way is to get a cheap $20 dvb t2 set top box. the quality is much much better than your old recorder
no la.. i using AVerMedia ER310.. it can record up to 1080p one..
problem is need a dvb t2... not all dvb t2 come with decent recorder.

so either i buy a dvb t2 or a one with build-in recorder lor
if can, i will to skip this 2...

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
1. Local Sony TV do not have recorder, although the UK models have (I think that has to do with EU regulations).

2 MediaCorp dvt-2 channels are 1080i. Even if your recorder has 1080p, the recording is still 1080i.

3. As of now, all dvb-t2 recorders, either separate or built-in, can only do up to 1080i.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no la.. i using AVerMedia ER310.. it can record up to 1080p one..
problem is need a dvb t2... not all dvb t2 come with decent recorder.

so either i buy a dvb t2 or a one with build-in recorder lor
if can, i will to skip this 2...
er310 can record from hdmi.
if you have android tv box, you can record from the box's hdmi output. you can run mewatch or any iptv app on the box.

suuhhc

Reaction score
I use a usb 3 thumbdrive to record TV show on Draco box & work fine for years but now suddenly said speed too slow to record. Will a reformat help or is time to change a new thumbdrive?

ds2003

Reaction score
Hi masters,

I'm one of those who still do recording on STBs (mainly to record Indian movies which has proper English subtitles).

Had been doing it on cheap STBs from K2 to ukobox.

Decided to buy a Draco 7700 (due to some recording quality issue on these cheap STBs which I won't go into details here).

Found to my pleasant surprise, I was able to play the .ts files in my PC.

However, no subtitles were recorded. Tried subedit - cannot detect any subtitles in the dvb subtitle streams in the .ts files (it usually will pop up the picture format for the subtitles similar to mts files). Tried mvtools export the dvb stream to mks file - exported filesize < 1 Mb, definitely empty file.

Then, I tried playing back the recorded video in my Draco box, and notice I can't bring up any subtitles at all.

So, seems like the subtitles were not recorded at all.

Any one managed to record any shows in their Draco set top box with subtitles ?

Look thru' Draco menu options and ensured the subtitles option is on by default, and when I watch the shows, the subtitles are showing up.

Also, does anyone know what the .ridx files that come with the .ts files are for? No issue playing the .ts files on my PC without the .ridx files.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.