Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00mxer

Reaction score
All the TV point in my house converted to SCV point, so I check the Electrical & Tel Riser and found that the MATV cable unplugged and the SCV was plugged in, so I just swap the cable and manage to get the HD channels without indoor antenna (of course using china brand DVB-T2 setup-box as my TV DVB-T only)

xop4z6.jpg

Interesting.. Wait how do you even know which cable is for which? And is this even legal? This box thingy is outside the unit right? Is it supposed to be locked or what? I wanna try figuring the box outside my unit also... Dk which one...

tan1688

Reaction score
All the TV point in my house converted to SCV point, so I check the Electrical & Tel Riser and found that the MATV cable unplugged and the SCV was plugged in, so I just swap the cable and manage to get the HD channels without indoor antenna (of course using china brand DVB-T2 setup-box as my TV DVB-T only)

hi bro, i think you better remove the photo and tampering of cables post :( also don't ask others to follow what you did, they might get in trouble with the authorities.

It is a criminal offence to tamper the telecommunication, scv cable, matv, fibre cable boxes points. The correct way is if you are hdb is call hdb maintennance or private call mcst management for maintennance personnel to redo/check wiring. Those cable boxes should be locked in anycase

I have read on newspaper, cases of tampering disrupted reception, tapping on neighbours line for phone calls, etc in the end got caught + fined. Just my 2cents thoughts, an antenna is rather cheap, not worth if you get caught, rather silly.

If I were you, i rewire back the original way, use cloth to wipe away fingerprints on wires, cable boxes etc and if needed ask hdb to redo or get external antenna.

Those wires hidden in cable boxes in common areas corridors, riser boxes are common property belong to hdb/mcst, if you rewire / modify internal of your home, whatever behind your main door, that is all right.

Anything you do to common property that is tampering, if your neighbour see call hdb complain, hdb investigate, letter of offence from hdb comes, then jialat liao.

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Below is the reply to my enquiries from MediaCorp Technologies. What more do I have to say?

Dear xxxx

Thank you for your email.

Currently, MediaCorp is not transmitting DVB-T2 lite signal.

You may wish to know that DVB-T2 lite is based on a limited sub-set of the modes of the T2-base profile.

We are exploring opportunties in this area.

Regards

N Nicole Ho
MediaCorp Technologies

I see... anyway I'm not so much concerned as to the terms they use. As long as the devices can tune to MediaCorp DVB-T2 channels whether be it DVB-T2 lite or v1.3.1 it's sufficient for me.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi bro, i think you better remove the photo and tampering of cables post :( also don't ask others to follow what you did, they might get in trouble with the authorities.

It is a criminal offence to tamper the telecommunication, scv cable, matv, fibre cable boxes points. The correct way is if you are hdb is call hdb maintennance or private call mcst management for maintennance personnel to redo/check wiring. Those cable boxes should be locked in anycase

I have read on newspaper, cases of tampering disrupted reception, tapping on neighbours line for phone calls, etc in the end got caught + fined. Just my 2cents thoughts, an antenna is rather cheap, not worth if you get caught, rather silly.

If I were you, i rewire back the original way, use cloth to wipe away fingerprints on wires, cable boxes etc and if needed ask hdb to redo or get external antenna.

Those wires hidden in cable boxes in common areas corridors, riser boxes are common property belong to hdb/mcst, if you rewire / modify internal of your home, whatever behind your main door, that is all right.

Anything you do to common property that is tampering, if your neighbour see call hdb complain, hdb investigate, letter of offence from hdb comes, then jialat liao.

He's not tempering.he just swap antenna point. It is not same as some ppl who open the risers to tempered with the meters..

When u subscribe to scv TV the technician also open the riser if antenna point connected to matv they will connect to scv. Nothing illegal. Anyone can do it.

And if illegal why hdb provide me the keys to the riser?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
He's not tempering.he just swap antenna point. It is not same as some ppl who open the risers to tempered with the meters.

But the point about wiping finger print etc is not exactly helpful. In the event that it is found out, the question will be asked: who else on earth will do it other than the owner of the unit?

When u subscribe to scv TV the technician also open the riser if antenna point connected to matv they will connect to scv. Nothing illegal. Anyone can do it.
tan1688 is right. That's tempering, if it is done by unauthorised person. Best to reinstate to the original condition as suggested by him.

The person in charge will have to answer if it is found out.

mzabu25

Reaction score
Interesting.. Wait how do you even know which cable is for which? And is this even legal? This box thingy is outside the unit right? Is it supposed to be locked or what? I wanna try figuring the box outside my unit also... Dk which one...

The white cable was connected to SCV point from other box in the same riser, so obviously the other cable (which was not connected to that point) should be MATV.

of course its legal as I did not tampered anything here.

mzabu25

Reaction score

I know what you mean, but for my case each flat got their own riser and some-more nothing was tampered here as the cable box was open (not locked) belongs to my flat not others.

tan1688

Reaction score

it is common knowledge, to do any work inside hdb be it wiring, floor tiles, plumbing, etc all contractors have got to have hdb license. the key if you have, is for you to hand over to the "qualified hdb contractor" to do any modification maintenance work and hand back to you for safekeep. It cannot be any tom dick harry read on forum, with no knowledge how the wiring was done and starts rewiring.

got to think about neighbours staying above, below, beside, can't be too selfish to start.

I know what you mean, but for my case each flat got their own riser and some-more nothing was tampered here as the cable box was open (not locked) belongs to my flat not others.

do you know where all the other cables goes to ? :s8:
your floor only have 1 unit ? even so your hdb 1 floor 1 unit how wiring goes to floor above or below ?

it would not be long if your neighbours monthly subscriber of scv starhub suddenly cannot receive, complain to starhub, investigation, technicians check, involves hdb, more investigation, then :eek:

i feel you quickly rewire back, better do things proper way, my 2cents thought.

Last edited:

sunsetbay

Reaction score
it is common knowledge, to do any work inside hdb be it wiring, floor tiles, plumbing, etc all contractors have got to have hdb license. the key if you have, is for you to hand over to the "qualified hdb contractor" to do any modification maintenance work and hand back to you for safekeep. It cannot be any tom dick harry read on forum, with no knowledge how the wiring was done and starts rewiring.

got to think about neighbours staying above, below, beside, can't be too selfish to start.

your floor only have 1 unit ? even so your hdb 1 floor 1 unit how wiring goes to floor above or below ?

it would not be long if your neighbours monthly subscriber of scv starhub suddenly cannot receive, complain to starhub, investigation, technicians check, involves hdb, more investigation, then :eek:

good concern but u shld also concern the imported DVB-T2 STBs u selling, hv the sets registered with the safety authority~? let's not be double standard~ :s22:

mzabu25

Reaction score

Yes, I am very sure where the cable goes as it is tagged with my unit no. So I know I am not messing with others.

This forum is to help people and no one telling or teaching others to tampered anything, if the person knows what is doing then its fine. If they are not sure let them call the technician.

I understand your concern but its up to the individual how they take it.

good concern but u shld also concern the imported DVB-T2 STBs u selling, hv the sets registered with the safety authority~? let's not be double standard~ :s22:

I agree, a good and valid point

b00mxer

Reaction score
Yes, I am very sure where the cable goes as it is tagged with my unit no. So I know I am not messing with others.

This forum is to help people and no one telling or teaching others to tampered anything, if the person knows what is doing then its fine. If they are not sure let them call the technician.

Everybody here are just trying to help. So yeahhh chill guys. :):)

b00mxer

Reaction score

I guess those very very old flats like mine don't have our "personal" electrical and tel riser... Kinda hard to locate.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PLs lar if no key to the riser how to switch off the water supply when changing pipes or tap?? i open so many time just to turn off water supply also to repair my tap.. I also see any tom dick and harry just use any key can open the riser liaoz... :s13: some even use a metal ruler can slide through and open... the thing is dun tampered the meter is illegal.. for the antenna.. is quite straightforward.. that tiem the SCV guy also tell me next time want to use back roof antenna just plug back... :s8:

and now for new flat most got their riser indoor.. so indoor is legal and outdoor illegal... what double standard

samsunggs2

Reaction score
PLs lar if no key to the riser how to switch off the water supply when changing pipes or tap?? i open so many time just to turn off water supply also to repair my tap.. I also see any tom dick and harry just use any key can open the riser liaoz... :s13: some even use a metal ruler can slide through and open... the thing is dun tampered the meter is illegal.. for the antenna.. is quite straightforward.. that tiem the SCV guy also tell me next time want to use back roof antenna just plug back... :s8:

and now for new flat most got their riser indoor.. so indoor is legal and outdoor illegal... what double standard

no issue with the key to the riser door. is fine.
the issue here is the opening of the scv box insider the riser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.