Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00mxer

Reaction score
MODs should sticky a thread on how to receive DVB-T2 signals. Gotta stress everyone again that SCV points CANNOT receive T2 except analog and DVB-C.

Or please read thru previous pages or threads. They're all there.

You can also check the MediaCorp digital TV page at www.mediacorp.sg/digitaltv

In your case, you can only use an indoor antenna to receive DVB-T2 signals.
There's this indoor antenna which is quite cheap and it's available nornally at those neighborhood hardware store. There's another brand of antenna, Margon, available at NTUC Fairprice Xtra hypermarts, though at a slightly higher price. Another would be the Daiyo indoor antenna, though cost quite an amount at around $69.

:)

My points at home are all from cable SCV?
So can i use those point?

There's one point now used for starhub.

So my LG needs an external antenna? Anyway to get it cheap?

Now my resolution is quite blurry, on normal local tvs and SCV.
Is it normal? Can't utilise any HD at all.

Last edited:

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MODs should sticky a thread on how to receive DVB-T2 signals. Gotta stress everyone again that SCV points CANNOT receive T2 except analog and DVB-C.

Or please read thru previous pages or threads. They're all there.

You can also check the MediaCorp digital TV page at www.mediacorp.sg/digitaltv

Good point. Thank you got raising this point.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From MDA website most sites already has good outdoor signal and by 2015 whole island should have indoor signal... this means over the air signal right? Currently my place at boon lay i need to move the powered antenna to the windows then can receive signal

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So meaning, i don't need to buy any antenna?

My window is quite away from the TV.

ACeRyan

Reaction score
So meaning, i don't need to buy any antenna?

My window is quite away from the TV.

Hi bro IntelFlash, for DVB-T2, you have to have an indoor antenna (HDB/Condo) or External rooftop antenna (landed house).

Any wall outlet, be it Starhub or HDB provided will not give you the digital, HD signals.

ACeRyan

Reaction score
Juz bought a dvb t2 box, but unable to scan for any channels. anyone know izzit confirm muz buy one antenna tat is connected to power then can use? I only tried with non powered antenna. :s11::s22:

From our experience, it looks like you are outside of AMK/ Bukit Batok? If outside of these 2 areas you will have to use an active (powered) antenna - until after more areas are added under the digital rollout at least.

P.S. also you can double-check if your set supports the DVB-T2 v1.3.1 standard - this is required for DVB-T2 recception to work in SG.

PoloBoiBoi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From our experience, it looks like you are outside of AMK/ Bukit Batok? If outside of these 2 areas you will have to use an active (powered) antenna - until after more areas are added under the digital rollout at least.

P.S. also you can double-check if your set supports the DVB-T2 v1.3.1 standard - this is required for DVB-T2 recception to work in SG.

any plans to make T2 recording box with lan/wifi connection to save recorded tv and play media files from network?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wanna check with u all. Is your DVB-T2 device working correctly with subtitles for live TV, and/or recordings?

Example, the Channel 5 Chinese subtitles for most 10pm programmes. Are they on your DVB-T2 device for live TV and/or recordings?

ACeRyan

Reaction score
any plans to make T2 recording box with lan/wifi connection to save recorded tv and play media files from network?

This is an interesting thought bro. We might make one if the market demands, so stay tuned :s13:

Rest assured we are working hard - we are also avid media lovers here!

ACeRyan

Reaction score
Wanna check with u all. Is your DVB-T2 device working correctly with subtitles for live TV, and/or recordings?

Example, the Channel 5 Chinese subtitles for most 10pm programmes. Are they on your DVB-T2 device for live TV and/or recordings?

Bro Kiwi8, we haven't tried on ALL of the 10pm shows, but The Blacklist on HD 5, Sundays 10pm have Chinese subtitles working fine for both live viewing and recording here.

Will do more tests. Also if you have other tests you'd like to see results to, feel free to share and we will try to contribute too. :s13:

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Margon 2.0

I tried searching and only found SCV channels.
When i tune to them, it say scrambling on my LG Smart TV

I can't find Ch 5/8/U RTM 1 or the usual channels at all.

What's the problem?

b00mxer

Reaction score
about 15th.

I only have SCV points

Please check if your TV is DVB-T2 ready or check your tuning settings is set to receiving DVB-T2 channels. Make sure you are connected to the indoor antenna and NOT your SCV point.

Only mediacorp channels are currently transmitting in T2 format. RTM1 and Supersports Arena is not available.

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm using LG, one of the latest models with DVB-T2.

I checked the TV's menu, only can have auto or manual tuning.

I used auto tuning and it only got those SCV terrestrial channels which i can't view.
Can't find a single local channel nor Indo/MY channels

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
i'm in yishun area . anyone can receive t2 channel ? i'm staying at ard yishun 4xx ~ low floor .

what do you all mean by in door antenna ? have to buy separately ? i only have scv point at my hse =x

leongws

Reaction score
i'm in yishun area . anyone can receive t2 channel ? i'm staying at ard yishun 4xx ~ low floor .

what do you all mean by in door antenna ? have to buy separately ? i only have scv point at my hse =x

I can receive t2 channel with draco stb + margon 2.0 antenna. Yishun block 40x 9th floor. Was unable to get signal when using the bundled draco antenna .

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score

Yes, you have to buy an indoor antenna and a DVB-T2 box to receive T2 channels, since you mentioned that your TV(46F5500) isn't a T2 TV.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.