Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccchin

Reaction score
I'm using LG, one of the latest models with DVB-T2.

I checked the TV's menu, only can have auto or manual tuning.

I used auto tuning and it only got those SCV terrestrial channels which i can't view.
Can't find a single local channel nor Indo/MY channels

Try turning on margon 2.0's amplifier to boost the signal, relocate it near a window if possible, and point it in the NW direction.

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try turning on margon 2.0's amplifier to boost the signal, relocate it near a window if possible, and point it in the NW direction.
now even worse, don't know what happen, scv channels also don't have

Don't know spoilt already or what

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score

Do you mind taking some photos of your TV, eg. the channel list, what appears on your TV screen and upload it here? It might help us know what's going on with your TV.

:)

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Where is your location? And the direction of your living rm (TV) window? Pls don put yr full address + tel on internet.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
I stay on a hill at Bukit merah area, if add up should be around 14th story

This is my model
LG 42LB650T Televisions - 60" SMART 3D TV with webOS

My distance to Bukit Batok and AMK should be within 15KM

Now i don't have any channels on the Digital TV antenna range.

You may want to try manual-tuning instead to try if it works. The tuning frequency is available at the first few posts of this thread.

:)

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW where's the amplifier?

It comes with one usb plug i plug to the tv den it lights up, i assume that's for power source

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stay on a hill at Bukit merah area, if add up should be around 14th story

This is my model
LG 42LB650T Televisions - 60" SMART 3D TV with webOS

My distance to Bukit Batok and AMK should be within 15KM

Now i don't have any channels on the Digital TV antenna range.

Well, B.Batok is north, and AMK is NE. Is your living rm window facing Indon/Sentosa/south? Hope you can get digital/HD, otherwise 60" with SD quality feed is not so nice.

Last edited:

ccchin

Reaction score
BTW where's the amplifier?

It comes with one usb plug i plug to the tv den it lights up, i assume that's for power source

Yes, the usb plug power up the amplifier. Just to make sure. Did you connect the margon coaxial cable to the antenna-in jack of your TV? If yes, then no idea what's wrong.

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a joint which says.

TV out
USB in
Antenna in

Quite straight forward.

I thought i should receive some channels.
Now zero.

The other day i had some SCV terrestrial channels, dono how i got it.
I think i almost giving up.

tmengyew

Reaction score
about 15th.

I only have SCV points

I am staying around your area also , low floor. I suggest u keep on trying your antenna as i have check with hdb contractor that our area will be cover at the 3rd quater this year. I am using scv point for the time being which i think the image still acceptable better than indoor antenna. By the way how much u bought your antenna?

ccchin

Reaction score
There's a joint which says.

TV out
USB in
Antenna in

Quite straight forward.

I thought i should receive some channels.
Now zero.

The other day i had some SCV terrestrial channels, dono how i got it.
I think i almost giving up.

Someone in Tiong Bahru is able to receive dvb-t2 channels using the Daiyo HD Digital Indoor Antenna, EU1702.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/82667645-post15.html

Try placing your margon 2 at a higher location, near window if possible, orientate it to face North, then perform a channel scan. If nothing, orientate it 10 degree toward West and scan again. Repeat this until you get the channels. Stop the scans when antenna is facing west. Can conclude that margon 2.0 is inadequate due to poor indoor signals. Wait until Sep 2014 to try again, or sell away your margon 2 and get a better antenna.

ccchin

Reaction score
Finally my antenna shipped from the US arrived today. I attached it to the wall above my TV, which happened to face NW, connect it to my China-made dvb-t2 receiver and then perform a channel scan. It detected a whopping 48 dvb-t2 channels!

13 channels are from mediacorps, the rest are scrambled channels that are not viewable. The 13 mediacorps channels are Ch U(SD), CNA(SD), Okto(SD), Ch 8(HD), Vas(HD), Test1(HD), Test(HD), Test2(HD), Test3(HD), Ch 8(SD), CNA(SD), Ch 5(SD) and Ch 5(HD). Don't know why but Suria(HD) was not detected.

@IntelFlash: My unit is on the 16th floor, surrounded on all sides by several 30 to 40 floors hdbs and condos, near bukit merah view. So it is possible to watch FTA dvb-t2 channels in bukit merah before 3rd or 4th quarters of 2014. Just wanted to share. :)

morgankell

Reaction score
hey bros did anyone lose reception of dvb-t2 hd5 (and suria) suddenly? I lost reception yesterday on my htpc with the tbs6281, cant get it back even after rescanning with mediacenter.

now I'm using the dvb-t1 hd 5... irritating... I'm stay in potong pasir btw

As a side note, ccchin, congrats, which antennae did u get from the states? Did you get 2 sets of channel 5 hd (named differently as one is from dvb-t1 reception, the other is dvb-t2) Dvb-t2 HD 5 and suria are on the same frequency... so you could have same problem as me.

Last edited:

cyrilng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally my antenna shipped from the US arrived today. I attached it to the wall above my TV, which happened to face NW, connect it to my China-made dvb-t2 receiver and then perform a channel scan. It detected a whopping 48 dvb-t2 channels!

13 channels are from mediacorps, the rest are scrambled channels that are not viewable. The 13 mediacorps channels are Ch U(SD), CNA(SD), Okto(SD), Ch 8(HD), Vas(HD), Test1(HD), Test(HD), Test2(HD), Test3(HD), Ch 8(SD), CNA(SD), Ch 5(SD) and Ch 5(HD). Don't know why but Suria(HD) was not detected.

@IntelFlash: My unit is on the 16th floor, surrounded on all sides by several 30 to 40 floors hdbs and condos, near bukit merah view. So it is possible to watch FTA dvb-t2 channels in bukit merah before 3rd or 4th quarters of 2014. Just wanted to share. :)

Which one did you get? From Amazon?

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Someone in Tiong Bahru is able to receive dvb-t2 channels using the Daiyo HD Digital Indoor Antenna, EU1702.

www.hardwarezone.com.sg - View Single Post - Post Your DVB-T2 Settings (no discussions here)

Try placing your margon 2 at a higher location, near window if possible, orientate it to face North, then perform a channel scan. If nothing, orientate it 10 degree toward West and scan again. Repeat this until you get the channels. Stop the scans when antenna is facing west. Can conclude that margon 2.0 is inadequate due to poor indoor signals. Wait until Sep 2014 to try again, or sell away your margon 2 and get a better antenna.
ya i think i wait a while then set up, later on i heard it will roll out right.

I can't really place the antenna near the window, my house living room quite wide and the TV is at the centre.

ccchin

Reaction score
hey bros did anyone lose reception of dvb-t2 hd5 (and suria) suddenly? I lost reception yesterday on my htpc with the tbs6281, cant get it back even after rescanning with mediacenter.

now I'm using the dvb-t1 hd 5... irritating... I'm stay in potong pasir btw

As a side note, ccchin, congrats, which antennae did u get from the states? Did you get 2 sets of channel 5 hd (named differently as one is from dvb-t1 reception, the other is dvb-t2) Dvb-t2 HD 5 and suria are on the same frequency... so you could have same problem as me.

Hi morgankell, I am able to receive the dvb-t hd5 but not the dvb-t2 hd5 & suria. Glad to know that I am not the only one with this issue. Thanks to your earlier sharing on US flat antennas. I love the flat design, as it is unobtrusive, and also like the lavishly long cables provided. After reading some reviews, I get the AmazonBasics Extreme Performance over the Mohu Leaf Ultimate. :)

Which one did you get? From Amazon?

@cyrilng: I get the AmazonBasics Extreme Performance Indoor HDTV Antenna. There are 2 other versions, the High Performance and the Regular version. Only the Extreme version comes with an amplifier. I am glad I get the extreme version bcos without turning on the amplifier, my receiver is not able to detect any dvb-t and dvb-t2 signals. For me, it is always better to be safe than sorry. :s13:

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Extreme Performance Ultra Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - Designed and Assembled in USA: Electronics

Last edited:

morgankell

Reaction score
1)
@ ccchin
im glad u liked your purchase. Any chance you can watch the non mediacorp channels from 48 dvb t2 channels u picked up? I did get some odd malaysian channels...

2) any other bros lost the hd5/ suria dvb-t2 frequency?

3) I just received 292e hauppauge pctv tuner. But I cant find any specific 292e windows 7 mediacenter drivers at all... good grief....

pjs

Reaction score
1)
@ ccchin
im glad u liked your purchase. Any chance you can watch the non mediacorp channels from 48 dvb t2 channels u picked up? I did get some odd malaysian channels...

They are Indonesian RCTI DVB-T Channels, not Malaysian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.