Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wonder why garment no use cable for this digital broadcast for residential buildings :s8: (leave paid cable out) ... ok we can buy STB... but can do away with antenna ma

unless this is another temporary measure for a bigger infra many years to come

ACeRyan

Reaction score
DVB-T2 is actually a very efficient way of broadcasting HD content over large areas, and has been in place in Europe for quite some time already :s13:

Source: Wiki

tendtails

Reaction score
Need some expert guidance.
My current tv has dvb-t and analog tuner.
What are the digital channel that can be received on the Starhub cable point without using the Starhub STB?
There is only one cable point in the house and it's only Starhub.
With the analog signal turn off in 2016, will the dvb-t signal ceased to operate as well?
Can't find the answers anywhere on the mediacorps or Starhub website
Thanx for any advice and clarification.

b00mxer

Reaction score
Need some expert guidance.
My current tv has dvb-t and analog tuner.
What are the digital channel that can be received on the Starhub cable point without using the Starhub STB?
There is only one cable point in the house and it's only Starhub.
With the analog signal turn off in 2016, will the dvb-t signal ceased to operate as well?
Can't find the answers anywhere on the mediacorps or Starhub website
Thanx for any advice and clarification.

Your tv must be DVB-C compatible to receive digital channels from cable points. If not you're just gonna receive analog only. There's no DVB-T/2 via cable points.

tendtails

Reaction score

tendtails

Reaction score
Your tv must be DVB-C compatible to receive digital channels from cable points. If not you're just gonna receive analog only. There's no DVB-T/2 via cable points.

Ok. It is DTV TunerDVB-T / C
As of what I tried. I had only managed to received analog signal.
This Tv is capable of recording tv programs to hdd. However, when I tried, it prompt for recording can only work on digital signal. I may have not configure the digital channels correctly. Is the digital channel configurations similar for analog?
Are the dvb-t & c channels still available after 2016?
Thanx again.

Last edited:

b00mxer

Reaction score
Ok. It is DTV TunerDVB-T / C
As of what I tried. I had only managed to received analog signal.
This Tv is capable of recording tv programs to hdd. However, when I tried, it prompt for recording can only work on digital signal. I may have not configure the digital channels correctly. Is the digital channel configurations similar for analog?
Are the dvb-t & c channels still available after 2016?
Thanx again.

DVB-T/C are supposed to run alongside with DVB-T2 as with what other countries are doing. Set your TV to receive digital channels or if there's a setting to receive DVB-C. For the recording, I cannot advice since my tv doesn't have a recording function.

nomoreliaola

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry sorry, when will starhub have what channels ah? any shedule or news on this

tendtails

Reaction score
Does the Starhub wall socket comes with dvb-t or c digital signal? (Not dvb-t2)
I see 0% signal strength for dvb-t & c on my tv connected to the Starhub wall socket.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
i need those ac powered antenna, the usb powered one is cmi

Fairprice Xtra has the Margon indoor antenna(Combo 5.1 and Home 2.0), it has a USB cable to supply power for the antenna, but you can plug it into a charger plug eg. Apple iPhone plug.

:)

xjchew

Reaction score
i need those ac powered antenna, the usb powered one is cmi

Fairprice Xtra has the Margon indoor antenna(Combo 5.1 and Home 2.0), it has a USB cable to supply power for the antenna, but you can plug it into a charger plug eg. Apple iPhone plug.

Think he needs AC powered one because the USB powered amp in the Margon won't provide enough gain.. connecting the Margon amp to USB port on the TV or a iPhone charger or Samsung charger won't affect the gain at all.

HeeroYuy84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Think he needs AC powered one because the USB powered amp in the Margon won't provide enough gain.. connecting the Margon amp to USB port on the TV or a iPhone charger or Samsung charger won't affect the gain at all.

thanks guys, i got this 20 dollar usb power antenna, works for 2 weeks then cui liao, nothing was changed. so sad..i bought the ac ryan need to wait

ACeRyan

Reaction score
For this dvb-c signal, is it still available after 2016?
And is the tv able to play it directly without using the STB?
Thanx.

Once analog signal is turned off, you will need one of the following to receive MediaCorp channels:

- DVB-T2 capable TV
- DVB-T2 Set-Top box
- Paid TV subscription (e.g. red/green)

MediaCorp Digital TV

You can see point number 5 for more info.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, i got this 20 dollar usb power antenna, works for 2 weeks then cui liao, nothing was changed. so sad..i bought the ac ryan need to wait

pls write a little review on the ac ryan after you start using it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.