Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Came across this which is apparently 7 years ago... so I assume hes referring to analog... this signal amplification doesnt affect digital signals right?:

Lot of misconception regarding antenna amps. Most the time the money would be better spent on purchasing a higher quality antenna. If the signal is weak and noisy to begin with, the amp will increase the gain on the signal AND the noise, resulting in no benefit.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080131162817AAWSp0c

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Samsung tv maybe need to change the region before you can tune to dvb-c. For years I was wondering what was wrong before coming across a post in this thread which suggested that for some reasons Samsung TVs are region locked for dvb-c. Changed to new Zealand and I can now see the dvb-c channels although I still can't get hd5 on 370mhz for some reason, probably tuner specific.

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If Samsung tv maybe need to change the region before you can tune to dvb-c. For years I was wondering what was wrong before coming across a post in this thread which suggested that for some reasons Samsung TVs are region locked for dvb-c. Changed to new Zealand and I can now see the dvb-c channels although I still can't get hd5 on 370mhz for some reason, probably tuner specific.

Wah **** they dont let me change the region, according to the manual must go menu - Broadcasting - channel settings

But totally dont have the option to change region / area code :(

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dun get it, according to this:
rollout_map.jpg

As I live in Bedok, Does this mean even if I get one of those antennas also no use? since only next year then can receive signal?

the OUTDOOR SIGNAL is already available ... its just that you have to stick your antenna on your roof or out of your window to receive (no guarantee)

the map is showing INDOOR SIGNAL, means its strong enough to receive with antenna INSIDE your home

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the OUTDOOR SIGNAL is already available ... its just that you have to stick your antenna on your roof or out of your window to receive (no guarantee)

the map is showing INDOOR SIGNAL, means its strong enough to receive with antenna INSIDE your home

I see, shall get an antenna to test :D

rethaFrey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
product1_20794_600x600.jpg

my mother is using something like this at 6409xx. she can get the channel 5 and 8 HD. so meaning when 2015, she no need change anything right?

Windowlover

Reaction score
product1_20794_600x600.jpg

my mother is using something like this at 6409xx. she can get the channel 5 and 8 HD. so meaning when 2015, she no need change anything right?

I think you can scan more channel then this,, other like CNA, OKTO etc. Yes, no need to change seem it is setup.:) Happy watching.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought the P360 and T230 from aliexpress.
Package came the day after I returned from Hong Kong and package said it came from Hong Kong haha.

Used P360 on Samsung Tab Pro Tablet.

Living next to Queenstown mrt on the 13th floor first block of flats after the multi story carpark.

P360 can work pretty well till i get to my mothers room with the small handle antenna. Once I go into my mothers room however i need the full size antennna that came with P360 to get any signal.

Still havent tested out T230 though.

T230 works perfectly. even better than P360 because it detected 12 channels.

Last edited:

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone connecting to DVB-C with tbs 5220?

Cant seem to scan any dvb-c channels on my htpc..

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought the P360 and T230 from aliexpress.
Package came the day after I returned from Hong Kong and package said it came from Hong Kong haha.

Used P360 on Samsung Tab Pro Tablet.

Living next to Queenstown mrt on the 13th floor first block of flats after the multi story carpark.

P360 can work pretty well till i get to my mothers room with the small handle antenna. Once I go into my mothers room however i need the full size antennna that came with P360 to get any signal.

Still havent tested out T230 though.

T230 works perfectly. even better than P360 because it detected 12 channels.

can show us photos of those 2 u bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.