Not open for further replies.

mrclubbie

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I think any types of antenna is sufficient, even a normal rabbit ear antenna

caim1984

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i need a bit of help here, i live in Sembawang and i just bought a draco HDT2-7300 which comes with a free antenna ANT-600. I hook it up to my LG Cinema TV which only support DVB-T and it can't even detect any channels at all not even SD.

I connected the antenna to the draco set top box than use a hdmi cable to connect it to my tv and nothing at all after scanned a few times. my TV is not located near the window but its still in the living room.

i read on forum and some say to get mohu leaf/daiyo antenna to replace the lousy free antenna given by Draco.

just wanted to check if this is really the case cause its gonna cost me extra to get another antenna....or its just that Sembawang area no reception at all?

any help would be appreciated cause if really no reception in Sembawang i wanna return the Draco set and get a refund since the sales person told me sure can work but its not working at all.

thanks

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i need a bit of help here, i live in Sembawang and i just bought a draco HDT2-7300 which comes with a free antenna ANT-600. I hook it up to my LG Cinema TV which only support DVB-T and it can't even detect any channels at all not even SD.

I connected the antenna to the draco set top box than use a hdmi cable to connect it to my tv and nothing at all after scanned a few times. my TV is not located near the window but its still in the living room.

i read on forum and some say to get mohu leaf/daiyo antenna to replace the lousy free antenna given by Draco.

just wanted to check if this is really the case cause its gonna cost me extra to get another antenna....or its just that Sembawang area no reception at all?

any help would be appreciated cause if really no reception in Sembawang i wanna return the Draco set and get a refund since the sales person told me sure can work but its not working at all.

thanks

if possible.. try to temporarily move your antenna /set to boxand position it around. Make sure that you are able to find a spot where you can receive the signal and stabalize it./ This gives you a rough gauge, if you buy a new antenna, of how long a wire you will need for it.

If I even move my antenna one tiny bit, I will lose my HD8 signal. Had to tape my antenna there :(

caim1984

Reaction score
if possible.. try to temporarily move your antenna /set to boxand position it around. Make sure that you are able to find a spot where you can receive the signal and stabalize it./ This gives you a rough gauge, if you buy a new antenna, of how long a wire you will need for it.

If I even move my antenna one tiny bit, I will lose my HD8 signal. Had to tape my antenna there :(

I tried hooking up the box set and antenna to my monitor in my study room and still no signal for all channels...i wonder if the antenna is faulty or Sembawang really no reception at all...

Haiz i thought i could save some cost and cancel my SCV but seems like im stuck with it till 2016..

btw how do u move the antenna around, the wire is too short and its powered by the set top box? even if can move the range is small?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I tried hooking up the box set and antenna to my monitor in my study room and still no signal for all channels...i wonder if the antenna is faulty or Sembawang really no reception at all...

Haiz i thought i could save some cost and cancel my SCV but seems like im stuck with it till 2016..

btw how do u move the antenna around, the wire is too short and its powered by the set top box? even if can move the range is small?

If your purpose of subscribing to SCV is to watch MediaCorp free-to-air channels, then I suggest u buy a DVB-C receiver and cancel the subscription. :s22:

caim1984

Reaction score
If your purpose of subscribing to SCV is to watch MediaCorp free-to-air channels, then I suggest u buy a DVB-C receiver and cancel the subscription. :s22:

not too sure what's a DVB-C receiver..do you have a link of how it looks and how does it work?

my purpose of subscribing to SCV of course is not to watch MediaCorp channels only i do enjoy watching other channels like AXN/Lifetime..etc. but got tired of Paying for the subscription and most of the time the shows are repeated, on top of that i also have to deal with SH lousy customer service which is why i decided to just save cost and watch free to air channels.

i went to the shop and told the sales man that the set top box is not working the only solution he gave me was it might be faulty and exchange a new one for me and he told me to do manual tuning...no idea whats manual tuning as i remember with the old TVs with antenna manual tuning was really simple but with this Draco i have no clue how to do manual tuning and the manual doesn't even teach u anything...anyway i tried auto tuning and still same issue no reception at all and can't detect any channels.

any help or guide would be appreciated. thanks

racife

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got a samsung uhd 4k tv ua40hu7000k. The installation guys connected it to the wall socket but the image for local tv is quite unclear. Malaysian channel is even clearer. They say it's cos the wire connecting the analog antenna wall socket to the tv is too low quality, and that I need to get a new one.

It sounds fishy to me though, what should I do? Location is cck btw

Sent from GAGT Android App

samtang

Reaction score
not too sure what's a DVB-C receiver..do you have a link of how it looks and how does it work?

my purpose of subscribing to SCV of course is not to watch MediaCorp channels only i do enjoy watching other channels like AXN/Lifetime..etc. but got tired of Paying for the subscription and most of the time the shows are repeated, on top of that i also have to deal with SH lousy customer service which is why i decided to just save cost and watch free to air channels.

i went to the shop and told the sales man that the set top box is not working the only solution he gave me was it might be faulty and exchange a new one for me and he told me to do manual tuning...no idea whats manual tuning as i remember with the old TVs with antenna manual tuning was really simple but with this Draco i have no clue how to do manual tuning and the manual doesn't even teach u anything...anyway i tried auto tuning and still same issue no reception at all and can't detect any channels.

any help or guide would be appreciated. thanks

The set-top box would look something like this:

Alibaba Express FYHD 800C VII Singapore Set Top Box DVB C Receiver-in Satellite TV Receiver from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

You connect this to the the SH cable point. Connect the HDMI to your TV. Should be able to get all the local free channels including the free HD channels if available. This is more stable than getting OTA (over the air) signal via the Draco.

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am actually curious

Does anyone here have any experience with recording from Cable television using a tuner card?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am actually curious

Does anyone here have any experience with recording from Cable television using a tuner card?

So far I have only captured cable tv program via the RCA AV connection using my old Hauppauge card.

For newer options u probably can try Hauppauge Colossus, which takes in HDMI. But the output from the cable tv set top box has to be unencrypted, otherwise u might need to use component connection to capture.

caim1984

Reaction score
The set-top box would look something like this:

Alibaba Express FYHD 800C VII Singapore Set Top Box DVB C Receiver-in Satellite TV Receiver from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

You connect this to the the SH cable point. Connect the HDMI to your TV. Should be able to get all the local free channels including the free HD channels if available. This is more stable than getting OTA (over the air) signal via the Draco.

Thanks for the reply bro, just curious do they sell this DVB-C receiver at our local electronic stores? Im trying to get a refund for the Draco waiting for reply and i feel the most is they will tell me exchange another item same value...

also just curious if im on SH subscription will the DVB-C receiver still be able to get all the local free HD channels? i read somewhere in the forum says that if on SH SCV the signal is encrypted and if plug another receiver can't work? :s22:

thanks

samtang

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply bro, just curious do they sell this DVB-C receiver at our local electronic stores? Im trying to get a refund for the Draco waiting for reply and i feel the most is they will tell me exchange another item same value...

also just curious if im on SH subscription will the DVB-C receiver still be able to get all the local free HD channels? i read somewhere in the forum says that if on SH SCV the signal is encrypted and if plug another receiver can't work? :s22:

thanks

The SCV signal for free local channels are not encrypted. If you get this box and scan for channels you will get about 200 blank channels which are pay encrypted channels and all viewable local un-encrypted channels.

caim1984

Reaction score
The SCV signal for free local channels are not encrypted. If you get this box and scan for channels you will get about 200 blank channels which are pay encrypted channels and all viewable local un-encrypted channels.

i see, noted and thx for the info bro. not sure if gain city got sell if not im not dunno if i should buy another antenna and hope that it will work...i saw a lot of ppl using the daiyo EU1702 in addition with the Draco Set top box and it worked.

but the issue here is i don't feel like taking the risk because if they don't allow refund i'll be stuck with 2 items that i can't be used and need to exchange for something equivalent in value.

thanks.

racife

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got a samsung uhd 4k tv ua40hu7000k. The installation guys connected it to the wall socket but the image for local tv is quite unclear. Malaysian channel is even clearer. They say it's cos the free wire connecting the analog antenna wall socket to the tv is too low quality, and that I need to get a new one.

It sounds fishy to me though, what should I do? Location is cck btw

Anyone? Do i need to get a separate antenna or just a new wire to connect the tv to the tv wall socket?

b00mxer

Reaction score
Anyone? Do i need to get a separate antenna or just a new wire to connect the tv to the tv wall socket?

You can choose to connect via DVB-T2/C for digital signals. I believe you're currently connected to analogue signals.

racife

Reaction score
You can choose to connect via DVB-T2/C for digital signals. I believe you're currently connected to analogue signals.

So i should just rescan in digital mode even though i'm connected to the wall socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.