Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhole

Reaction score
okay! i got it now...

i need to get that draco box.. and its really hard to get hold of one..!!!

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
TV antenna has no brain one, it doesn't know the difference between analogue and digital signals. It will receive them all the same. It's just a matter of quality of the signal that may affect the reception.

I see, thanks for the info! :)

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okay! i got it now...

i need to get that draco box.. and its really hard to get hold of one..!!!

I literally saw a truck load of it at NTUC Fairprice at JEM. How can it be 'hard to get hold'??? :s13:

thundragon

Reaction score
I got this combiner Channel Plus 2534 Splitter Combiner 4 WAY FOR TV Antenna Cable 1 GHZ Bandwidth

I had attached my house SCV point (no MATV block) and my Daiyo EU1207. Only the below appears, rest of the channel either distorted or no signal

Daiyo antenna : Suria HD, CH 5 HD
SCV Point :analog OKTO, CNA, CH U

I already buy few Channel Plus 2534 Splitter Combiner but i forgot to test SCV point and check if my dvbt-2 can read SCV point. Now i check and shocked to see that it cannot detect any channels.

Any idea why?

So it do not work with Antenna and SCV point together as i already test it today. My bad luck

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already buy few Channel Plus 2534 Splitter Combiner but i forgot to test SCV point and check if my dvbt-2 can read SCV point. Now i check and shocked to see that it cannot detect any channels.

Any idea why?

So it do not work with Antenna and SCV point together as i already test it today. My bad luck

a workable "splitter combiner" will need to filter away cable frequencies that are the same as the dvb-t2/t channels, then filter away antenna frequencies that are NOT used by dvb-t2/t channels, and combine them together and output to your tv or decoder box.

and if you are sharing the combined signal to SCV box/analog tv, some channels will be missing because you filtered them for dvb-t2/t channels in the 1st place

simply combining cable and antenna will mess up the both sources of signals, its like pouring 2 cans of paint and become neither's original colour

Last edited:

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any idea why?

also ... not all dvbt2 decoders can decode dvb-c

pjs

Reaction score
Oh i see. No wonder.

Can you please provide url that dvbt2 -decode everything so i will buy new dvbt2?

So mine do not work for dvb-c. What abt draco dvbt2?

Draco is just for dvb-t2.

Just Google "Hybrid DVB-T2 DVB-C Set top box" and you will see results.

Think non available is sg yet, though dvb-c dvb-t hybrid receivers may be available here.

Last edited:

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
heard that the new batch of draco is on dec 2013 firmware, while the 1st batch is on nov 2013 firmware.
anyone has successfully upgraded the firmware to latest version?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
@thundragon

Instead of guessing, please let us know:

a) are you a starhub subscriber?
b) is your tv set confirmed dvb-t2 capable? Verify with these lists

http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/DigitalTV/Pages/DVBT2StereoReceiver.aspx
http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/DigitalTV/Pages/DVBT2SSRReceiver.aspx

c) do you have matv point?

Depending on your answers, the next question may be redundant:
c) why do you want to combine the outputs from the scv point and the indoor antenna?

Note: posts #2, 3 ad 27 at the start of this thread should start you off nicely on what you need.

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
T stands for terrestrial and C stands for cable. The short answer is... they are totally different and incompatible.

T is incompatible with C

but since T2's specification in some ways overlap with C, some T2 decoders might be able to decode C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.