Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsunggs2

Reaction score
good concern but u shld also concern the imported DVB-T2 STBs u selling, hv the sets registered with the safety authority~? let's not be double standard~ :s22:

u talking cock right?

riser is government property...

the DVB-T2 is willing buyer willing seller...

u really talking cock right?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no issue with the key to the riser door. is fine.
the issue here is the opening of the scv box insider the riser.

What scv box? No scv box inside just 1 cable to yr house and 1 from rooftop antenna and another from scv.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
u talking cock right?

riser is government property...

the DVB-T2 is willing buyer willing seller...

u really talking cock right?
Cool it, man...

Quote from MDA

"All DVB-T2 equipment sold in Singapore must register with the Infocomm Development Authority’s (IDA’s) Enhanced Simplified Equipment Registration Scheme and comply with the Technical Specification for Integrated Receiver Decoder (IRD) as set out by IDA and MDA - See more at: http://www.mda.gov.sg/RegulationsAndLicensing/Licences/Pages/DTVLabelMarkUsageLicence.aspx#sthash.7Wuj100q.dpuf"

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, where can I download the latest firmware for DVB t2 T2660? I'm facing some audio muffle and some channels audio always no sound, need to reset audio everytime when switching channels..

Lexyyy

Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone kindly confirm that this is a MATV port
29fcu12.jpg

If so, can i connect a DVB T2 ready tv such as LG 42LB582T with this to receive digital channels?

Last edited:

hOp3SoT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does the LG 42LB58 comes wif the wall mount or it requires a seperate purchase? Thanks!

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Does the LG 42LB58 comes wif the wall mount or it requires a seperate purchase? Thanks!
TVs normally don't come with wall mount bracket, only the TV stand. Maybe in some shops you can get a free wall bracket gift to mount your TV on it if you buy a new TV.

:)

Lexyyy

Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone kindly confirm that this is a MATV port
29fcu12.jpg

If so, can i connect a DVB T2 ready tv such as LG 42LB582T with this to receive digital channels?

Tried connecting just now. Could only receive HD5 and Suria :( Is my rooftop antenna not ready yet?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried connecting just now. Could only receive HD5 and Suria :( Is my rooftop antenna not ready yet?
Are the programmes your receive on Chan 29 (frequency 538 MHz)? How's the signal strength and picture quality (this is different from the visual quality as seen by you) as indicated by your tv.

Are you able to receive analogue U on chan 28, analogue Octo on chan 30 and analogue CNA on chan 32?

If so, try to retune. You should be able to receive the other DVB-T2 channles.

Lexyyy

Reaction score
Are the programmes your receive on Chan 29 (frequency 538 MHz)? How's the signal strength and picture quality (this is different from the visual quality as seen by you) as indicated by your tv.

Are you able to receive analogue U on chan 28, analogue Octo on chan 30 and analogue CNA on chan 32?

If so, try to retune. You should be able to receive the other DVB-T2 channles.

Yea they were at 538MHz however the signal strength as shown on the tv was only about 70%. I was also able to receive other channels(except vass and channel 8 somehow). I tried to manual tune at their respective channels and frequencies but all shown "no signal".

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
What about the reception of analogue channles I asked? This info is important for me to diagnose the problem.

Lexyyy

Reaction score
What about the reception of analogue channles I asked? This info is important for me to diagnose the problem.

Oh hey my previous post was unclear. Sorry about that. I was able to receive those channels you mentioned(analogue i guess since it was in SD and there wasn't any programme list and stuff?) but i cant remember the channel numbers, gotta wait till tonight. Picture quality was fine, non flaky.

Last edited:

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh hey my previous post was unclear. Sorry about that. I was able to receive those channels you mentioned(analogue i guess since it was in SD and there wasn't any programme list and stuff?) but i cant remember the channel numbers, gotta wait till tonight. Picture quality was fine, non flaky.
Good, if what you said about the analogue channels is confirmed, then your tv set is probably faulty.

Read this explanation in the spoiler for explanations of why matv can receive digital channels in case the tv set service centre tries to mislead you:

For hdb and condo residents who receive their tv signals through the matv wall points (not starhub points), they are likely to be able to receive the T & T2 broadcast if they are receiving the analogue channels, U (chan 28), Octo (chan 30) and CNA (chan 32) now.

Why is this so?

Take a look at the sketch below which shows a highly simplified matv system using 3 filters for channels 28, 30 and 32. This means that the matv, on paper, will only be supplying signals for these 3 channels, signals on other channels are blocked.
xm2G7.jpg

However, passive filters as used in matv in real world do not have the high "selectivity" with U-shaped curve. Instead, it is more like a V-shaped curve as represented by the red line in the sketch below:
w5ZBJ.jpg

So, signals not too far away from the pass bands, ie chan 28, 30, and 32 will be able to come in, though at a reduced level.

If helped that T, and more so in T2, the design of the dvb system makes the signals extremely robust. Weak signals containing high error can still be successfully decoded to provide satisfactory digital tv reception.

That is the reason why matv could receive T broadcast which used chan 29 a few months ago. And for the same reason some matv are now receiving the new T2 broadcast using chans 27, 29 and 31.

Edit: amended links to sketches.
Read this thread for users experience of using HDB matv to receive digital channels:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...-t2-settings-no-discussions-here-4519120.html

Edit: your matv point may be old, but the signal is still good as confirmed by the good analogue tv reception.

Last edited:

Lexyyy

Reaction score
Good, if what you said about the analogue channels is confirmed, then your tv set is probably faulty.

Read this explanation in the spoiler for explanations of why matv can receive digital channels in case the tv set service centre tries to mislead you:

Read this thread for users experience of using HDB matv to receive digital channels:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...-t2-settings-no-discussions-here-4519120.html

Edit: your matv point may be old, but the signal is still good as confirmed by the good analogue tv reception.

Just a clearer recount of my experience before i start doing other testing. I auto tuned my tv the other night and it was able to pick up HD5, HDSuria, CNA, Okto, ChnlU and 2 test channels. Do i have to select any DVB T2 options or something along this line before auto tuning?

I read through some earlier posts and found forummers recommending this non digital antenna. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/82476384-post734.html

So, assuming that my tv set is non faulty, i would be likely able to receive all the digital channels if i were to use this antenna. Will this act as a further confirmation as to whether the fault lies on the tv?

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Just a clearer recount of my experience before i start doing other testing. I auto tuned my tv the other night and it was able to pick up HD5, HDSuria, CNA, Okto, ChnlU and 2 test channels. Do i have to select any DVB T2 options or something along this line before auto tuning?
I am not sure how your tv auto tune works. But I believe you only have the options of selecting analogue and digital. There is unlikely to be an option for DVB-T2. So just select digital autotune. If the digital signal is sufficient, then you should be able to get all the digital channels.

I read through some earlier posts and found forummers recommending this non digital antenna. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/82476384-post734.html

So, assuming that my tv set is non faulty, i would be likely able to receive all the digital channels if i were to use this antenna. Will this act as a further confirmation as to whether the fault lies on the tv?
Good idea to use an indoor antenna to verify whether the tv is faulty or not. The antenna is cheap and fairly good. Unless you are in a hopeless location such as at the ground floor and surrounded by tall building, it should be able to pick up the digital signals. Note that digital signal strength required is very much lower than analogue signal for perfect reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.