Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexyyy

Reaction score
I am not sure how your tv auto tune works. But I believe you only have the options of selecting analogue and digital. There is unlikely to be an option for DVB-T2. So just select digital autotune. If the digital signal is sufficient, then you should be able to get all the digital channels.

Good idea to use an indoor antenna to verify whether the tv is faulty or not. The antenna is cheap and fairly good. Unless you are in a hopeless location such as at the ground floor and surrounded by tall building, it should be able to pick up the digital signals. Note that digital signal strength required is very much lower than analogue signal for perfect reception.

Tried again awhile ago. I actually had HD5, HDSuria, ChnlU, CNA, Okto and 2 test channels listed under DTV. My analogue channels were extremely flaky and unwatchable. My apologies for the mix up :o Seems like my old MATV point is the issue eh? Will get this antenna tomorrow and report back =:p

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried again awhile ago. I actually had HD5, HDSuria, ChnlU, CNA, Okto and 2 test channels listed under DTV. My analogue channels were extremely flaky and unwatchable. My apologies for the mix up :o Seems like my old MATV point is the issue eh? Will get this antenna tomorrow and report back =:p
If the analogue channels are bad, what you can do is to inform HDB about the problem. Don't mention about the digital channels. They would probably change the wall point, at no cost to you.

If you don't mind spending $10 or so for the antenna, go ahead and treat it as a learning experience:)

morgankell

Reaction score
After waiting for 7 mths for hauppauge to replace my pctv nanostick T2 290e (the version which does not work with T2 1.3.1), I bought the tbs6821 instead and it works perfectly...

Please never buy haupaugge, overpriced and horrible support. The tech support gives the same nonconstructive excuses every month when I emailed them to check.

For bros looking for an amplified flat antennae, can consider from Amazon (qualifies for international free shipping if > 125 usd total purchase)
a) MOHU leaf 50 (aka ultimate) for 63 USD
b) Amazon basics extreme performance for 58 USD
c) Winegard FL5500A for 60 USD

I'm using them currently and can receive dvb-t/dvb-t2 signals without any fuss

The MOHU leaf was the first purchase, a bit overpriced and smaller than the other 2 competitors... I got it last year at 70 usd...

The amazon and winegard are essentially the same product. Just get the cheaper of the two. The antennae is bigger than the leaf and managed to get reception at my parents ground floor flat (surrounded by other flats) where the leaf failed. The leaf is working fine at my place though.

gooojeeee

Reaction score
Wd like to ask is there a tv model that has both
the dvb-t2 and dvb-c (cable) tuner together?

TIA

Myu~sun

Master Member
Reaction score
currently using 46f5500 . which dun have dvbt2 . just gotten this tv . tried to use the tv point in my hdb but the picture quality is really bad . is it really due to big screen that cause the image to be blurry ? i'm staying in yishun . so i have to get the hd setup box or those dvbt2 setupbox ? ? i nv subscribe to any mio / star hub and stuff .

ps first time using such a big tv =X previously only on 21" - 29" nia .

petetherock

Reaction score
Guys, let's keep things here to technical discussions.
There are places for TCSS matters.

Thanks

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
currently using 46f5500 . which dun have dvbt2 . just gotten this tv . tried to use the tv point in my hdb but the picture quality is really bad . is it really due to big screen that cause the image to be blurry ? i'm staying in yishun . so i have to get the hd setup box or those dvbt2 setupbox ? ? i nv subscribe to any mio / star hub and stuff .

The reason why you are having poor picture quality might be because you are receiving analog TV signals instead. You can consider getting a Draco HDT2-7300 DVB-T2 set top box, which includes a indoor antenna to receive MediaCorp digital TV signals such as Ch8(HD), Ch5(HD), Suria(HD), Vasatham(HD) and other non-HD MediaCorp digital channels.

EDIT: You mentioned you are connecting your
TV to the TV point in your HDB, is it the SCV point or the HDB MATV point?

:)

Last edited:

Windowlover

Reaction score

Easy way to check with logo at top right hand coner, this logo with HD below. Maybe you can check whether you are receiving digital and analog signal at first. Big screen nowaday is much better and clearer too.

stamina

Reaction score
Once DVB T2 is at steady state, what will happen to the master starhub tv cable point found in all flats? Will it still be around or usable as Im currently enjoying the free Malaysia TV 1 and Sports Arena channels.

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once DVB T2 is at steady state, what will happen to the master starhub tv cable point found in all flats? Will it still be around or usable as Im currently enjoying the free Malaysia TV 1 and Sports Arena channels.

till now they arent even showing channel 8 in hd, i dont think anybody knows what will happen to the analog mediacorp channels when the switchover is in effect

stamina

Reaction score
I have T2 tv set and master antenna rooftop. In addition, to the digital channels, how can i receieve those indonesian and tv3 malaysian channels?

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have T2 tv set and master antenna rooftop. In addition, to the digital channels, how can i receieve those indonesian and tv3 malaysian channels?

It really depends if the signals can reach your block's rooftop

stamina

Reaction score
It really depends if the signals can reach your block's rooftop
so the rooftop antenna should be able to transmit both digital channel as well as the Indo and Malaysia channels to my T2 tv? No need to buy that new Draco or those those old type indoor antenna?

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They will stop transmission of analog signal and eventually they will phase out/ remove the master antenna. Maintaining MA is a responsibility and cost to Gov. SO it is better to outsource the cost and maintenance to the people. They buy their own antenna, position their own and replace at their own cost. This is in line with gov do less, ppl do more.

HeeroYuy84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is 4k tv a good buy now? harvey norman guy says 4k tv with hdmi output is better than notmal hd tv? lol

stamina

Reaction score
so the rooftop antenna should be able to transmit both digital channel as well as the Indo and Malaysia channels to my T2 tv? No need to buy that new Draco or those those old type indoor antenna?

Another question, those indo and malaysian channels we recieve from rooftop, are they classified as digital or analogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.