Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
hey bros did anyone lose reception of dvb-t2 hd5 (and suria) suddenly? I lost reception yesterday on my htpc with the tbs6281, cant get it back even after rescanning with mediacenter.

now I'm using the dvb-t1 hd 5... irritating... I'm stay in potong pasir btw

As a side note, ccchin, congrats, which antennae did u get from the states? Did you get 2 sets of channel 5 hd (named differently as one is from dvb-t1 reception, the other is dvb-t2) Dvb-t2 HD 5 and suria are on the same frequency... so you could have same problem as me.

1)
@ ccchin
im glad u liked your purchase. Any chance you can watch the non mediacorp channels from 48 dvb t2 channels u picked up? I did get some odd malaysian channels...

2) any other bros lost the hd5/ suria dvb-t2 frequency?

3) I just received 292e hauppauge pctv tuner. But I cant find any specific 292e windows 7 mediacenter drivers at all... good grief....

mayb u wanna post ur discussion here for PC tuner~

[Official] DVB-T2 USB/PCI-E/PCI TV Tuner Thread - Page 10 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

anyway, i'm still able recv DVB-T2 HD5 & Suria~ :s22:

DVB-T HD5 with hardsub~
5p64z.jpg

DVB-T2 HD5 with softsub~
2hmhcw9.jpg

DVB-T2 Suria~
3k92.jpg

morgankell

Reaction score
no worries bro, i rescanned again tonight... the channels are back...
i posted not because of any tuner issue (I know the tuner works) but rather to see if mediacorp turned off some transmitter somewhere

cyrilng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi morgankell, I am able to receive the dvb-t hd5 but not the dvb-t2 hd5 & suria. Glad to know that I am not the only one with this issue. Thanks to your earlier sharing on US flat antennas. I love the flat design, as it is unobtrusive, and also like the lavishly long cables provided. After reading some reviews, I get the AmazonBasics Extreme Performance over the Mohu Leaf Ultimate. :)

@cyrilng: I get the AmazonBasics Extreme Performance Indoor HDTV Antenna. There are 2 other versions, the High Performance and the Regular version. Only the Extreme version comes with an amplifier. I am glad I get the extreme version bcos without turning on the amplifier, my receiver is not able to detect any dvb-t and dvb-t2 signals. For me, it is always better to be safe than sorry. :s13:

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Extreme Performance Ultra Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - Designed and Assembled in USA: Electronics

Thanks! :)

Do you have to use a step down transformer for it the power adapter is 110v right?

ccchin

Reaction score
Thanks! :)

Do you have to use a step down transformer for it the power adapter is 110v right?

No need step down transformer. The power adapter is rated at 100-240V~ 50-60Hz. You just need a travel adapter that accommodates USA's 2-pin plug.

Or you can simply plug the antenna's usb plug to the TV's usb connector to power the amplifier.

Between the 2 methods, the power adapter provides better signal levels and quality.

gluggy

Reaction score
Getmecom HD9 Audio Sync

I just bought a Getmecom HD9 (SW Version: Jan 17 2014, HW Version: 1.1).

However, I find that the audio and video are not synchronized - the audio is always delayed about 1 second. I've tried all the different audio settings, as well as the different audio channels.

This problem is encountered when the audio is coming over HDMI, analog, and the built-in speaker. I haven't tried it over the SPDIF output yet.

Has anyone encountered this?

ckteo172

Reaction score
i'm in yishun area . anyone can receive t2 channel ? i'm staying at ard yishun 4xx ~ low floor .

what do you all mean by in door antenna ? have to buy separately ? i only have scv point at my hse =x

I can received using Margon Combo 5.1 Antenna, low floor also.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Bros, if analog and digital cannot receive from antenna point, contact who?

SCV point -> contact StarHub public hotline
HDB MATV point -> contact HDB of your town (eg. Bishan)
Condo MATV -> contact your Condo management unit
Landed property MATV -> contact an antenna repairman of your choice.

*correct me if im wrong at some areas!* :)

ACeRyan

Reaction score
Hey everyone, we are opening our doors from 26 - 29 June at our office, 60 Kaki Bukit Place, Eunos Techpark Lobby B, #06-03 Singapore 415979 for a demo of the Playon! LIVE DVB-T2 Recorder & Booster Antenna.

You are all welcome to come see and test out :)

impact94

Reaction score
Guys, recently i bought a few DVB-T2 box set from taobao.. however there is one boxset software version is meant for russia.. where can i get the latest software update for malaysia software... Anyone know how to update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.