Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody using the Getmecom HD 9 box from Indonesia?

I have used this for a few months without problems but now this happens with the channel used just before turning off the box.
The other channels are ok.

b00mxer

Reaction score
Just wondering anybody living in the west particularly jurong area able to receive indonesian digital channels?

Passer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got my box, scanned using this antenna [http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1055/20120515165259.jpg].

no channels found, not even one. zz

stayed at cck area low floor.

does buying amazon extreme antenna helps?

I am confident that it will. But do you want to take the risk? :D

So I just took the risk haha, will update the results when I test

Glad that you took the plunge. Do share your results. :)

Received my amazon extreme antenna, now can receive all mediacorp channels plus 3 test channels!

But still need some positioning tho it's an indoor antenna. Looks like my area reception really very low.

Silverback84

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Received my amazon extreme antenna, now can receive all mediacorp channels plus 3 test channels!

But still need some positioning tho it's an indoor antenna. Looks like my area reception really very low.

At where?.....

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering anybody living in the west particularly jurong area able to receive indonesian digital channels?

i live in jwest. bought a 27 usd tuner from aliexpress, using cheap antenna can only get ch 5, suria, vasanthem, ch 8 and test. i think need invest better antenna to get indon digitall channel

b00mxer

Reaction score
Good news!

From mediacorp digital tv website:
30 June 2014 update:

Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Batok, Bukit Timah, Clementi and Jurong East residents can now receive Digital TV.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Me boon lay cannot receive indo channels. Powered antenna need to be near Window.

ccchin

Reaction score

Congrats on your successful dvb-t2 reception! :)

CCK is just north of bukit batok. You need to point your antenna south.

kmchow98

Reaction score
Congrats on your successful dvb-t2 reception! :)

CCK is just north of bukit batok. You need to point your antenna south.

My Amazon extreme antenna also arrived last night.
Was able to receive all the Singapore digital channels.

This antenna is expensive, but the long cable and flat structure makes it really easy to position. Once I put it near the window, I got all the signals. No need to do any particular adjustments.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much is the amazon extreme antenna including shipping?
which forwarder did you use? Thanks

Is this the one? :D

71NTinU%2BlGL._SL1500_.jpg

kmchow98

Reaction score
Yes. that is the one.

I bought it using the lowest shipping cost, although I don't know how much that is. My wife was the one that placed the order for me.

It was supposed to arrive 15 July. So they were 2 weeks ago of schedule.

ccchin

Reaction score
those live east have better lluck

is amazon antenna better than ntuc?

Only someone who tested with all the antennae has the answer.

So far four of us who own the amazon antenna can watch local dvb-t2 channels. :D

morgankell @ potong pasir
me @ kim tian (bukit merah)
Passer @ chua chu kang
kmchow98 @ telok blangah (bukit merah)

Last edited:

kmchow98

Reaction score
Only someone who tested with all the antennae has the answer.

So far four of us who own the amazon antenna can watch local dvb-t2 channels. :D

Passer @ chua chu kang

Personally, if you use the Amazon antenna, you have the highest chance to watch over the air digital TV. In US, this antenna can pick up signals up to 50Miles. If this is true, in its amplified mode, you have a good chance anywhere in Singapore.

If it doesn't work, when more transmit stations are planted in Singapore, you'll be 1st to get it.

b00mxer

Reaction score
Personally, if you use the Amazon antenna, you have the highest chance to watch over the air digital TV. In US, this antenna can pick up signals up to 50Miles. If this is true, in its amplified mode, you have a good chance anywhere in Singapore.

If it doesn't work, when more transmit stations are planted in Singapore, you'll be 1st to get it.

Still looking for answers regarding indonesian channels. :(

Kopi Gao

Reaction score

Passer @ chua chu kang

Hi Bros,

Interested in the Amazon Extreme Performance Antenna.

Below taken from Amazon website:

State of the Art Integrated Preamplifier; Includes 5v USB power inverter with LED power indicator and 110v power adapter

Do you use the power adapter provided (it says 110v) or you use those iPhone charger plug/head? Thanks bro!

ccchin

Reaction score
Hi Bros,

Interested in the Amazon Extreme Performance Antenna.

Below taken from Amazon website:

State of the Art Integrated Preamplifier; Includes 5v USB power inverter with LED power indicator and 110v power adapter

Do you use the power adapter provided (it says 110v) or you use those iPhone charger plug/head? Thanks bro!

The power adapter is rated at 100-240V~ 50-60Hz. You just need a travel adapter that accommodates USA's 2-pin plug.

Or you can simply plug the antenna's usb plug to the TV's usb connector to power the amplifier. The power adapter provides slightly better signal levels and quality.

HeeroYuy84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a question, is there a way to connect 2 antenna to the tv?

For better signal quality or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.