Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

icanvote

Reaction score
new to stb thing. just cancelled my mio subscription (becoz i only watch c5 n c8). so bought tis thing below yesterday. any1 hv tis too ?
20140706_200152_zps829c54b9.png

still xploring tis thing. c8 receiving gd but c5 signal shuttling(signal in n out frequently). any1 knows how to fix it ?
tried recording the tv program n playback on pc, got video but no audio. any1 knows wat is the problem ? stay in bt batok.

Last edited:

regency

Reaction score
The power adapter is rated at 100-240V~ 50-60Hz. You just need a travel adapter that accommodates USA's 2-pin plug.

Or you can simply plug the antenna's usb plug to the TV's usb connector to power the amplifier. The power adapter provides slightly better signal levels and quality.

hi

If I get the Amazon High Performance Antenna, do I still need a DVB-T setup box, or just connect this to the TV will do?

Thanks.

ccchin

Reaction score
hi

If I get the Amazon High Performance Antenna, do I still need a DVB-T setup box, or just connect this to the TV will do?

Thanks.

Connect the antenna to:

1) a TV with built-in DVB-T2 tuner.
or
2) a DVB-T2 receiver (STB) and connect STB's HDMI output to TV.

You can search older posts for diagrams and additional info.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello i dont know about this though, as im just using my computer monitor build in speaker.

Pressing the audio button on the remote will give a few choices. If there are 5.1 surround sound for the program, a selection for that audio channel with the logo "5.1" will appear.

I needsomecash, I am planning to buy the dvb-t2 tuner box you got from Aliexpress. Can you confirm that the box you bought can record using EPG(Electronic Program Guide)? Eg. I mean like today is Monday. You saw there is an interesting program on coming Friday 7pm~9.30pm. Can you just go to the EPG & select to record that program on Friday 7pm & it will automatically stops at 9.30pm?

Thanks. You have been helpful in this forum.

XP

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought a Margon 5 antenna, didn't even get 1 signal. My window is facing another block so I guess I am out of luck till the official rollout :(

ccchin

Reaction score
Bought a Margon 5 antenna, didn't even get 1 signal. My window is facing another block so I guess I am out of luck till the official rollout :(

Thanks for sharing. 2015/2016 is a long wait. Perhaps it is better to sell away your margon and try the ACRyan antenna since they said it works in Tampines.

crazyliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since you asked bro, $29 is the pre-order price. :)

thanks for the price.

my place near redhill and only 3-4Q then can get the digital signal. if I install the booster antenna now, can it be sure I will receive all the digital channels??

kmchow98

Reaction score
thanks for the price.

my place near redhill and only 3-4Q then can get the digital signal. if I install the booster antenna now, can it be sure I will receive all the digital channels??

Why not get the Amazon antenna? Redhill and Telok Blangah sure can get signal. I didn't even have to try.

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone can tell me why we cannot use the wall plug cable to digital tv (with in-built tuner) directly to get the signals? We need to buy additional outdoor antenna?

The reason I'm asking is I find it strange that those with singtel or starhub setup boxes can still use the same wall plug cable as the signal source.

icanvote

Reaction score
new to stb thing. just cancelled my mio subscription (becoz i only watch c5 n c8). so bought tis thing below yesterday. any1 hv tis too ?
20140706_200152_zps829c54b9.png

still xploring tis thing. c8 receiving gd but c5 signal shuttling(signal in n out frequently). any1 knows how to fix it ?
tried recording the tv program n playback on pc, got video but no audio. any1 knows wat is the problem ? stay in bt batok.

problems solved.
moved antenna near to window solving signals fluctuate problem.
got video but no audio problem, solved by convert the file (ts format) to avi format (or other common formats)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.