Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can tune in to Suria, CNA & okto, you should have HD 5 & Ch U, because Suria + HD 5 is 1 frequency, CNA + okto + Ch U is another 1 frequency.

There is no way you can get Suria without HD 5 and vice versa :)

Yes you are correct.

AV-in recording = non HD
USB HDD recording on Playon! LIVE = HD

Hope it's clearer for you now :s12:

Just checked.. I have digital signal under Channel u, CNA and Okto. But don't have digital channel for HD5 and Suria.. Haha

Channel 5 can receive but is those fuzzy fuzzy type.. I guess the reception in Woodlands is still not up to standard yet.

stamina

Reaction score
I'm a little muddle headed and can't grasp wat exactly u're saying but let me know for ur mum current set up, if it's item 1 or 2 below? Or, I've totally misunderstood?
1. MATV point > TV signal Booster > TV.
2. Portable TV antenna with signal Booster > TV

Living room using T2 tv and have both Starhub wall and MATV.
So now using Starhub wall point but limited to RTM1. Last time using old tv connected to MATV, need to use that old v shape antenna booster(spoilt now) to get Indo or other malaysian channels like Tv3 etc.so my question is how to watch other indo and malaysian channels now apart from the t2 free to air channels? Are there different type of indoor antennas? Those old v shape and the current digital antennas, do they serve the same purpose?

Last edited:

cooltaze

Reaction score
Is our HDB SCV cable points able to receive Malaysia or local digital channels? I read that SCV point able to receive only one Malaysia channel and MATV point can receive all & local DVB-T.

All my TV points are SCV cable points but I'm able to receive all the Malaysia channels on analog TV & digital DVB-T on USB tuner so now a bit confuse if my TV points is connected to SCV or rooftop MATV?

Last edited:

ACeRyan

Reaction score
Just checked.. I have digital signal under Channel u, CNA and Okto. But don't have digital channel for HD5 and Suria.. Haha

Channel 5 can receive but is those fuzzy fuzzy type.. I guess the reception in Woodlands is still not up to standard yet.

I guess you are getting the DVB-T Channel 5 (610MHz). DVB-T is quite bad, think TVMobile.

The DVB-T2 HD 5 is 538MHz, try to reposition your antenna :)

Lord_Kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess you are getting the DVB-T Channel 5 (610MHz). DVB-T is quite bad, think TVMobile.

The DVB-T2 HD 5 is 538MHz, try to reposition your antenna :)

Think I have reached the maximum to reposition my antenna.... haha

gdspd8

Reaction score
Hmm seems like there might be a hardware issue. No worries, could we trouble you to bring it in to our service centre at 60 Kaki Bukit Place, #06-03, we would like to take a look at your set for you. :)

My bad. After a few try, my booster antenna light is red on.
Now I can receive VAS channel too.
I did a recording and everything is smooth.
However, all channel is easily receive as my signal strength is 90% but not for HD 8. I have to position quite high on my window pane in order for it to run smoothly. Else sure signal lost. Not for HD 5. HD 5 very smooth. Duno why.

ACeRyan

Reaction score
As DVB-T2 signals are sent over the air, positioning is more of an art as opposed to science - just gotta try until you get the sweet spot :s13:

Far don't necessarily means good, high also doesn't mean good. To illustrate, these are just taken, in our office at Kaki Bukit (outside of Singapore's DVB-T2 signal roadmap)

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yew Tee low floor reception is not very good.

I hang my outdoor/indoor antenna at my usual spot outside the windows & it works.

e9hnh1.jpg

2m80cxf.jpg

wamphster

Reaction score
Hi to all!

Just to share my experience watching HD broadcasting. Been reading some websites on how to acquire HD broadcasting here in Singapore. I learned that DVB-T2 is the latest HD broadcasting and one must have either cable tv provider or digital box with indoor antenna or digital indoor antenna (provide your TV set support DVB-T2 built-in).

My TV is Samsung UA55F8000 which supports digital tuner built in. Thus I have just purchased the Draco ANT-600 digital indoor antenna sells at S$29 in Harvey Norman. This antenna has USB powered and antenna connection. After I connect both USB and antenna connection to my TV, I just re-tune my channels and choose only Digital Air transmission (to lessen the searching of channel) and voila, my TV searched around 7 channels digitally. I have never seen such sharp and live looking broadcasting as what I have seen from my gorgeous 55" 3D Led TV UA55F8000 from Samsung. Now, I am enjoying watching HD broadcasting here in Singapore. I have yet to try video recording as it has option to do so and so with the Channel guide.

Thank you very much.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Is our HDB SCV cable points able to receive Malaysia or local digital channels? I read that SCV point able to receive only one Malaysia channel and MATV point can receive all & local DVB-T.

All my TV points are SCV cable points but I'm able to receive all the Malaysia channels on analog TV & digital DVB-T on USB tuner so now a bit confuse if my TV points is connected to SCV or rooftop MATV?

Which one you connected to?

RvmQIkj.jpg

top right -- SCV
bottom -- MATV

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody can point me to a link to read about the timeline for Starhub carrying FTA HD channels on their set top box?

Streetwise

Reaction score
Living room using T2 tv and have both Starhub wall and MATV.
So now using Starhub wall point but limited to RTM1. Last time using old tv connected to MATV, need to use that old v shape antenna booster(spoilt now) to get Indo or other malaysian channels like Tv3 etc.so my question is how to watch other indo and malaysian channels now apart from the t2 free to air channels? Are there different type of indoor antennas? Those old v shape and the current digital antennas, do they serve the same purpose?

If I get u correctly, u're using a booster, which is connected to ur MATV and TV......thus, I see no change.....just connect MATV > Booster > DVBT2 TV.

b00mxer

Reaction score
Rats... that means I still need an antenna even if I subscribe to Starhub? What about Mio?

No.. You don't need an indoor antenna if you're on starhu or
Mio cos you're alr receiving digital via their infrastructure. Starhub will only carry the rest of mediacorp HD channels later this year apart from 5 (HD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.