Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes they can. I even connect the antenna cables direct to the wall outlet and still no digital signal. It was okay for many months. It's still not okay now.

Don't tell me HDB/Mediacorp stop it in some manner in order to promote their set top box?

Cannot be they spend money to hire people to tear down the antenna. More likely, thunder storm brought it down for Good.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Finally, went to HN and bought the MARGON Home+ 2.0 Indoor Antenna ($39) and now can watch digital tv leow

syak_88

Reaction score
Can u guys get TV1? I using the normal cheapo antenna and can get the mediacorp HD channels with no problems, but my parents wants malaysia's TV 1...

And just wondering, i can get ntv7 and sctv but the quality sucks so much its not watchable...Theres colour and sound is good but very grainy. Do u guys think if i get the amazon antenna, it will be much better?

Staying at bukit batok east first storey.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can u guys get TV1? I using the normal cheapo antenna and can get the mediacorp HD channels with no problems, but my parents wants malaysia's TV 1...

And just wondering, i can get ntv7 and sctv but the quality sucks so much its not watchable...Theres colour and sound is good but very grainy. Do u guys think if i get the amazon antenna, it will be much better?

Staying in same place as me but I stay on the top storey.

I still waiting for my antenna to be deliver to me so cannot tell you.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

I think it is due to location reason? SCTV quality shouldn't be so bad.

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
i just brought AverMedia AVerTV Hybrid Volar T2 (AVerMedia AVerTV Global - TV Tuners, Live IPTV Streaming Encoder, Video Capture Card, Media Player and Multimedia Products - AVerTV Hybrid Volar T2)

can receive all those dvb-t2 channels? scan here scan there like nothing leh.
1) Your DVB-T2 card MUST connect to an external antenna to receive DVB-T2 signals for now. YOU CANNOT CONNECT YOUR DVB-T2 CARD TO YOUR SCV POINT AND EXPECT TO RECEIVE DVB-T2 SIGNALS!

SCV Point looks like this:
scv.jpg

MATV Point looks like this:
psw122.gif

A lot of the MATV points got disabled when SCV rolled out cabling in Singapore over 20 years ago. HDB is also no longer maintaining the MATV points so your best bet is still using a DIY antenna.

2) DVB-T2 signals are not available islandwide now and are only available at certain places. Refer to this map:
rollout_map.jpg

3) The other 2 ways you can receive DVB-T2 channels are:
- Subscribe to Singtel MiOTV
- Subscribe to Starhub Cable TV
(ie, PAY MONEY)

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry subscribe to Starhub still cannot get all the HD channels... only HD 5 is available for Starhub.

petetherock

Reaction score
1)
YOU CANNOT CONNECT YOUR DVB-T2 CARD TO YOUR SCV POINT AND EXPECT TO RECEIVE DVB-T2 SIGNALS!

scv.jpg

psw122.gif

A lot of the MATV points got disabled when SCV rolled out cabling in Singapore over 20 years ago. HDB is also no longer maintaining the MATV points so your best bet is still using a DIY antenna.

2) DVB-T2 signals are not available islandwide now and are only available at certain places. Refer to this map:
rollout_map.jpg

(ie, PAY MONEY)

Good post, will add this to the start of this thread.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Your DVB-T2 card MUST connect to an external antenna to receive DVB-T2 signals for now. YOU CANNOT CONNECT YOUR DVB-T2 CARD TO YOUR SCV POINT AND EXPECT TO RECEIVE DVB-T2 SIGNALS!

scv.jpg

psw122.gif

rollout_map.jpg

(ie, PAY MONEY)

err.. i using the antenna given.

saw another tat all avermedia t2 will not work in spore. sian!

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry subscribe to Starhub still cannot get all the HD channels... only HD 5 is available for Starhub.

damn pissed off so long still no Ch 8 HD

that time I complain to starhub, their CSO keep insisting CH 103 is HD

stupid

hoonming

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to share with all.

Bought Soundtech VHF/UHF antenna from Giant IMM @ $15.90

Result : Ch 5 HD, Ch 8 HD, Suria HD, Vasantham HD, CNA SD, Ch U SD & Okto SD.

Happy so far. :)

ghost_83

Reaction score
I also want to check any bros have any luck with the digital signals at Chinatown area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.