Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_Lim

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got a samsung uhd 4k tv ua40hu7000k. The installation guys connected it to the wall socket but the image for local tv is quite unclear. Malaysian channel is even clearer. They say it's cos the wire connecting the analog antenna wall socket to the tv is too low quality, and that I need to get a new one.

It sounds fishy to me though, what should I do? Location is cck btw

Are you connected to SCV point or MATV point?
Probably MATV point.

Try connecting to SCV point (you may need a adapter), scan for DVB-C channels. You should get all the Singapore channels.

Also read first page, i.e. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/digital-tv-dvb-t2-singapore-%5Bconsolidated%5D-4486989.html

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got a samsung uhd 4k tv ua40hu7000k. The installation guys connected it to the wall socket but the image for local tv is quite unclear. Malaysian channel is even clearer. They say it's cos the wire connecting the analog antenna wall socket to the tv is too low quality, and that I need to get a new one.

It sounds fishy to me though, what should I do? Location is cck btw

Sent from GAGT Android App
Pics please for the 'wall socket'. As well as the cable used and its connector ends.

Sounds much like you are getting analogue channels via your HDB MATV point (not SCV cable point). You may want to try setting Aerial to Cable and select Digital Tuning in Auto Tuning first.

Last edited:

racife

Reaction score
Are you connected to SCV point or MATV point?
Probably MATV point.

Try connecting to SCV point (you may need a adapter), scan for DVB-C channels. You should get all the Singapore channels.

Also read first page, i.e. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/digital-tv-dvb-t2-singapore-%5Bconsolidated%5D-4486989.html

Pics please for the 'wall socket'. As well as the cable used and its connector ends.

Sounds much like you are getting analogue channels via your HDB MATV point (not SCV cable point). You may want to try setting Aerial to Cable and select Digital Tuning in Auto Tuning first.

Thank you guys for your help, i've redone the scanning in digital mode (previously scanned in analog mode), and now i can receive HD 5 and HD 8.

The other channels are not HD thru SCV's network yet right?

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your help, i've redone the scanning in digital mode (previously scanned in analog mode), and now i can receive HD 5 and HD 8.

The other channels are not HD thru SCV's network yet right?
Currently only Channel 5, 8 Suria and Vasantham are available in HD. Both on SCV and DVB-T2.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I also bought this a while back. Everything works fine except it seemed it never showed any English subtitles in any channels. Most time it will show 3 subtitles in most programs. One of the 'untitled' subtitle is chinese & it can show & I recalled it showed Malay subtitle also. Strangely it just never show English subtitle.

Is it that HD5 never put English subtitles or just the earlier firmware cannot display English subtitles?

Anyone knows where to download new firmware for this China STB?

bought this from taobao, the description says 2014 for sg and msia. they even supply a standard 2pin UK plug
ipgHM00L7Y6vS.jpg

the specs
iVBWbwlvAleD4.jpg

everything is fine, video is good. except the sound, which sounded the same as one of the users who posted earlier on. its like the pitch has been increased. funny thing is the dvb t HD5 sounds better than the dvb t2 HD5

Reaction score
What is the cheapest TV with build in DVB-T2 Tuner & an Antenna?
Want to compare the cost.
Or else quite exp if i have to buy DVB-T2 Tuner plus Antenna for every tv.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the cheapest TV with build in DVB-T2 Tuner & an Antenna?
Want to compare the cost.
Or else quite exp if i have to buy DVB-T2 Tuner plus Antenna for every tv.

There are aplenty of current year 32" LED TV with integrated DVB-T2 tuner. If you are lucky enough, you may also find some older gen TV on sale with working DVB-C tuner too.

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I also bought this a while back. Everything works fine except it seemed it never showed any English subtitles in any channels. Most time it will show 3 subtitles in most programs. One of the 'untitled' subtitle is chinese & it can show & I recalled it showed Malay subtitle also. Strangely it just never show English subtitle.

Is it that HD5 never put English subtitles or just the earlier firmware cannot display English subtitles?

Anyone knows where to download new firmware for this China STB?

No idea about the subtitles.

Can contact the seller to email you the firmware. Mine is 20140717V6.0

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just starting to look into set top boxes / tuners.

Am I understanding it correctly that the following ...

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...b]-dvb-t2-receiver-china-generic-4642510.html

Alibaba Express FYHD 800C VII Singapore Set Top Box DVB C Receiver-in Satellite TV Receiver from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

... are 2 different types of set top boxes - that the 1st one is meant to be hooked up to the MATV point and the 2nd one is meant to be hooked up to the SCV point? If so, which one would be a better choice if I have both types of points still working?

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody using this antenna ?
Is there a big difference in range between using USB power and using the supplied 110V adapter ?

I wonder if I can receive Indonesian DVB-T2 channels from Woodlands with this.

mister38

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2zir5mb.jpg

just received this PT360, use the long cable antenna can get SD channel at indoor with no issue, HD channel abit choppy....overall not bad :s12:

PS: pics is from leonaheidern :o

LxIxVxE

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Anybody using this antenna ?
Is there a big difference in range between using USB power and using the supplied 110V adapter ?

I wonder if I can receive Indonesian DVB-T2 channels from Woodlands with this.

For antenna, nobody can guarantee u anything

U need to buy and try it out urself

What works for others might not work for u
What dun work for others might work for u

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Tried tuning to DVB-C HD8 (514000KHz) on Samsung UA40F5500 LED TV but no results.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Got connect to SCV point first and set Aerial to Cable. You need to select Digital tuning as well.
Yup, connect to SCV point. I was doing manual tuning but didn't see any options, just 'Manual Digital TV tuning' option. :)

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, in case no one noticed, next to be covered in the DVB-T2 deployment is Woodlands, Yishun, Bishan and Toa Payoh.

rollout_map.jpg

From the survey:

Invited Areas/Estates
The households from Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Batok, Jurong East, Bukit Timah and Clementi will first be invited to take part in the Digital TV Experience Survey, and the survey will also be extended to Queenstown, Bukit Merah, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang, Woodlands, Yishun, Bishan and Toa Payoh once the indoor reception is ready.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From my own experience at Jurong West, I think all of Singapore is covered outdoors... so if you can hang your antenna outdoors, you will get strong signals... the rollout seems to guarantee indoor coverage and that means once you're in the rollout, you can take your antenna in... my area is slated for 2016 I think but I can leave my antenna just next to the window which is actually facing my kitchen and the clothes hanging area which is kind of enclosed and yet I can still receive strong signal... so actually I think the whole of Singapore is covered, just that you may not be able to receive the signal anywhere indoors unlike areas where the rollout has occurred.

chakuman

Banned
Reaction score
HD8's subtitles are out of place especially English subs. I am using StarHub Hubstation HD. I wonder are there any settings to this

weiyang76

Master Member
Reaction score
I have two DVB-T tuners at home, does anyone know if DVB-T still works? I've been trying to scan for channels on both devices, and it doesnt find any available frequencies.

Please assist. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.