see these

I5K3KyT.jpg

RL4VQ2p.jpg

aMtIgaE.jpg

Poor signal reception

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys i just bought a samsung h6400 tv and i noticed that when i on my sony blu ray home theatre system which is connected to the hdmi arc input of the tv, some channels will be unable to receive any signals. Anyone knows why? i tried plugging into other hdmi ports of the tv also the same and previously i was using panasonic tv and this issue didnt occur

That Blu-ray is emitting something that affects your t2 receiver?

marshy

Reaction score
Hi All

My Grandma's LCD broke down and now I'm helping to get a replacement TV.
I considered the Digital TV matter and thought to get a new TV with built-in Digital Tuner. I found a Sony model as recommended by Best Denki Sales Rep.
I checked and it's verified model to be compliant.

Question now is this.
No Starhub set top box is in used so it'll be direct connection from TV to SCV Point. I was told I need to buy a dedicated Digital Signal Cable for this connection (~$40-50). However, if Mediacorp has not yet pushed Digital signal in the area yet, would my setup still work or I need to switch back to the analog cable to connect between SCV Point to TV?

nyquist_ty

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All

My Grandma's LCD broke down and now I'm helping to get a replacement TV.
I considered the Digital TV matter and thought to get a new TV with built-in Digital Tuner. I found a Sony model as recommended by Best Denki Sales Rep.
I checked and it's verified model to be compliant.

Question now is this.
No Starhub set top box is in used so it'll be direct connection from TV to SCV Point. I was told I need to buy a dedicated Digital Signal Cable for this connection (~$40-50). However, if Mediacorp has not yet pushed Digital signal in the area yet, would my setup still work or I need to switch back to the analog cable to connect between SCV Point to TV?
see whether your grandma place has digital tv coverage - MediaCorp is going fully digital

If not covered then you have to subscribe Starhub to receive the digital channels. Or you can wait till digital TV is roll out to your area.

If it is covered,
For non-pay TV subscribers

You need to do is to buy an indoor antenna and a DVB-T2 digital set-top-box and connect them to your existing TV set to watch digital TV. You can also consider buying a new TV with a built-in DVB-T2 digital tuner (Integrated Digital TV or IDTV) set and an indoor antenna to enjoy an enhanced viewing experience. Additional equipment required will be a 75-ohm coaxial cable and a HDMI cable if you are using the digital set-top box.

MediaCorp Digital TV

marshy

Reaction score
see whether your grandma place has digital tv coverage - MediaCorp is going fully digital

If not covered then you have to subscribe Starhub to receive the digital channels. Or you can wait till digital TV is roll out to your area.

If it is covered,
For non-pay TV subscribers

You need to do is to buy an indoor antenna and a DVB-T2 digital set-top-box and connect them to your existing TV set to watch digital TV. You can also consider buying a new TV with a built-in DVB-T2 digital tuner (Integrated Digital TV or IDTV) set and an indoor antenna to enjoy an enhanced viewing experience. Additional equipment required will be a 75-ohm coaxial cable and a HDMI cable if you are using the digital set-top box.

MediaCorp Digital TV

Thanks for the help.
Location is at Serangoon North so base on Mediacorp's plan, its a general planned rollout in 2015/2016. Hence it is unlikely that the Digital signal is being pushed through the SCV Point.

Its ok. I'm just planning it in advance. Still can live with analog signal till Mediacorp formally push out digital signal in the area.

Henceforth, until then, I just invest on a TV with built-in DVB-T2 encoder but live with analog for now. There are no plans to get paid TV.

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.
Location is at Serangoon North so base on Mediacorp's plan, its a general planned rollout in 2015/2016. Hence it is unlikely that the Digital signal is being pushed through the SCV Point.

Its ok. I'm just planning it in advance. Still can live with analog signal till Mediacorp formally push out digital signal in the area.

Henceforth, until then, I just invest on a TV with built-in DVB-T2 encoder but live with analog for now. There are no plans to get paid TV.

The map is showing indoor reception coverage

Outdoor reception is already avaliable island wide

Meaning even if you don't have indoor reception at this time, you still can receive digital TV by sticking the antenna out if the window, of course outdoor reception depends your surroundings and direction of your window

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
channel 8 HD reception like got problem in the west..... 100 percent quality signal but occasionally got distortion

marshy

Reaction score
The map is showing indoor reception coverage

Outdoor reception is already avaliable island wide

Meaning even if you don't have indoor reception at this time, you still can receive digital TV by sticking the antenna out if the window, of course outdoor reception depends your surroundings and direction of your window

Yeh understood on that point.
Not urgent to get the Digital Signal in now.
Just Future Proofing the purchase.

Cheers.

CrazyBlue

Reaction score
Any one knows if sengkang, specifically near buangkok mrt, has signal for digital DVB-T2? Bought a Samsung HU7200 then realised digital ready means many things.. So I can't get HD 5.

Asked around and they all said if cannot get signal but the antenna is working, cannot exchange. So which antenna? I read hwz featured article mentioning the daiyo one. Then recently Draco.. Which is better?

CrazyBlue

Reaction score
Also another confusing thing, I Google the HU7200 and some site lists it as a dvb-C capable tuner, but I couldn't get anything.

Got a cheaper daiyo cable from F to TV. Must the cable be the so called digital TV cable or is that just a marketing gimmick?

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i'm getting 100% reception as reported and ch 8 (hd) and other channels are ok leh

tx0x7BV.jpg
are you getting interference? when the screen jumbles, monitor the level and quality, maybe there is an interference causing a sudden drop in quality

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also another confusing thing, I Google the HU7200 and some site lists it as a dvb-C capable tuner, but I couldn't get anything.

Got a cheaper daiyo cable from F to TV. Must the cable be the so called digital TV cable or is that just a marketing gimmick?

The problem with a lot of Samsung sets is that the DVB-C tuner is region locked, i.e. if the region of the TV is set to Singapore, the DVB-C tuner is disabled. This has been previously mentioned in this thread before, specifically here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88236824-post2878.html

You may either need to change the region in the settings to some country other than Singapore, or if your TV doesn't have any option for that, you may need to enter the service menu to change it (be careful not to change any other setting in there).

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Note that SCV point only has DVB-C signals. DVB-T2 signals would need either an antenna, or via MATV point. The often misquoted rollout map is for indoor coverage. The whole of Singapore can already get digital signal since Dec last year.

CrazyBlue

Reaction score
The problem with a lot of Samsung sets is that the DVB-C tuner is region locked, i.e. if the region of the TV is set to Singapore, the DVB-C tuner is disabled. This has been previously mentioned in this thread before, specifically here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88236824-post2878.html

You may either need to change the region in the settings to some country other than Singapore, or if your TV doesn't have any option for that, you may need to enter the service menu to change it (be careful not to change any other setting in there).

Thanks Qubicfactor. Will try the going to the service menu. Anyone knows if any remote will do? This TV only came with the smart touch remote and not the regular remote with buttons. Tried 6 ways to enter the service menu with it to no avail. So I either go buy a samsung remote control or a universal one?

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That Blu-ray is emitting something that affects your t2 receiver?

from the looks of it yeah but i dunno what its emiting lol... anyway the 2 channels i cant watch are vasantham and suria which i dont watch but hope this doesnt happen to the rest of the channels when my area goes digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.