Disappointing Service from Singapore Samsung Customer Care: We don’t know the root cause, but we know we are not responsible for it.

mep123

Reaction score
How long ago did u bought this monitor why don't go back to the shop that sold you this? They can raise a purchase return to Samsung

ey3pod

Reaction score
@eltonhjohn1, where did you buy the monitor (official store, 3rd party online or local store)? Are you able to bring the monitor back to the seller and ask for an exchange or refund?

At the Samsung Service Center in Plaza Singapura, the staff are nice and helpful. The volume button on my Note 20 Ultra got stuck and they replaced it for free, said it was manager discretion. I didn't ask for a discount and replacement part + service was $60-70.

I suggest you make an appointment, go there and calmly explain your story. Bring the monitor + stand with you and demo it. Ask them nicely and if the staff does not agree with your claim, check if a manager is available to give a second opinion. If the manager does not agree, then you should probably just ask if they can sell you a replacement stand at discount. One of my co-workers dropped her Samsung phone and cracked the glass, she complained and refused to pay listed price to replace the screen, so they gave her a discount.

ey3pod

Reaction score
How long ago did u bought this monitor why don't go back to the shop that sold you this? They can raise a purchase return to Samsung
100% agree on this. If brand new, have problem, the immediate thing I would do is bring it back and ask for exchange or refund. Why go warranty claim?

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I gave up Samsung long time ago. Bought a TV, spoilt two days later. Somemore new model and CS said no stock to replace, got to wait for new shipment ....
Me too, but just giving up though.

I had to exchange the new TV due to hot pixel upon setting up. It still had hot pixel for the replacement unit, but I was not at home to check when it was delivered. I thought I would just live with it.

2 months later, the TV could not power on. Repair team came with motherboard, changed and no go, ended up they confirmed panel issue. Waited another week for panel to arrive, and it was ok after replacing.

Another 4 months later, 2 vertical lines appeared on the right side of the screen. I thought I would just live with it again, due to rising cases of Covid-19 then which I wanted to reduce other contacts for my parents. However, another 6 months later, the TV could not power on again. Within 1 year, there were so many issues.

Due to the pandemic, there is shortage for the panel, and I had been waiting for over a month and still no ETA. No stock for a loaner TV from Samsung either when I asked...

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I gave up Samsung long time ago. Bought a TV, spoilt two days later. Somemore new model and CS said no stock to replace, got to wait for new shipment ....

Me too, but just giving up though.

I had to exchange the new TV due to hot pixel upon setting up. It still had hot pixel for the replacement unit, but I was not at home to check when it was delivered. I thought I would just live with it.

2 months later, the TV could not power on. Repair team came with motherboard, changed and no go, ended up they confirmed panel issue. Waited another week for panel to arrive, and it was ok after replacing.

Another 4 months later, 2 vertical lines appeared on the right side of the screen. I thought I would just live with it again, due to rising cases of Covid-19 then which I wanted to reduce other contacts for my parents. However, another 6 months later, the TV could not power on again. Within 1 year, there were so many issues.

Due to the pandemic, there is shortage for the panel, and I had been waiting for over a month and still no ETA. No stock for a loaner TV from Samsung either when I asked...

Stay away from Samsuck teebee (buying new one) as much as possible , their QC damn jialat huan .. LG still notch bad, cos ever since they shutdown their mobile fone division they "focus" more on its other appliances division ..

if money notch an issue, go get those Japan "brands" .. cos in Asia, at least, they can considered "leader" in teebees and image/sensors/optics etc R&D albeit the production ish "Made in China" ..

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung customer care really need to improve or have the vendor changed. Really bad. Hardly able to answer any question on phone

ALacs

Reaction score
after my years of display purchase ups and downs, the 2 brands i always stick to are Dell , and Sony. the rest, especially, Samsung, i try to avoid.....

MoyoCase

Banned
Reaction score
samsung product better avoid,,,, warranty only a year... i bought philips tv warranty 3 years.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your Question

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to formally lodge a complaint about a fault in a monitor stand.

Reference number of the case is 2317625013. My last call with your service centre was with XXXX (6.28pm SG time).

I was told that the monitor stand is not covered by the warranty. I strongly disagree with this position.

1) The monitor stand is an integral part of the product. One cannot fully utilise the monitor without the stand.
2) I paid full price for the product which includes stand.
3) I expect all items in the box, i.e. monitor, cables, stand, to be of good working condition without any major defects.
4) The condition of the stand is such that I am not able to use the monitor in a way it was intended to be used.
5) If the stand is not working, it is in the course of natural justice that I the manufacturer should provide a replacement.
6) I reserve my rights as a consumer under the Singapore Sales of Goods Act to take further recourse on this matter.

Please note that I am escalating this matter and I expect a satisfactory resolution befitting a global brand like Samsung.

Thank you and have a good day.

Regards,
XXXX

Counselor answer

Dear XXXX,

Reference Number: 1171304379

Thank you for your email dated 7th October 2021.

We understand that you are inquiring about warranty coverage for the stand(Samsung Monitor, LC27T550FDEXXS).

Firstly, we truly understand your concern in this matter. Kindly take note that we are unable to confirm the root cause of the issue as we do not have physical access to your monitor. However,, based on the terms and conditions of our Samsung Singapore warranty under Limitations and Exclusions, if your case falls under cosmetic, physical or liquid damage and will not be covered under Samsung Singapore warranty. The repair will be chargeable. For more information about Samsung Singapore warranty policies, please visit the following link. https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/warranty/

Rest assured, we have escalated this inquiry with the relevant department and will give you a call back or email reply for further assistance. We seek your kind understanding and patience on the enquiry concern.

For further inquiry, please call our Samsung Care Line 1800-726-7864 regarding this service. Our experts at Samsung Care Line will advise and assist you in detail.

Do not reply to dear_customer@contactus.samsung.com as this is a system-generated email.

For further clarification, you may reply to this email via the "please click here" or “ask again” option located at the bottom portion of this page. Alternatively, you may contact us directly at 1800- 7267864 from Monday to Sunday (Including Public Holidays - Open 24 hours).

Thank you and have a pleasant day ahead.

Yours sincerely,

XXXX
Samsung Customer Care
Could you explain item #4 in more details. Also, have you actually test with actual demo unit before your purchase.

Samsung product is generally ok to me. By agreed their customer care/call center is really bad.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
samsung product better avoid,,,, warranty only a year... i bought philips tv warranty 3 years.
Not sure which Samsung product you are referring? Samsung TV is 3 years warranty. Dont think Philips offer 3 years warranty for all their product anyway.

By the way, you may want to know Philips do not manufacture TV anymore. The brand is sold to a Chinese company (I believe is base in Hong Kong).

limpingsim98

Reaction score
If just 2 days, you should go to the shop you purchase from. Major store usually give 1 to 1 within the first 7 days.
This is why never buy these items thru some of those small player unless the price different is great.

limpingsim98

Reaction score
Stay away from Samsuck teebee (buying new one) as much as possible , their QC damn jialat huan .. LG still notch bad, cos ever since they shutdown their mobile fone division they "focus" more on its other appliances division ..

if money notch an issue, go get those Japan "brands" .. cos in Asia, at least, they can considered "leader" in teebees and image/sensors/optics etc R&D albeit the production ish "Made in China" ..
Which Japanese brand you consider as leader?
Was told Panasonic also sunsetting their TV decision. Sharp is now Foxconn, Sony use panel from 2 or more sources (mainly Samsung and LG).
Basically, yes Japanese brand and brand only.

limpingsim98

Reaction score
Jus pay for the replacement stand la.
Kns small thing make so much fuss as if sky falling down
May be is the design is not what he want and not defective. He probably bought it without knowing it or the salesman told him it can be done (or buy via online).

xiangzeng

Reaction score
Got 24 inches LED samsung monitor some where in 2014, used for 2 years, dumped it for philips and then dumped philips and switched to Acer 32 inches curved screen that gives distortion image when taking photos from it, from Jan 2019 until now Jan 2022, still running good connected with amd graphic card. Next change to OLED 42 inches LG C2 if price is affordable.

Never buy another product from Samsunk again, its washing machine leaked water after 3 years of use. My LG top cover washer from 2015 has been running as good as day one. Its phone only allowed for 1 update of OS many years back.

So friend, look for other brands out there in the market, Samsunk is never the brand to choose for your equipment at home or mobile.

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I have submitted pictures to them, had many conversations with them on the phone, and they agreed that the stand does not look right. What is annoying is that without trying to understand what the root cause is, they are already saying clearly that this is not under the warranty and I have to pay for repairs. Honestly, after this experience, I am giving up on Samsung already.
That's not what your copy/paste of the email communication says. They are saying they cannot determine the root cause without physical access to the hardware. And *if* your case falls under cosmetic, physical or liquid damage then any repairs will be chargeable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.