Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought simpang is SAF training area?
Apparently not anymore. They are start building the roads in the area already.

Ave 8 at the Yishun side already completed liao, now left that Simpang stretch to connect it to Sembawang.

The Park Connector along the canal going for facelift soon, possible to facilitate the new roads.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already one year old. Baby is growing fast.

But still no school la. Only one plot is confirmed for school, but don’t know is pri or sec school. Gahmen haven’t reveal the plan for the empty plots.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just discovered this Slumberra thread hahaha! :s13:

In July 2014 I correctly predicted the exact location of Canberra MRT Station. :s13:

4j8dhf.jpg

During that time Eastlink I BTO not released yet. Side by side with neighbourhood centre named Canberra Plaza. Eastlink I will have a connecting overhead bridge to Canberra MRT Station at the opposite side of the road.

Canberra%20Artist%20Impression.jpg

Slumberra is indeed quite inconvenient to stay for now as not much amenities. Canberra MRT Station only ready in 2019.

Smart property punt is all about first mover advantage. You will have to pay a premium by the time amenities are rolled out and ready.
Welcome back.
Think 2rm 47sqm should costs at least $250k after mop.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But still no school la. Only one plot is confirmed for school, but don’t know is pri or sec school. Gahmen haven’t reveal the plan for the empty plots.
Understood it's primary school.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Understood it's primary school.

That’s the thing man. Until now, Gahmen haven’t reveal the plans.

Maybe they taking wait and see approach. Wait people move in then do survey.

Reaction score
New town cannot stay one. You suffer for 3-5 years or more for the place to develop. 5 years later just when the place seems bearable you suddenly see lotsa people coming in to squeeze with you. Your place becomes the least desirable place because new blocks are sprouting up everyday.

Abit like the pioneer batch in punggol.

:o

Just like Seng Kang , Punggol , Boon Keng , etc

I noticed these new town , very fast infested with Foreigner Indian . The rate still going.

I feel these foreigner Indian also " smart " choose those new town simply because cheaper than getting one at city area or near city areas.

Unfortunately, don't feel dismiss. Quite a lot Singaporeans also choose those places, simply because cheaper , next some are formerly own a flat at city areas or near city areas and sold off for profits move to there.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
New town u get to stay in the area near mrt, next time when its built up no more near mrt liao. Just take a look at Punggol and Seng Kang. Whole place so freaking huge its just full of residential blocks - even EC and Condos are plenty, yet only 2 mrt stations and the very lousy lrt systems.

ya lor, dunno whats so nice about that 2 places

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Oh, come 2019 all the best to NSL stations after Yishun... nowadays go work I go Sembawang take train already so packed. Next time got Canberra with all the new residents, don’t know how Yishun Siaolangs and AMK peepur gonna board. Last time I stay YCK already have to wait 2-3 trains during rush hour.

alight at yishun and wait for empty train lor :(:(

jerichoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New town u get to stay in the area near mrt, next time when its built up no more near mrt liao. Just take a look at Punggol and Seng Kang. Whole place so freaking huge its just full of residential blocks - even EC and Condos are plenty, yet only 2 mrt stations and the very lousy lrt systems.

Quote for truth.

Song bo

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a new estate, of course most people still not moved in as more HDBs coming up.

alfenneo

Reaction score
Suffering now. Moi live at East crown.no food to eat....

2 yrs later will have MRT

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use yew tee, marsiling, admiralty, sembawang, de hdb to compare bah.

The mrt stn doesnt really stands out since is built on existing line. Price it along the red line existing hdb lor. For pungol is at least a new purple line.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.