Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

hachi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying low ses Town... In the event I am jobless, I can sleep until auto wake up for years and don't need wife to pay a single cent. Location so important?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Staying low ses Town... In the event I am jobless, I can sleep until auto wake up for years and don't need wife to pay a single cent. Location so important?

Depend on your requirements, if you work in CBD area then surely living nearer to workplace is better. My CPF OA alone already can finish paying for the remaining mortgage so no pressure for me.

Anyway I think those mature estates are low SES, filled with poor elderly that got to work as cleaners to make ends meet. I don't know why people living in mature estates think they are high SES. My estate got Ferrari, Maserati in the car park. Don't know how come can buy BTO and own luxury cars.

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your town is self-contained then ok la. Some opposition ward only recently get NTUC and atm. Canberra no such problem. Thank you pap!!

yummie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depend on your requirements, if you work in CBD area then surely living nearer to workplace is better. My CPF OA alone already can finish paying for the remaining mortgage so no pressure for me.

Anyway I think those mature estates are low SES, filled with poor elderly that got to work as cleaners to make ends meet. I don't know why people living in mature estates think they are high SES. My estate got Ferrari, Maserati in the car park. Don't know how come can buy BTO and own luxury cars.
is becos buy bto tats why got spare cash buy expensive cars lo

yummie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your town is self-contained then ok la. Some opposition ward only recently get NTUC and atm. Canberra no such problem. Thank you pap!!
moving to canberra n voting oppies now

Airplane88

Reaction score
Heng there is Canberra Plaza to hang out without venturing out too far. Otherwise can be very boring.

Bukit Canberra construction is progressing well.
Bukit Canberra is near Sembawang MRT station. Don't know when will it open?

hachi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Some estates.. Like Yord Hill, Beo crescent and etc.. Many chances and sizes... Pick one that suits you... To me still hdb at the end of the day..

nats7798

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra got 2 sides
The side with brownstone and Yishun sapphire is higher ses

the side with the Canberra plaza and bto r Low ses

uniquestore

Reaction score
Imagine , you always ask the same questions over and over again :
25 yrs ago : should I buy the house near ulu Alexandra area ..all forest lands …
15 yrs ago : should I buy the house near Punggol .. so ulu ..
5 yrs ago : should I buy BTO in Canberra , no MRT nearby ..it’s dirt cheap 1xxk only
Gov let you think it’s ulu under developed area initially , get all the lower income or young couples to populate there first ..announce some big projects or new MRT lines later, .than the rich starts to noticed … so Canberra might become the next Tampines , Punggol, Jurong east … who knows 😎

Last edited:

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly average price for 4-room is around $280k, 5-room is $350k nia

tank_t

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe dr koh just pass by and wave to the blocks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.