Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only I can stay there now instead of slumbawang. I will just tahan lack of mrt till it builds. As Long I can stay near mrt can liao :(

Currently stay 15 mins away from mrt:(:(

An mrt line that is prone to fail... :(:(

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can don’t reveal? Cos moi scare tio expose I always read Edmw while waiting for 883 de... :(:(

Yeah I love it now cos not much people esp at night, so peaceful and quiet. I blast my surround sound watch saving private Ryan at night also no need scare cos no neighbours yet. Go eat or shop also no need wait.

But ED construction damn dusty la, my house exterior freaking dirty due to rain and dust. And HDB quality now damn jialat, I move in 3 months only got so many hairline crack on my wall and ceiling. I think next year first year anniversary will ask contractor to come in patch and paint everything one shot. Sian.

That's the bad thing about having construction site nearby. I am also affected by the dust from east delta.

Now people say is a ghost town, 2 years later will be very different. MRT will be up by then making public transport very convenient. Road connecting to yishun ave 8 will also be up in 2 years time so drivers can bypass the yishun town to get to expressway. The town just need more eateries.

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, come 2019 all the best to NSL stations after Yishun... nowadays go work I go Sembawang take train already so packed. Next time got Canberra with all the new residents, don’t know how Yishun Siaolangs and AMK peepur gonna board. Last time I stay YCK already have to wait 2-3 trains during rush hour.

The long term plan is for TEL to provide alternative travel options parallel to the NSL....

Vulpix

Reaction score
That's the bad thing about having construction site nearby. I am also affected by the dust from east delta.

Now people say is a ghost town, 2 years later will be very different. MRT will be up by then making public transport very convenient. Road connecting to yishun ave 8 will also be up in 2 years time so drivers can bypass the yishun town to get to expressway. The town just need more eateries.

Is East Delta the final project in the Canberra area?

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the future is ??? maybe the dev might be on hold due to financial reasons or whatever no one knows. But those who bought it currently sure jialat cos staying in ghost town.

But moi only take one bus, moi where got know anything. Wait the residents lip lai complain....

That surrounding area look like Johor though. Lots of forest and not very developed

Very narrow vision. Few years back punggol exactly same as what you mentioned about canberra. Now? Lol.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is East Delta the final project in the Canberra area?

No. The empty plots parallel to the mrt lines are earmarked for HDB. You can see it in the URA master plan and news reports. They already start building the road for that area, in fact finishing liao...

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The forested area, called Simpang, is where the new Ave 8 is being built. It is going to run parallel to Ave 2 and we all know how congested that road is.

Once the road construction is completed, you can jolly well bet more HDB gonna pop up. In fact, Simpang township has been on the cards since 1980s, and its about the size of Punggol.

icekachang72

Reaction score
The forested area, called Simpang, is where the new Ave 8 is being built. It is going to run parallel to Ave 2 and we all know how congested that road is.

Once the road construction is completed, you can jolly well bet more HDB gonna pop up. In fact, Simpang township has been on the cards since 1980s, and its about the size of Punggol.

Another Slumggol in making ... Slumberra as someone mentioned it ...

MRT station along this cluster can rename to Slumbawang, Slumberra and Yislum ...

wisely2000

Reaction score
Talk about peace and tranquillity...how about bidadari area? Thinking of getting a 5rm 3 gen unit

seewsimisee

Reaction score

eastwave here~~~~

ya quality of flat really poorly built.too many hairline crack.see also sian.

u mean the park area near the big longkang(i bet next time they will call it waterway lol) there will be cleared for HDB??:eek:

freaking big area leh

kbwarrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What ghost town ? You wait .
We are still short of at least a million plus of people and we are getting ready for them !

LLNxkYCl.jpg

questsohai

Banned
Reaction score
People saying ghost town and i quote punggol as ghost town few years back. You were thinking?

Just saying those who bought ghost township flats never dwell into much after thoughts before their purchase.
Good luck to those who are buying into Canberra.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.