Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Just saying those who bought ghost township flats never dwell into much after thoughts before their purchase.
Good luck to those who are buying into Canberra.

Better than staying in the West I guess. Eventually all shipyards, containers port, airbase moving to West side.

Sembcorp Marine at Sembawang is relocating to Tuas. Paya Lebar airbase is moving to Tengah Lim Chu Kang extension, container port in South moving to Tuas too.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Dun be the losers who kpkb here and regret never buy Canberra flats.

Just look at the EDMW losers who fail to invest in Slumggol properties. Now every Slumggol owners happy like ****! :s13:

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better than staying in the West I guess. Eventually all shipyards, containers port, airbase moving to West side.

Sembcorp Marine at Sembawang is relocating to Tuas. Paya Lebar airbase is moving to Tengah Lim Chu Kang extension, container port in South moving to Tuas too.

Tuas got BTO? if no, unlikely to affect the people staying there.

But if sembawang area renew the coastal areas, might be a good place to enjoy the beach.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Dun be the losers who kpkb here and regret never buy Canberra flats.

Just look at the EDMW losers who fail to invest in Slumggol properties. Now every Slumggol owners happy like ****! :s13:

Eh, I know a few Slumgol owners and they are usually quite unhappy with their location. Specially those a bit further away from the MRT station.

PlayDough

Banned
Reaction score
Sembawang sucks. So far from everywhere. If I have to stay there I rather jump down from the block of flats and renew my life.

kannis_ng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What ghost town ? You wait .
We are still short of at least a million plus of people and we are getting ready for them !

LLNxkYCl.jpg

Mrt is fumbling

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saying those who bought ghost township flats never dwell into much after thoughts before their purchase.
Good luck to those who are buying into Canberra.
What's wrong with Canberra?
The 3 room flats all taken up.

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eastwave here~~~~

ya quality of flat really poorly built.too many hairline crack.see also sian.

u mean the park area near the big longkang(i bet next time they will call it waterway lol) there will be cleared for HDB??:eek:

freaking big area leh
Are you my neighbour? :o

Your house also got hairline crack? You move in how long already?

Yes there is high chance that place will be cleared for residential area. As a matter of fact, past consideration for the construction of the new mrt station (Prev thought to be Simpang instead of Canberra) was down to whether Simpang township was going to be built. When it was a no go, no mrt station was built.

Now that Canberra estate and mrt station is up, you can be sure Simpang is next on the cards liao. Gahmen where got so nice build new station just for a few HDB blocks...

Zappalapa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only been there once and I kinda like one of the low-rise condo design there. cant rmb the condo name. looks like a ship.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Eh, I know a few Slumgol owners and they are usually quite unhappy with their location. Specially those a bit further away from the MRT station.

Further away from mrt probably inconvenient. Everywhere is the same. Mall is always centrally located near mrt.

RadEoNic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you my neighbour? :o

Your house also got hairline crack? You move in how long already?

Yes there is high chance that place will be cleared for residential area. As a matter of fact, past consideration for the construction of the new mrt station (Prev thought to be Simpang instead of Canberra) was down to whether Simpang township was going to be built. When it was a no go, no mrt station was built.

Now that Canberra estate and mrt station is up, you can be sure Simpang is next on the cards liao. Gahmen where got so nice build new station just for a few HDB blocks...

Wah I thought the hairline cracks were bo bian due to reno next door
So it's a widespread thing?
I told TC to get the **** down to see liao
Even the on/off switches are slanted by min 1 degree

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah I thought the hairline cracks were bo bian due to reno next door
So it's a widespread thing?
I told TC to get the **** down to see liao
Even the on/off switches are slanted by min 1 degree
Your Canberra also? You house got hairline crack too?

I initially thought due to Reno also. But then when I inspect the crack, some were painted over, which means it was already there from the start.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.