Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

TheSilentBang

Master Member
Reaction score
When will the canberra mrt complete? Every time I ride pass the station and it looks like still a very long way to complete it.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Slumberra

It's not bad overall but location wise should be the worst among Canberra. It's not that near Blk 105 which got more shops, it's not near the mrt station, it's not near the canals or main roads.

EastGlen @ Canberra is surrounded by 3 schools (future) and 1 Executive Condo (future).

Btw the 105 malay stall sell nice curry puff... that ah tiong shop sell nice noodles also ... the thai/chinese zi char sell nice wok kind of rice/noodle dish. Rumor beside the 105 kopi shop will have a restuarant (HK rest)

Food and drinks sold at Blk 105 coffeshop is expensive.

Surprising for non-matured estates, Canberra is more popular than Sengkang.

https://flic.kr/p/PabPkP

Yes seems like Slumberra the black horse has gained some attention. :s13:

In 20 years time Slumberra properties will worth quite a tidy sum.

When will the canberra mrt complete? Every time I ride pass the station and it looks like still a very long way to complete it.

In 2019. No exact date.

Last edited:

huihong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra is a fugging ghost town, i rather sleep in my office.

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see Macpherson looks worse... even though got MRT interchange there of 2 lines but lifeless... one of the double storey hawker there is empty... nearby only many minimart... nothing else.
Need to go Paya Lebar for malls.

Hopefully, will develop more there.

Why does macpherson need a shopping mall?

The residents can just walk to pipit road, cross the overhead bridge over the PIE, and they will be at the large neighbourhood center at Aljunied/Geylang East.

I didn't even know the neighbourhood center exists until I accidentally stumbled upon it. The PIE expressway cut Geylang East from MacPherson.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Why does macpherson need a shopping mall?

The residents can just walk to pipit road, cross the overhead bridge over the PIE, and they will be at the large neighbourhood center at Aljunied/Geylang East.

I didn't even know the neighbourhood center exists until I accidentally stumbled upon it. The PIE expressway cut Geylang East from MacPherson.

Sounds pretty far. :(

zidmosby

Reaction score
It's not bad overall but location wise should be the worst among Canberra. It's not that near Blk 105 which got more shops, it's not near the mrt station, it's not near the canals or main roads.

I don't think there's anymore good location within Canberra. Those near to MRT are taken up (unless you wait SBF and they may or may not have leftover units) and the units behind are really just inaccessible la. Didn't like it at all when I went to site visit. Some more they are building more things which will just add to the noise and dust.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
woah long way to go man. I used to cycle there during midnight to explore. Quite eerie and shiok

I think it's going to be less shiok by end of next year when the road connecting yishun ave 8 to Canberra open, it's going to be getting noisy.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of the blocks are within a 10min walk to mrt station, not really inaccessible right. Most of the new BTO at yishun is more than 20mins walk to mrt. I don't know which BTO is nearer to mrt and cost so low. Maybe those BTO around tampines west mrt but its not the "main" mrt line so it's not as convenient.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Canberra's Glow Was a Step By Step Process

Although I am not a fan of many zenghu policies but city planning by URA is really no horse run. If you travel overseas extensively you will understand what I am talking about because Singaporeans take everything for granted back at home. The most slum area in Singapore can be considered as good standard in many countries! :D

I don't think there's anymore good location within Canberra. Those near to MRT are taken up (unless you wait SBF and they may or may not have leftover units) and the units behind are really just inaccessible la. Didn't like it at all when I went to site visit. Some more they are building more things which will just add to the noise and dust.

EastCrown
EastLace
EastWave
Easlink I
Eastlink II

Yes correct the better HDB plots nearer to Canberra MRT Station all released already. Only the private property plots on MRT side is still empty. Currently forested area. Those will most likely be sold at a premium in future Government Land Sales (GLS).

https://www.btohq.com/bto-project-spec/eastlace-@-canberra

In terms of pricing, excluding grants, 2-room from $70K, 3-room from $141K and 4-room from $236K.

For example the price for EastLace (pre Canberra MRT Station opening announcement) was so much cheaper than those BTOs released after Canberra MRT Station opening announcement on 27/06/2014 by LTA.

Most of the blocks are within a 10min walk to mrt station, not really inaccessible right. Most of the new BTO at yishun is more than 20mins walk to mrt. I don't know which BTO is nearer to mrt and cost so low. Maybe those BTO around tampines west mrt but its not the "main" mrt line so it's not as convenient.

Yes Canberra estate is the black horse that suddenly charged to the front in the past 2 years for non matured estate choice due to value price point and the proximity to the matured NS MRT Line. Pre 2015 it was shunned by many as they did not research in depth and have foresight. :vijayadmin:

10 years from now Canberra estate will definitely have a vibrant feel.

Canberra_April_2018.jpg

Hopefully the Simpang forested area in the northeast of Canberra estate will be left untouched as you can hear exotic birds chirping. A rare occurence in well build up estates.

Last edited:

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Although I am not a fan of many zenghu policies but city planning by URA is really no horse run. If you travel overseas extensively you will understand what I am talking about because Singaporeans take everything for granted back at home. The most slum area in Singapore can be considered as good standard in many countries! :D

EastCrown
EastLace
EastWave
Easlink I
Eastlink II

Yes correct the better HDB plots nearer to Canberra MRT Station all released already. Only the private property plots on MRT side is still empty. Currently forested area. Those will most likely be sold at a premium in future Government Land Sales (GLS).

For example the price for EastLace (pre Canberra MRT Station opening announcement) was so much cheaper than those BTOs released after Canberra MRT Station opening announcement on 27/06/2014 by LTA.

Yes Canberra estate is the black horse that suddenly charged to the front in the past 2 years for non matured estate choice due to value price point and the proximity to the matured NS MRT Line. Pre 2015 it was shunned by many as they did not research in depth and have foresight. :vijayadmin:

Canberra_April_2018.jpg

Hopefully the Simpang forested area in the northeast of Canberra estate will be left untouched as you can hear exotic birds chirping. A rare occurence in well build up estates.

Old picture, the roof of the mrt station already up together with the overhead bridge linking mrt station to eastlink.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

EastCrown
EastLace
EastWave
Easlink I
Eastlink II

Canberra_April_2018.jpg

If u missed one bus 883 going yishun mrt, u can always cross over to that going to Sembawang MRT. Then get to where ever u are going.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.