Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ish still consider an new estate

Yes correct even the new primary and secondary school is still not built yet. You can see it in the URA Master Plan.

Has not reach its full potential yet but once it does then the price has also risen by a lot.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind retiring in a small town with convenient living arrangements. Canberra has the potential to be such a town
I went to the Canberra Plaza last year.
It is surprising lacking as compared to the usual malls.
I dunno what is the amenities around the area.
If this plaza is the only place that you can get your meal and stuff , then it is really not so convenient unless you can cook yourself.

Mr.Canberra

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to the Canberra Plaza last year.
It is surprising lacking as compared to the usual malls.
I dunno what is the amenities around the area.
If this plaza is the only place that you can get your meal and stuff , then it is really not so convenient unless you can cook yourself.

Blk 105 has the most neighbourhood shops, restaurants, coffeeshop and Sheng Siong supermarket (big outlet) in Canberra estate not too near from Canberra MRT station but walkable.

Blk 115 and 120 have some shops and a coffeshop each.

I would say the nearest decent mall would be Sembawang Shopping Centre but quite a distance if by walking.

Last edited:

LessonsIndissent

Master Member
Reaction score
After watching this beedio, I went to google map see how long to go down from Canberra...

JHMVNvq.jpg

No wonder some say Canberra is ghost town.

For those turtle soup lovers, there's actually one turtle soup restaurant just next to sembawang white beehoon.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.