Discussion on Canberra estate, in northern Singapore

Airplane88

Reaction score
last time I was there the area was just a forest, ulu ulu even the MRT was not built.
Moi used to jog at the jogging track beside the canal all the way to Sembawang beach. Just a couple of years, it turned from bushes land to housing estate. The progress is indeed very fast, moi would say.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well as someone been going there at least once a month.

I can say if u bbfa or if u no life dun go town area this place is okay, since gt north point but

Is damn ulu, driving from there to any part not north need 20 mins, and if town need 30-40 mins driving.

If public transport at least an hour and a half to orchard

Your brain is damaged, I confirm. Take mrt less than 30mins to orchard.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sure my brain is damage, the best case scenario lor. If u stay beside MRT maybe 30 mins.

the gd thing is if u driving also about the same time as u take public transport, like tat gt more reason not to buy a car

IceX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it’s a better estate than people think it is bah. But personally I’ve never been there.

however, those who justify for shopping can go to the shopping centres near Yishun or woodlands..what the hell is there in those shopping centres lol..rundown third class shopping malls.

5thkazekage

Reaction score
Canberra and Sembawamg cannot la, all residential not much mall (and if you think canberra mall is a mall hahahaha) . sun plaza cui amd sembawang ahopping centre also cui. if you want to stay in north then either yishun or woodlands

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
Such a bird no lay egg place, literally far from everywhere in sinkie.

last time people say Woodlands far from everywhere only good thing is go JB near. Canberra can’t even say that

give me free I also dw

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well as someone been going there at least once a month.

I can say if u bbfa or if u no life dun go town area this place is okay, since gt north point but

Is damn ulu, driving from there to any part not north need 20 mins, and if town need 30-40 mins driving.

If public transport at least an hour and a half to orchard
An hr and half?? Are u joking? Fake news.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All other amenities like Polyclinic, hawker centers, swimming pool will be built at bukit canberra near sembawang mrt liao in the next few years. If want shopping can go yishun. At canberra itself, there's sembawang park, quaint eating places near the park itself and a small shopping Centre at canberra mrt.

So what's there not to like. All the amenities is just 1 mrt stop away max. Not to mention the peace and quiet. . It's actually the best of both modern and nature living without paying through your nose😊😊😊
Agreed. Resort feel.

pantss

Reaction score
To be fair you need to consider how long you need to travel from anywhere in canberra/semb to the mrt station and then add the time. Semb only has some feeder bus thing, nothing’s walkable, no?

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is like the other thread liao.

I wish all canberra residential huat and enjoy the curry pok.

Huat ah

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.