Dishonest used car dealer tempered my car mileage...

Whispers

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sold the car to a used car dealer. Original mileage more then 220K km but recently saw them selling the same car mileage only 82K km. Not illegal to tamper odometer?

be careful. if the new owner discover the tampered odometer, the car reseller will play dumb and say someone else did the tampering...and that someone could be you...

kawarides

Reaction score
Sold the car to a used car dealer. Original mileage more then 220K km but recently saw them selling the same car mileage only 82K km. Not illegal to tamper odometer?
Illegal.. if its a PI car then they're safe unless your car is agent and you always go back for svc and got your record then they're in deep **** with your sales agreement stating the mileage when sold

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that time i go with fren to buy 2nd hand car (5 year old).. very low milieage also about 50k.. then the salesman spin story say it is a company car used to ferry overseas customers hence low mileage.. but when i look at the driver seat .. can see the seat leather look old and creases so jialat as if it has been more than 50k mileage.. better look for tell tale sign before u buy..

pikaboo

Reaction score
Very common, sold my car to a used car dealer 150k mileage. Next week saw them list at 70k mileage. They say my car got accident bad condition can only export out so can't give me a good price, the next week they list it on sgcarmart and put accident free good condition low mileage....

MegatonNev

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very common, sold my car to a used car dealer 150k mileage. Next week saw them list at 70k mileage. They say my car got accident bad condition can only export out so can't give me a good price, the next week they list it on sgcarmart and put accident free good condition low mileage....
technically, it's been accident free at their place...

:s13::s13::crazy:

zensushi

Reaction score

Plenty of such horror stories. Check out the Cars & Cars subforum.

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah then who buy your car suay. Mine is more then 220K km but car condition very good no accident.

tankgunner

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
So I wun get into trouble right? Think I better make a police report to safe guard myself.
Don't think so cos you already transferred the ownership to the dealer liao unless yours is on consignment.

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think so cos you already transferred the ownership to the dealer liao unless yours is on consignment.
Already sold and transfer ownership. Anyway they paid quite a reasonable price for my car. But just worried if new owner dispute with them and they turn it around on me. But I do have the watsapps record of me and the dealer stating the physical condition and mileage of the car before heading down for viewing.

Omnia1

Master Member
Reaction score
So I wun get into trouble right? Think I better make a police report to safe guard myself.
Yes, I think you should for the sake of everyone. If the sale listing allows for comments, you should also post a comment on the actual mileage and condition of the car. Make life difficult for these scum bags.

Sent from EDMWER app!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.