Dishonest used car dealer tempered my car mileage...

Libbis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You buy fm 2nd hand dealer these are std: cannot check car parf value, mileage as you see, accident free or dun know.

Send for sta inspection, yr cost. Pre agree if result is B above, u must 'eat' the car.

Buy, dun buy you decide.

rpgfreak

Reaction score
Already sold and transfer ownership. Anyway they paid quite a reasonable price for my car. But just worried if new owner dispute with them and they turn it around on me. But I do have the watsapps record of me and the dealer stating the physical condition and mileage of the car before heading down for viewing.
Best is to make police report first as long got record when things happen you already play your part.

Acetone

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sold the car to a used car dealer. Original mileage more then 220K km but recently saw them selling the same car mileage only 82K km. Not illegal to tamper odometer?
It’s illegal, but common practice amongst them.

louisoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is outright cheating. The police never caught him? So easy to get away with the money?
Spf didn't do anything.. Called bk io.. Io nt ard say will call bk.. Till nw 9 mths no news..

Good to be scammer in sg

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Done with the statement with the IO. He says that the case will be handover to CAD for investigation. It's a cheating case they take it seriously.
wah steady sia, not sure will anything comes out of it.

shallow

Reaction score
See all those replied to “warned” TS about the repercussion for reporting police sounds like they are a 2nd hand car dealer :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.