Dishonest used car dealer tempered my car mileage...

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
I think best is buy an OPC then convert. Like my friend OPC car only 17K 4 years car. Cos he only use it to fetch parents to see doctor and occasion road trips to Malaysia. Normal days he use his motorbike as transport.

OPC.... may be worse.... Cars seldom drive means seldom maintain also.

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Aiyoh why everything social media again?

And like as though the image of mileage can be viewed by all drivers.

Just keep the photo to yourself as evidence. This enough.

Haha, maybe TS wants to be some SJW?

walterwu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nowadays I see people on FB car clubs looking for the previous owners of the car they just bought.
not that difficult to connect with the previous owner if he was also part of the community, and better still if he has the evidence that he handed over the car to dealer with that mileage. can sue dealer until pants drop

Never accuse the dealer of tampering unless you have evidence that he did the tampering or sub-contracted the tampering out to someone else.

At best, highlight to dealer and ask him to investigate coz he know who exactly he got to "spur" up the car and get him to revert.

danguard

Honorary Member
Reaction score
nowadays I see people on FB car clubs looking for the previous owners of the car they just bought.
not that difficult to connect with the previous owner if he was also part of the community, and better still if he has the evidence that he handed over the car to dealer with that mileage. can sue dealer until pants drop

true this

danguard

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Never accuse the dealer of tampering unless you have evidence that he did the tampering or sub-contracted the tampering out to someone else.

At best, highlight to dealer and ask him to investigate coz he know who exactly he got to "spur" up the car and get him to revert.

if he is the seller, there is no benefit to him to pursue this also though

prob more for the Buyer if he links up with the Seller etc

YouHeypiCanLiao

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiyoh why everything social media again?

And like as though the image of mileage can be viewed by all drivers.

Just keep the photo to yourself as evidence. This enough.
Maybe need a Webbie to compile all screenshots before sale

Libbis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never buyy fm 2nd hand dealer, no money rather dun buy. Most is suffer loss scrape the car later

keenklee

Master Member
Reaction score
IMHO.
I wonder what do they record the mileage when send for vehicle inspection. 🤣

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol... dun tell me now car buyers still so naive...

ALL cars sold by 2nd hand dealer. the assumption is ALL the odometer are tampered.
unless the car dealer can show record of all the servicing receipts.

tank_t

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then leave a comment at the sales page lor

fallen1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You know the price of everything... Know the value of none... Hahhaha like I mentioned, car can really increase the quality of life if you can afford it.
How come FTs dont want to increase their quality of life here then? :)
Anyways, its good that you buy a car here

fake_oranges

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time I also a naive sinkie.

Was looking at used Fit/Jazz
And actually rank the listings by mileage. Those high mileage one will ignore.

Now think back, really jin stupiak.

Sent from EDMWER app!

I rather take a higher mileage car that is serviced and maintained properly VS lower mileage owner who scrimps and don't service when it should

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Low mileage even more expensive than new car. When I viewed one opc car many years ago... Its depre was higher than new car... I asked why? The owner said low mileage... I replied, low mileage doesn't mean zero mileage
Because new car will depreciate faster in the first few years unless you drive the car for 10 years. Used car higher depreciation but if you drive say 1 or 2 years sell away the depreciation is less than a new car which is sold after 2 years of driving.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.