Dishonest used car dealer tempered my car mileage...

Mistranslated

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already sold and transfer ownership. Anyway they paid quite a reasonable price for my car. But just worried if new owner dispute with them and they turn it around on me. But I do have the watsapps record of me and the dealer stating the physical condition and mileage of the car before heading down for viewing.
Too bad it might be difficult for you to find out who is the new owner. If you do, u could tell them the meter was tampered to baotoh the dealer

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Not everyone drives car like play bumper cars like u
Safety driving conscious ppl are plenty

Ok, show me a b&b car that is spotless... No scratches, no dents (not even on bumpers), absolutely nothing. Pretty much same as day 1 when you collect the car. Original windscreen...

Yes, I know if such cars oversea where the person buy for collection. But not in SG.

Mistranslated

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, show me a b&b car that is spotless... No scratches, no dents (not even on bumpers), absolutely nothing. Pretty much same as day 1 when you collect the car. Original windscreen...

Your original post is saying and I quote:

"been through some form of accident. It's only minor or major"

And not talking about no scratches or referring to show car day 1 quality car.

If you wanna look for dentless car, u can ask around I'm sure there r plenty of car owners who haven't have a single accident since they owned the car

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Your original post is saying and I quote:

"been through some form of accident. It's only minor or major"

And not talking about no scratches or referring to show car day 1 quality car.

If you wanna look for dentless car, u can ask around I'm sure there r plenty of car owners who haven't have a single accident since they owned the car

Whats the definition of accident? Are rims hitting kerb considered a minor accident? Are bumper scratches considered minor accident? A small stone hit your windscreen causing small crack, is it a minor accident? If they are not considered accidents, then what do you call them? Do they result in some form of damage (cosmetic damage is still a form of damage).

Definition of accident:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/accident
something bad that happens that is not expected or intended and that often damages something or injures someone:

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got incl photo of the actual mileage on your odometer in the whatsapp conversation? Or just words only?

No pic, they might say you lied on the mileage.
Screenshot-20220624-062537-Whats-App.jpg

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dunno why they like to use teachers. Teachers no life? Go school teach then back home? What if the teacher stay pasir ris teach at jurong? Mileage also high leh. Lol

hammerhammer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think best is buy an OPC then convert. Like my friend OPC car only 17K 4 years car. Cos he only use it to fetch parents to see doctor and occasion road trips to Malaysia. Normal days he use his motorbike as transport.

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think best is buy an OPC then convert. Like my friend OPC car only 17K 4 years car. Cos he only use it to fetch parents to see doctor and occasion road trips to Malaysia. Normal days he use his motorbike as transport.
Low mileage even more expensive than new car. When I viewed one opc car many years ago... Its depre was higher than new car... I asked why? The owner said low mileage... I replied, low mileage doesn't mean zero mileage

hachi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats why sinkie buy car is kumgong one

1. coe so high
2. Expire in 10 yrs. scrap car still have to pay money
3. Sell / buy used car tio jiak by dealers
You know the price of everything... Know the value of none... Hahhaha like I mentioned, car can really increase the quality of life if you can afford it.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
next time sell car to used dealer, put on social media your mileage big big, say bye bye say good memories blah blah blah and ask everyone to like and share.

you will be ridiculed, but at least the car dealer definitely can't tamper with the mileage.
Aiyoh why everything social media again?

And like as though the image of mileage can be viewed by all drivers.

Just keep the photo to yourself as evidence. This enough.

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too bad it might be difficult for you to find out who is the new owner. If you do, u could tell them the meter was tampered to baotoh the dealer

nowadays I see people on FB car clubs looking for the previous owners of the car they just bought.
not that difficult to connect with the previous owner if he was also part of the community, and better still if he has the evidence that he handed over the car to dealer with that mileage. can sue dealer until pants drop

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.