Do Cables MAtter and other related chat

Clearnfc

Banned
Reaction score
Not for the experts here. Please stay away and comments not welcome. Start your own thread.

Now, for those who are interested in an explanation on how cables affect your sound and how cable companies try different methods to over come the problems. Even teach you how to make your own cable for cheap.

https://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/intere.html

It was one of my favourite websites back then. The website looks horrible, but it was the normal back in 1996. Basic HTML website. Lots of stuff inside. Learn alot from there.

Other tweaks you can try.
https://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/tweaks.html

Tells you about Jitter! Digital doesn't mean its good....
https://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/diginterf2_e.html

Why power is so important! All power source produces noise. Even batteries!
https://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/regulators_noise4_e.html

Amon86

Reaction score
anyways i am exiting this forum for good i also started from a low level system a price point of $500 a logitech z5500.......to now a system of 80k+ my a pair of speaker already cost 12.6k a pair then pairing a speaker cable of 1.8k ppl start hammering makes no difference like they have the same setup as me......and bashing measurement bring me measurements.....i use my system for music one if it sound difference through my ears i will tell you myself why i must lie to favour you......so i must go throw away my thousand dollars cables use a belden speaker that costs $20 cause of what the so-called expert here says?

like wwenze says "Can we also have a section that protects us poor people who don't spend $10,000 setups and are unqualified to comment because our systems are not resolving enough or something like that?"

so this forum are telling ppl they only wanna play speakers like edifier, swan those in their comfort pricepoint only and won't advance any further any in the future because they are poor 10k is too high SES....in truth you brought a good speaker 5k + a good amp 5k to drive it's already reaching 10k.......they just want a single voice....so i am giving to them let them go high listen to their frequency sweep....you won;t see me in this forum after today.....thanks all

Last edited:

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
anyways i am exiting this forum for good i also started from a low level system a price point of $500 a logitech z5500.......to now a system of 80k+ my a pair of speaker already cost 12.6k a pair then pairing a speaker cable of 1.8k ppl start hammering makes no difference like they have the same setup as me......and bashing measurement bring me measurements.....i use my system for music one if it sound difference through my ears i will tell you myself why i must lie to favour you......so i must go throw away my thousand dollars cables use a belden speaker that costs $20 cause of what the so-called expert here says?

like wwenze says "Can we also have a section that protects us poor people who don't spend $10,000 setups and are unqualified to comment because our systems are not resolving enough or something like that?"

so this forum are telling ppl they only wanna play speakers like edifier, swan those in their comfort pricepoint only and won't advance any further any in the future because they are poor 10k is too high SES....in truth you brought a good speaker 5k + a good amp 5k to drive it's already reaching 10k.......they just want a single voice....so i am giving to them let them go high listen to their frequency sweep....you won;t see me in this forum after today.....thanks all

Take care and stay safe. And learn to not take things or criticisms too seriously or personally ok?
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-call-for-humor.9679/

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Sigh u dont need others to character assasinate u. U do it so well on your own man.

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The forum thrives with different views.
Amon mentioned he is able to take stuff back to test on his system and if the gain is insignificant, he wouldn’t buy.
I think that is one great tip & saves us lots of 冤枉錢。
As a technical person, I always stand by data. But sometimes data cannot be fully correlate to the real world.
The spikey frequency waveform looks really similar, unless it’s really drastically off the charts.
It’s this minor spikes that probably make a difference to our ears(some ears are trained to differentiate cos they are trained).

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
The forum thrives with different views.
Amon mentioned he is able to take stuff back to test on his system and if the gain is insignificant, he wouldn’t buy.
I think that is one great tip & saves us lots of 冤枉錢。
As a technical person, I always stand by data. But sometimes data cannot be fully correlate to the real world.
The spikey frequency waveform looks really similar, unless it’s really drastically off the charts.
It’s this minor spikes that probably make a difference to our ears(some ears are trained to differentiate cos they are trained).

Amon could easily be our very own famous ASR. That would have been so great. ASR also makes money through that method. So it's not like he's testing things for free.

Considering that the entire world lacks people who has the opportunity to test audio accessories besides speakers and amplifiers, Amon could have easily fitted in and become very well known around the world as someone we look to for advice on cables, power conditioners and even stands and see how they impact our audio experience.

He already has the advantage. The advantage to bring all kinds of audio equipment and accessories home.
He can even provide a Consulting Service to shops to test their cables so the shops know which brands are the best to sell and therefore, over time, everyone, and not just those people who knows their stuff will get to reap the benefits of High Fidelity (HiFi) audio with a reasonable balance of price to performance. And if we have more money to spare and want to get the best of the best without taking money into equation, we too can make an informed decision when purchasing the most expensive audio components.

Everyone reaps the benefits of selling and buying parts that they understand what they are buying into. Amon was that close to being the guy that we look to. But I mean, we must respect his choices. It's his life. He's just an enthusiast like any of us too. You are free to speak your will. But others are also free to rebut. It happens. I am already taking your recommendation into account on getting a Tower speaker for the KEF R series. Cos your speaker towers looks so sleek. No wonder many people love those FOCAL speakers. All the best buddy. And thanks in a way cos seeing your posts on power conditioners and all did help me want to achieve a higher end audio experience over time. As people recommended, step by step of cos. I already started with the AVR (which never in my mind, I would have spent more than $4K on considering I used to think a <$2K AVR was more than enough but here we are) and now I have upgraded my cables as well except for my surrounds. Cos my current surround cables are running behind the wall already. Have no idea how to replace them. Haha! But I was looking forward to upgrading the speakers next. So have been reading around the forums and Amon's post do come up that peaks my interest from time to time. So again, thanks cos you played a part to help motivate me as well.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Good perspective LiLAsN!

Public forum means opposing views and discussions / debates.

Closed forum / Private facebook groups can have better control of singular ideas and rejection of opposing views. Good real life examples include churches / mosques / temples.

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amon could easily be our very own famous ASR. That would have been so great. ASR also makes money through that method. So it's not like he's testing things for free..
Actually I’m not sure he does that. If PAP, will sue until pants drop. :D
If the reviews are unbiased, if he take a token of appreciation from the dealer also ok.
When young, I once had a friend who took me to buy 2ndhand car and told me that’s ok.
Lucky i use my common sense and looked out for paint ambiguity and saw difference in paint reflections. Later my that ** friend still Kay siao tell me lucky i never buy.
This type is siam far away.

Back to cables topic.
Last time i go buy FHD flat screen at Millenia Walk. Sales asked me dun look at spec.
To me all FHD TV looks same and I automatically choose the one with good specs.
He taught me how to differentiate the Image of various FHD TV.
Then i notice the difference.

Thus for cables. I feel got difference. Probably going to upgrade my cable talk 3.1 to Belden for front spk since it’s short and see.
I suppose if i can use Audyssey after I replace the cables and see if there’s any difference in the spikes & peaks.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah LiLasN u got commended by lxXXxl. U must feel so honoured.

Haha.... thought you in advertising and/or deal with a lot of academics and/or knows a lot about psychology, yet you still don't really understand what it means to be objective siah.... :s22:

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
Objective about what exactly?

The validity of a person's views and opinions is independent of whether I like / hate that person. If the opinions are valid, accept, if not, provide counter examples.

You on the other hand, choose to throw sarcasm at me because you think I oppose for the sake of putting people down and ignores the points I make.

Last edited:

Amon86

Reaction score
One final tip is never be afraid to try things in Adelphi no one will have a pocket full load of money go there means must buy something.....if a salesman didn't even know your system well go in have a listen they already tries to sell you $2000-3000 cables tell you your $200-300 speaker and system will sound high end that's crap....cables/power conditioner/tweaks are only for your last resort after you had a great system.....a salesman will only try to sell you cables if they know your system with those cable will make a difference....cause they would want long term sales....i been in sales line before i don't try to sell high expensive stuff just that it give me more commission instead i telling them what you need what you don't need....i had more return customers because i am honest.....now i do business is the same concept ppl will get to trust me....i be friend of many shops so i get their trust as well so get to borrow some things back for testing i am also a consumer i also have doubt of whether it makes a difference or not..... not that i receive an amount after i recommend someone to go there get slaughter empty his atm.......which someone here claims i also know the now dynaudio sold to a china company now the sound signature is not as the same as the old dynaudio even ohms also change from 4ohms to 8ohms maybe that's why petetherock didn't upgrade his current one this kinda of thing i also learn from shops there i go there with a open mind....if you wanna sell me something of course you must impress me.....i just tired of argument i respect your decision using your scientific method i didn't doubt you by the way....

Last edited:

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
One final tip is never be afraid to try things in Adelphi no one will have a pocket full load of money go there means must buy something.....if a salesman didn't even know your system well go in have a listen they already tries to sell you $2000-3000 cables tell you your $200-300 speaker and system will sound high end that's crap....cables/power conditioner/tweaks are only for your last resort after you had a great system.....a salesman will only try to sell you cables if they know your system with those cable will make a difference....cause they would want long term sales....i been in sales line before i don't try to sell high expensive stuff just that it give me more commission instead i telling them what you need what you don't need....i had more return customers because i am honest.....now i do business is the same concept ppl will get to trust me....i be friend of many shops so i get their trust as well so get to borrow some things back for testing i am also a consumer i also have doubt of whether it makes a difference or not..... not that i receive an amount after i recommend someone to go there get slaughter empty his atm.......which someone here claims i also know the now dynaudio sold to a china company now the sound signature is not as the same as the old dynaudio even ohms also change from 4ohms to 8ohms maybe that's why petetherock didn't upgrade his current one this kinda of thing i also learn from shops there i go there with a open mind....if you wanna sell me something of course you must impress me.....i just tired of argument i respect your decision using your scientific method i didn't doubt you by the way....

Like I said, I don't doubt what you hear because I do not have your ears, no way to prove. But I also cannot trust what you say applies to me. With neutral data, at least there's a reference point.

But my opinions should not affect you in any way. Take care!

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Valid to who? You? Maybe I dunno your job or designation. But even if u were some authority on any subject, it is just hurtful and unacceptably intolerant to tell an individual who believes something else that he is wrong and repeatedly do so. I am, in truth, more likely to agree with wwenze's or even your scientific views than Amon's. But what I do not agree with is your intolerance of other people's beliefs. A public place needs more tolerance. Same for the whole country. We need a place where people of all walks, or the public, are safe from disrespect and abuse. I said before liao. Science is great. Things have changed. Yes. But are things conclusive yet? No. It is still advancing. Until the science becomes public knowledge like 1+1=2 is, we need to allow people to share their views freely without getting attacked. They started the thread. So just leave it alone if u dont agree with it. My suggestion for a science section or thread would solve this problem. No one unqualified would dare to comment in that thread. Isn't that your objective, to educate? So please start your science thread and leave the nice uncles alone.

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
Err I haven't changed my speakers simply because I haven't found something better.. for now
And I need to conserve funds :)

Anyway, guys, I want to nip this in the bud. Stick to hifi. My last warning.

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
A public place needs more tolerance. Same for the whole country. We need a place where people of all walks it the publicdo not get disrespected and abused

Let's see...I do agree with this and also practice this, I think.

But the other comments....Come come, let's break down what you're saying of me....

... it is just hurtful and unacceptably intolerant to tell an individual who believes something else that he is wrong and repeatedly do so.

... But what I do not agree with is your intolerance of other people's beliefs.

I asked Amon86 whether he willing to do measurements. In his roundabout way the answer was no. But he also mentioned a lot of other things, so I replied to those. All the time I mentioned that he is free to express his opinions.

So which part was hurtful and unacceptably intolerant again? That he has his opinions and it's fine, but I disagree? In a public forum? And I provided proper counter examples which no one addressed?

@petetherock sorry just saw your post. If my reply is inappropriate then delete

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
This is not a university lah bro. Let the nice uncles share the way they have been sharing for decades lah. Seriously man why is that so hard to understand?

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
This is not a university lah bro. Let the nice uncles share the way they have been sharing for decades lah. Seriously man why is that so hard to understand?

You're free to express your opinions too, no one's stopping you.

@petetherock ok no more posts from me in this thread. :s13:

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Let me compensate for being off topic.
Hifi hifi hifi hifi hifi hifi...
Heheh. Just kidding.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.