Do express student need to go sec 5 if they fail their sec 4 badly

bicycleming

Reaction score
Express student fail their school sec 4 badly will continue to take o level, or go sec 5?

bicycleming

Reaction score
If continue and fail o level badly will go to sec 5 and retake o level ? Is there any result that is so bad that ite will not accept?

pantss

Reaction score
Technically no diff right? Retain as sec4 or move up to sec5 both another year, waiting for o levels

yoongf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sec 4 and sec 5 take different subject combinations. Furthermore, need discuss with the sch see got vacancy to retain.
But hw to define fail when there are so many options going forward.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But hw to define fail when there are so many options going forward.

Yea but majority of the options lead to failure.

Like how I chose engineering and after 8 years my salary, while same as engineering median, is the same as an IT fresh grad.

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Express student fail their school sec 4 badly will continue to take o level, or go sec 5?
Secondary 4 already take o level
If fail, means need to retake o level

retake o levels can be as school student candidate or private candidate

retake as school candidates means return you your secondary and get placed in express class suitable for repeat students

no point joining secondary 5 students

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Retake olevel as private candidate for next year. Meanwhile go for private tution for all exam subjects.

coey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like what other mentioned, u either repeat as sec 4 student or totally take o levels as private.

iygnaug

Suspended
Reaction score
Register for ITE first, then retake as private for candidate. If results okay, can apply for polytechnic and secure a place.

xx50xx

Reaction score
You can retake a whole year as a o level student. I believe your schools should still allow that

theclosetmugger

Reaction score
Hello,

I’ll be posting free math and science resources on @theclosetmugger on telegram and replying to any questions regarding math/sci. Would be great if you ask your son/daughter to join!

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
Last time I retook '0' level as private student for selected subjects when my result is not ideal, after which use it to combine with the previous year result and apply for polytechnic, not sure is there any change nowadays.

BrOwnTeddy

Banned
Reaction score
If continue and fail o level badly will go to sec 5 and retake o level ? Is there any result that is so bad that ite will not accept?
Yes there is.

F9 or U grade for every single subject u take.

but as stupidity goes, there's got to be a limit.

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Retake O levels don’t waste time, work part time job and study.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.