[DO NOT OFFER REFERRALS] Tiger Broker Singapore

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Deposit cash into tiger from my DBS account using normal fund transfer at 8am yesterday. Till now haven’t receive the funds in my tiger account. Does it take so long?
did u inform tiger by attaching screenshot?

bornerwave

Master Member
Reaction score
is it me or was there an update for london or australia stock exchange on the desktop app?

Aneosx

Reaction score
Deposit cash into tiger from my DBS account using normal fund transfer at 8am yesterday. Till now haven’t receive the funds in my tiger account. Does it take so long?
are you having the same problem as I? i deposit SGD and when i tried to convert to USD it keep on having an error msg. The cash balance cannot convert into available cash.

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, usually I will receive the funds in my tiger within the same day. Don’t know why it is taking longer than usual
I just deposited. Almost instant lol. Was quite shock at the speed.

carrote

Reaction score
Weren’t you the one promoting the Ace trader hack before the whole compliance saga began? Unless you work in compliance or SGX, don’t speak until so certain.
If you can believe that 10 small trades are enough to trigger compliance, hats off to you.

With the confusing language Tiger is using in their promotions, I don't think it's unfair for new users to make 10 small trades so that they can withdraw their initial deposit. Logically, they should allow them to withdraw their initial deposit in full, but instead they block a portion equal to the value of the free share from the initial deposit. If the stock or its proceeds remain in the account, I don't see why the initial deposit should not be withdrawable.

Ace trader is a separate matter, I merely shared what others had been talking about on Telegram chat groups. I got the warning email too, and nothing happened after that. Mind you, I made 200 trades, not 10.

Whether it is legal or acceptable is still contentious, I've heard of many repeating the hack with other ETFs and yet they did not get flagged. The whole saga was due to Tiger being unwilling to fulfill their promises and thus having to use the threat of "compliance" to scare people from doing so.

torrent06

Reaction score
If you can believe that 10 small trades are enough to trigger compliance, hats off to you.

With the confusing language Tiger is using in their promotions, I don't think it's unfair for new users to make 10 small trades so that they can withdraw their initial deposit. Logically, they should allow them to withdraw their initial deposit in full, but instead they block a portion equal to the value of the free share from the initial deposit. If the stock or its proceeds remain in the account, I don't see why the initial deposit should not be withdrawable.

Ace trader is a separate matter, I merely shared what others had been talking about on Telegram chat groups. I got the warning email too, and nothing happened after that. Mind you, I made 200 trades, not 10.

Whether it is legal or acceptable is still contentious, I've heard of many repeating the hack with other ETFs and yet they did not get flagged. The whole saga was due to Tiger being unwilling to fulfill their promises and thus having to use the threat of "compliance" to scare people from doing so.
We don’t actually know what happened (was there a query from SGX?). Just because nothing happened after you got the first warning doesn’t mean nothing will happen next time or for others. If we’re not sure, we should not write as if we are absolutely certain of it since others can take action based on what we write.

Calpha K

Reaction score
Planning to open a tiger account, can anyone shed some light on the following?

How long does it take to transfer funds from DBS to Tiger?

How long does it take to change SGD to USD to be able to buy US stocks?

singqian

Reaction score

Bro, certified as Ace Trader in May 2021?

Dteg

Reaction score
UP Fintech Holding Limited (“UP Fintech” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: TIGR), a leading online brokerage firm focusing on global investors, today announced that the Company's stock will be added to the MSCI China All Shares Index, effective as of market close on May 27, 2021.

Mr. Wu Tianhua, CEO of UP Fintech commented, “To be added to the MSCI China All Shares Index is a recognition of the growth the company has achieved. Our mission is to use technology to make investing more efficient and give our clients the ability to allocate their assets across multiple markets. As we expand our international footprint, we look forward to serving more global clients with ourintuitive, one-stop trading platform.”

According to MSCI, “The MSCI China All Shares Index captures large and mid-cap representation across China A‐shares, B‐shares, H‐shares, Red‐chips, P‐chips and foreign listings (e.g. ADRs). The index aims to reflect the opportunity set of China share classes listed in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen and outside of China.”

Founded in 2014, the Company enables its clients to trade equities in The U.S., U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore, and Australia as well as futures, options, and funds. The Company opened its one millionth account in October 2020 and continues to attract new clients across multiple international markets.

[from the tiger app own news section]
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cereal

Reaction score
Anyone use DDA for deposit? Is it safe? Tiger app requires user to login using DBS ib userID and pw to set up linkage.

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what happens if you bought call options and they expire in the money? Will tiger auto exercise them? :unsure:

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah yesterday 11pm fund transfer still not in yet...

King.Koopa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Found some info on tiger site regarding the question on option :

(6) How to manage the options with inactive exercise or within exit price?

Automatic exercise will occur for stock options due within current month and at a price of USD0.01 or above, but close position will occur as per market price if the investor’s margin does not confirm to the exercise conditions. If it is impossible to close out at market price due to insufficient liquidity or other causes, Tiger retains the rights of the invalid options, which process will result in the loss of entire value of such options.

Any idea what is the exercise conditions which Tiger is refering too here :unsure:

otahman

Reaction score
It was 15000, now at 12000 coins it is still not a good deal. Hint - try using the 30 USD voucher on SGD denominated stocks and see how much you get ;)
can use usd voucher to offset SGD stock meh? i tot need to buy USD stock den can use USD voucher? can explain?

torrent06

Reaction score
can use usd voucher to offset SGD stock meh? i tot need to buy USD stock den can use USD voucher? can explain?
Can but they use a fixed exchange rate for the voucher which is something like 1 USD = 1.41 SGD. You can find it in the voucher TnCs.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Do i need to do anything to utilise the stock voucher? Or it is auto?

dappermen

Reaction score
Join the tiger fb grp for more info

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.