[DO NOT OFFER REFERRALS] Tiger Broker Singapore

singqian

Reaction score
TY! Found it

So weird but the portfolio cost price actually show the executed price + commisions
The "Trade" page show your PnL ma.. so must calculate/inclusive whatever charges hence showed as "Average Cost", you go see any portfolio using traditional broker (DBS/ SCB/ iOCBC) also show as "average cost" for each share in your portfolio ma...

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The "Trade" page show your PnL ma.. so must calculate/inclusive whatever charges hence showed as "Average Cost", you go see any portfolio using traditional broker (DBS/ SCB/ iOCBC) also show as "average cost" for each share in your portfolio ma...
Yes but it was waived mah? No meh?

Say I buy @ price of 70, but now it shows cost price at 71.99.

But in truth, we know the cost is 70. But based on the system they use, they 'automatically added charges', and for this commission card, they 'refunded' or 'credit back' the $1.99 to my cash balance but did not reflect it in the portfolio holdings.

I mean I just think that the methodology they used to calculate is abit not right

singqian

Reaction score
Yes but it was waived mah? No meh?

Say I buy @ price of 70, but now it shows cost price at 71.99.

But in truth, we know the cost is 70. But based on the system they use, they 'automatically added charges', and for this commission card, they 'refunded' or 'credit back' the $1.99 to my cash balance but did not reflect it in the portfolio holdings.

I mean I just think that the methodology they used to calculate is abit not right
the commissiom free trade is rebated to your free cashflow, so it is in your wallet, hence your stock reflected as average cost (trade price + charged commission fee)...

example today you go buy things using ur creditcard, then ur credit card cashback you xx amount, but creditcard still charge u (debit) as the transactions value right? then end of the month u got an cashback for ur future use... I don't know whether u get it ma...

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the commissiom free trade is rebated to your free cashflow, so it is in your wallet, hence your stock reflected as average cost (trade price + charged commission fee)...

example today you go buy things using ur creditcard, then ur credit card cashback you xx amount, but creditcard still charge u (debit) as the transactions value right? then end of the month u got an cashback for ur future use... I don't know whether u get it ma...
Yeah I know what you mean, but in this instance it is not the same as c.c, right? Dunno how to explain to you also... haha but i get what you mean! its ok!

Anyway, just wanna check - if I want to trade in say HKD shares, but I do not want to buy HKD currency yet, but only buys the currency if my limit order is filled. Is this doable?
But this means I will need to enable margin trading right? But is there any additional costs incurred?

Last edited:

singqian

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, but in this instance it is not the same as c.c, right? Dunno how to explain to you also... haha but i get what you mean! its ok!

Anyway, just wanna check - if I want to trade in say HKD shares, but I do not want to buy HKD currency yet, but only buys the currency if my limit order is filled. Is this doable?
But this means I will need to enable margin trading right? But is there any additional costs incurred?
if you buy HK share without HKD available in ur wallet, meaning you will incur loan with the platform... you can view the detail after you key in the amount of share

the button "place buy order" right hand side got a buttom with two straight line there, click it then "order detail preview", you can get some info there

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check_rebated.png
I have gotten the message that the rebate has been completed.
May I know if there is any view that will reflect that this rebate has been granted into my cash account, akin to a normal bank statement that you will see credits and debits?

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have gotten the message that the rebate has been completed.
May I know if there is any view that will reflect that this rebate has been granted into my cash account, akin to a normal bank statement that you will see credits and debits?
Click Tiger Account

IKicsNf.jpg

Then click statement, and select the period.

The rebate should be reflected under allowances.

EdenHazard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did tiger change the number of points required to redeem usd30 voucher? Cos i tot it was 4500 pts. Wanted to redeem today and saw its now 5000 wth

dngth

Reaction score
Hi, can I sell SGX stocks that are currently held in CDP thru Tiger? What is the commission?

Dteg

Reaction score
Tiger is custodian account trading only. So you can't trade stocks that are currently in CDP. Though on their website, they have a form to fill for transfer of stocks. You can try. I don't know if anyone ever tried transferring stocks into Tiger from CDP.

Commission for trading on SGX is "0.08% * Trade Value" excluding the mandatory fees charged by SGX.

torrent06

Reaction score
Tiger is custodian account trading only. So you can't trade stocks that are currently in CDP. Though on their website, they have a form to fill for transfer of stocks. You can try. I don't know if anyone ever tried transferring stocks into Tiger from CDP.

Commission for trading on SGX is "0.08% * Trade Value" excluding the mandatory fees charged by SGX.
It is not possible to transfer SG stocks to Tiger.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for my voucher, it's say buy direction.

if I sell a put say +90, and subsequently buy at -120, will I be able to utilize the 30 voucher?

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Dont!
Dont!
Never

never do something just for the free gift!

they constantly still hve offers ah!
But no businessmen are stooopid! Dont ever dream u can outbid them! No1 hands out free gift for free and alwys remind yourself- is there free lunch??

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont!
Dont!
Never

never do something just for the free gift!

they constantly still hve offers ah!
But no businessmen are stooopid! Dont ever dream u can outbid them! No1 hands out free gift for free and alwys remind yourself- is there free lunch??
I just collected my stock vouchers and cashed out. I had my free lunch already.

Pueh Kee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My gf referred me and i placed 12k in, i keyed her referral code during registration but she didn't seem to get any stock voucher or referral rewards, am i missing something out?

Additional info:
when she referred me, she did not fund her account yet and had also just signed up but already received her registration rewards

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.