Do u guys prefer installment or lump sum payment?

CSNation

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
1 shot duh. If anything below 5k and you need installments something is wrong with your financials already.

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
in EDMW, we buy car in cash.

buy 1k iPad need to ask.......

Supermarket_astronaut

Reaction score
Of course is use installment la (if it is interest-free). The extra money you can use it to invest to gain more extra money. Then slowly pay back the installment.

iCubes

Master Member
Reaction score
Its myopic to assume that going for instalments is a question of affordability. Instalment payment is essentially a free loan with no interest. If you are savvy with financials and investing, you can earn more with the cash on hand than paying in full.

Illusionist_85

Honorary Member
Reaction score
1 lump sum is the best cuz u can save on the interest incurred like housing loans

Airplane88

Reaction score
I only buy things I need. If interest free hire purchase, I will go for it.

kevinlaikf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Decades ago, as a newly wed, and lowly paid junior executive, I used to buy my AV product for my new home, and learnt the hard way, paying about $12k for collective cost $8k over 2 years. I would let my brothers or sisters earn the $4k (probably less) if they could borrow me the same loan amount.

For example, $1k on a 48mth installment, u end up paying more than $2k, excluding any late payment penalty if any. Before 48mth, the item u purchase already technologically obsolete, may probably become unusable.

Its better save up and by the time you got the cash, you will be paying same for a better upgraded futuristic product. I would rather take a short term comfortable loan from family member or friends with return interest.

My 2c worth.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
if there is no interest on the installment vs lump payment, I will choose instalment. It's literally give you an interest free loan.
free up cash for more urgent use

zheng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
low interest and 0 interest debt are good debt to pay back as slowly as possible

Ahsyak

Reaction score
Only go for 0% interest installment, other than that no

sharminzzzzzz

Reaction score
consider rate of interest? if for credit card deals, have to keep tracking and make sure u pay monthly. but of cos if i have money i prefer lump sum. usually when in need of cash and dp installment, overtime i tend 'forget' about the additional money i have to pay the vendor or the bank. untill i look back at the bills.................

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.