Do u guys prefer installment or lump sum payment?

CSNation

Banned
Reaction score
1 shot duh. If anything below 5k and you need installments something is wrong with your financials already.

Supermarket_astronaut

Reaction score
Of course is use installment la (if it is interest-free). The extra money you can use it to invest to gain more extra money. Then slowly pay back the installment.

kevinlaikf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Decades ago, as a newly wed, and lowly paid junior executive, I used to buy my AV product for my new home, and learnt the hard way, paying about $12k for collective cost $8k over 2 years. I would let my brothers or sisters earn the $4k (probably less) if they could borrow me the same loan amount.

For example, $1k on a 48mth installment, u end up paying more than $2k, excluding any late payment penalty if any. Before 48mth, the item u purchase already technologically obsolete, may probably become unusable.

Its better save up and by the time you got the cash, you will be paying same for a better upgraded futuristic product. I would rather take a short term comfortable loan from family member or friends with return interest.

My 2c worth.

zheng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
low interest and 0 interest debt are good debt to pay back as slowly as possible

sharminzzzzzz

Reaction score
consider rate of interest? if for credit card deals, have to keep tracking and make sure u pay monthly. but of cos if i have money i prefer lump sum. usually when in need of cash and dp installment, overtime i tend 'forget' about the additional money i have to pay the vendor or the bank. untill i look back at the bills.................

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.