Does anyone actually buy portable air pump for car?

Libbis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not ex no harm buying la. Most ppl dun feel the need cos they dun really care to pump air.

Offer u 2 more reasons to buy? Normal 2 weeks pump once, good roi. Go petrol kiosk, long queue u can wait until song song. Worst is those in front are taking their own sweet time. Pump alr, change pressure, pump again.

Got 1 auntie at pump, ask me pump for her wor, she say dun know how to use. I no give her benefit, tell her take the hose, set 225 pressure, tell her how to pump. I no touch anything.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not ex no harm buying la. Most ppl dun feel the need cos they dun really care to pump air.

Offer u 2 more reasons to buy? Normal 2 weeks pump once, good roi. Go petrol kiosk, long queue u can wait until song song. Worst is those in front are taking their own sweet time. Pump alr, change pressure, pump again.

Got 1 auntie at pump, ask me pump for her wor, she say dun know how to use. I no give her benefit, tell her take the hose, set 225 pressure, tell her how to pump. I no touch anything.

Hmmm the pumps near my house, so far only 1 queue Infront. Most of the time, none.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rather you buy a jump starter better. Battery very flat without notice.

I have jump started with battery. A good Anker one.
But I leave it at home.
I don't like the idea of the power bank part of it left in a hot car.

Powerbanks can explode.

explorerX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My first car is a 2nd hand 7yr old Toyota Corolla... i drove for 3yrs... never service once... never oil change... never check tyre... never change battery... lasted me all the way to 10yrs...

i guess i am lucky... i think older cars can take more beating and negligence...

Moi ex colleague also like u, his1st engine oil change was after 5 yrs collecting his keys nissan presea. šŸ˜³

sunsetbay

Reaction score
But it has a battery. Heat in car may cause it to possibly explode. Happened to others be4. Have to keep it insulated from heat if keep in car imo.

I kept it at the booth after used, pretty much shield from the heat compare to placing it at the glove compartment~ battery explode probably due to low QC & knock off brand products~ :s22:

standarture

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I kept it at the booth after used, pretty much shield from the heat compare to placing it at the glove compartment~ battery explode probably due to low QC & knock off brand products~ :s22:

You never know. If it didn't QC by SG authorities, got high chance of explosion or fire.

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure. Last time galaxy S8 note also explode. Booth, I assume u mean boot.

So many ebikes cause fire already.
I rather avoid leaving lithium battery in car.

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Not sure. Last time galaxy S8 note also explode. Booth, I assume u mean boot.

So many ebikes cause fire already.
I rather avoid leaving lithium battery in car.

Galaxy note 7 saga was battery manufacturer defects which Samsung announced on its findings~ the explosion was not due to external factor~ ya, I mean boot, if store properly with the box, it's not exactly warm inside~

I think it's inevitable not to have lithium battery items, like car DVR, cellink battery pack etc~ I also have the jump starter power bank inside my boot~ :s22:

occifer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Galaxy note 7 saga was battery manufacturer defects which Samsung announced on its findings~ the explosion was not due to external factor~ ya, I mean boot, if store properly with the box, it's not exactly warm inside~

I think it's inevitable not to have lithium battery items, like car DVR, cellink battery pack etc~ I also have the jump starter power bank inside my boot~ :s22:

Yeah inevitable but I still won't leave in car.
Already read enough bad news about exploding batts in phones, bikes, etc . Dunno when it will catch fire :s22:

Last edited:

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
this one v good..... pump up v fast.
some cheapo ones either pump v slow, or pump already motor overheat and spoil fast

TB2tYWCfVXXXXb5XpXXXXXXXXXX_!!392339867.jpg

the_dog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whatever model air pump you buy, make sure it has a screw on connection to the tyre valve. Those with clip on connectors are hopeless and spoil fast

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whatever model air pump you buy, make sure it has a screw on connection to the tyre valve. Those with clip on connectors are hopeless and spoil fast
IMHO.
Mine is the screw on and I want to convert it to clip on.
I actually bought the clip but don't where it is now.
For car tyres, everytime unscrew will lose a bit of pressure.

I agree that some clips will spoil very fast.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.