'Don't be sour grapes if you can't afford': Matchmaker responds to criticisms of post on Vietnamese woman preferring suitors who earn $5,000

jonesftw

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speaking to AsiaOne on Friday (Dec 28), the founder of the matchmaking agency clarified that he was responsible for setting the requirements on potential suitors for his young Vietnamese client.

This is to ensure that she will be financially secure after marriage.

"I want to make sure guys will not harbour any thoughts that they can easily marry a young girl," Eric Koh, 64, who is in the matchmaking business for five years, said.

"Anyone earning $4,800 will have a take home pay of about $3,800. That's just the bare minimum to support a family as a sole breadwinner. Don't be sour grapes if you can't afford a Vietnamese wife."

Koh takes the "income requirement" seriously - going as far as to check the payslips and bank account statements of men who express their interest on his female clients.

But would he give his blessings if his client gets along with a man who is earning less than $4,800 a month?

"He won't have the chance to get to know her in the first place," he quipped. "I'm the gatekeeper."

"My intention is to help Vietnamese ladies find good husbands. There are too many of them that are married to Singaporeans and end up in divorce. I want to nip this in the bud."

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/d...atchmaker-responds-criticisms-post-vietnamese

IceX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed leh. These foreign brides most likely cannot work and you have to support them, your parents, maybe their family side as well and if you plan to have kids.

no money still wanna think about marriage ? Asking for 4.8k is not like asking for 10k.

Joseph12

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Speaking to AsiaOne on Friday (Dec 28), the founder of the matchmaking agency clarified that he was responsible for setting the requirements on potential suitors for his young Vietnamese client.

"I want to make sure guys will not harbour any thoughts that they can easily marry a young girl," Eric Koh, 64, who is in the matchmaking business for five years, said.

"Anyone earning $4,800 will have a take home pay of about $3,800. That's just the bare minimum to support a family as a sole breadwinner. Don't be sour grapes if you can't afford a Vietnamese wife."

Koh takes the "income requirement" seriously - going as far as to check the payslips and bank account statements of men who express their interest on his female clients.

But would he give his blessings if his client gets along with a man who is earning less than $4,800 a month?

"He won't have the chance to get to know her in the first place," he quipped. "I'm the gatekeeper."

"My intention is to help Vietnamese ladies find good husbands. There are too many of them that are married to Singaporeans and end up in divorce. I want to nip this in the bud."

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/d...atchmaker-responds-criticisms-post-vietnamese
It's stupid of the match maker to talk in such an arrogant haughty manner

Anyway 4800 Isn't unattainable for a 36-year-old man but 4800 won't ensure the girl's happiness

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

He got 验货?

Also to all BBFAs: Wah kao don't be sour grapes leh.

jericho75

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed leh. These foreign brides most likely cannot work and you have to support them, your parents, maybe their family side as well and if you plan to have kids.

no money still wanna think about marriage ? Asking for 4.8k is not like asking for 10k.

if bbfa open agency will ask for 20k.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.