Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore (World Dream)

whywhy80

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was able to do online check-in. But same issue with Dream Elite.
I called and checked with them
apparently, they entered extra fullstops or dots or whatever on their end thats why i couldnt check in.
They amended then can liao...

Winterdews

Reaction score
Anybody bought any insurance that can cover any covid related claim?

If you have your own personal life insurance then you need to check with your agent is it able to cover. Other then that as covid is a known issue no insurance will cover.

But the most important is our govt cover you after you disembark. Onboard is cover by dc.

I am already satisfy that govt cover so i am not worried about insurance.

Winterdews

Reaction score
Suspected Covid-19 case on Royal Caribbean cruise to nowhere, ship returns to Singapore mid-sail

Wonder how this will impact World Dream especially those returning and sailing today.

i wonder is it due to their testing process.. I think is their 3rd cruise? quite a bad start.

RCL
Yes. Guest of all ages travelling with us must undergo a SARS-CoV-2 test within 48 to 72 hours prior to boarding and obtain a negative result. Guests will also be tested at the terminal at the conclusion of their cruise. The cost of your SARS-CoV-2 tests is included in your cruise fare for sailings departing on or before 18 March 2021, though we will continue to evaluate circumstances and update our policy and timeframe if necessary. Closer to your sail date, approximately 14-10 days prior to sailing, we'll provide clear directions for testing at The Raffles City Convention Hall.

Last edited:

whywhy80

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have your own personal life insurance then you need to check with your agent is it able to cover. Other then that as covid is a known issue no insurance will cover.

But the most important is our govt cover you after you disembark. Onboard is cover by dc.

I am already satisfy that govt cover so i am not worried about insurance.
I am also looking if any insurance will cover
Govt got cover after we disembark ah?
Can feed more info on this?

i wonder is it due to their testing process.. I think is their 3rd cruise? quite a bad start.
They just started early this month?
really bad start

Confirm positive case liao
Wonder how it will affect DC in this case

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...uise-to-nowhere-ship-returns-to-singapore-mid

Winterdews

Reaction score
I am also looking if any insurance will cover
Govt got cover after we disembark ah?
Can feed more info on this?

They just started early this month?
really bad start

Confirm positive case liao
Wonder how it will affect DC in this case

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...uise-to-nowhere-ship-returns-to-singapore-mid

The insurance thingy was a talking point here in sept and oct. But it is all sorted out and good.

MOH also made some announcements about returning passengers where they can use MSL and govt subsidizes.

Quote STB
In reference to your request, we would like to share with you that there are contingency plans in place which includes the ship returning to Singapore so
passengers can disembark, and medical support can be provided if necessary. Upon arriving the land, the confirmed passenger will be sent to the hospital while close contacts may be quarantined. Other measures may also be implemented for other passengers, including monitoring of health status and active COVID-19 testing.

In any event if someone is infected with COVID-19 from cruise sailing, as cruise pilots do not have port of calls, COVID-19 patients will be treated in the same way as if the case occurred in Singapore. As per prevailing policy, Singapore Government will pay for the hospital bills in full for COVID-19 patients admitted to public hospitals.

In the meantime, we wish you well and stay safe!

whywhy80

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The insurance thingy was a talking point here in sept and oct. But it is all sorted out and good.

MOH also made some announcements about returning passengers where they can use MSL and govt subsidizes.

Quote STB
In reference to your request, we would like to share with you that there are contingency plans in place which includes the ship returning to Singapore so
passengers can disembark, and medical support can be provided if necessary. Upon arriving the land, the confirmed passenger will be sent to the hospital while close contacts may be quarantined. Other measures may also be implemented for other passengers, including monitoring of health status and active COVID-19 testing.

In any event if someone is infected with COVID-19 from cruise sailing, as cruise pilots do not have port of calls, COVID-19 patients will be treated in the same way as if the case occurred in Singapore. As per prevailing policy, Singapore Government will pay for the hospital bills in full for COVID-19 patients admitted to public hospitals.

In the meantime, we wish you well and stay safe!
Thank you v much for the info
Will go google STB for more info :)

Winterdews

Reaction score
Hi, i received a whatsapp msg saying i got a comp room and 2nd pax base fare free. Any idea what is the base fare?

Basically it means free comp cabin for 1st & 2nd pax. Take note that 3rd & 4th pax is chargeable at 50ppn for comp cabins. Total taxes is $162 all in per person for 2N balcony

kia0042

Reaction score

RCL
Yes. Guest of all ages travelling with us must undergo a SARS-CoV-2 test within 48 to 72 hours prior to boarding and obtain a negative result. Guests will also be tested at the terminal at the conclusion of their cruise.

Tested 48-72 hours prior boarding, re-tested again at terminal, and yet still managed to "escape" all scanning and brought the virus onboard, this guest is super sway. Is there any possibility that the items inside his/her luggage or belongings have been exposed to virus, otherwise how can a person cleared 2 swab tests still have virus to bring onboard?:eek::eek:

Btw, "Guest will also be tested at terminal at the conclusion of their cruise". Does this mean guests undergo another swab test or other type of "causal" test?

Winterdews

Reaction score
Tested 48-72 hours prior boarding, re-tested again at terminal, and yet still managed to "escape" all scanning and brought the virus onboard, this guest is super sway. Is there any possibility that the items inside his/her luggage or belongings have been exposed to virus, otherwise how can a person cleared 2 swab tests still have virus to bring onboard?:eek::eek:

Btw, "Guest will also be tested at terminal at the conclusion of their cruise". Does this mean guests undergo another swab test or other type of "causal" test?

RCL don't test on boarding day. Only take temp and unless got high temp then will do another test.

Disembark will be same as DC.

RCL
At the terminal, we'll continue screening measures to ensure everyone boarding the cruise, or working at the terminal, is in good health. All guest documents, including the pre-arrival Health Questionnaire and a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result, will be verified. Additionally, all guests, crew, visitors, and port personnel will have their temperatures taken in the terminal by trained staff using touchless, handheld thermometers. Guests and crew members with temperatures of 37.5 degrees Celsius or greater will undergo a secondary screening. The secondary screening is conducted by a medical professional and determines if a person is eligible to sail.

Winterdews

Reaction score
life must goes on...

SINGAPORE: Royal Caribbean International’s Quantum of the Seas is still scheduled to set sail on Thursday (Dec 10), the company said on Wednesday.

qhong61

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
life must goes on...

SINGAPORE: Royal Caribbean International’s Quantum of the Seas is still scheduled to set sail on Thursday (Dec 10), the company said on Wednesday.
Cannot afford not to...

cruzwhiz

Reaction score
life must goes on...

This doesn’t seem to make sense. Shouldn’t all passengers and crews need to do 14 Days SHN notice? Or they have the Crew B members that can be activated?

If they are using the same crew members, it is definitely not worth going as it is super high risk.

kia0042

Reaction score
RCL don't test on boarding day. Only take temp and unless got high temp then will do another test.

Disembark will be same as DC.

Looks like World Dream safety protocol wins RC.
Same date testing seems better. At least we go straight onboard after the test.

How RC allows their guests to take their test 48-72 hours prior embarkation, it puzzles me. :s8::s8: Don't they know people will go anywhere, everywhere after the test and expose to virus prior boarding the ship?

This is a very bad reputation, I think same cruise operations are laughing at SG now. :(:(

Winterdews

Reaction score
This doesn’t seem to make sense. Shouldn’t all passengers and crews need to do 14 Days SHN notice? Or they have the Crew B members that can be activated?

If they are using the same crew members, it is definitely not worth going as it is super high risk.

Whatever happen on cruise ship is a mirror just like on land.. If there is covid they follow land protocols. Contact tracing and isolate close contacts. They will test the paxs before they disembark and test all the crew. But all the psgrs that disembark will need to monitor themselves strictly for 14days even if is negative when they disembark.

Example.... In SG if a covid case goes vivo & taka & take mrt does it means all close down?

Winterdews

Reaction score

How RC allows their guests to take their test 48-72 hours prior embarkation, it puzzles me. :s8::s8: Don't they know people will go anywhere, everywhere after the test and expose to virus prior boarding the ship?

This is a very bad reputation, I think same cruise operations are laughing at SG now. :(:(

News say the psgrs no regrets and will definitely return.

The question is who infected the 83yo on land...:s22:

FastPC2020

Reaction score

Not very true, the rapid test is less accurate and the same thing could occur. Test and not have enough virus to be positive.

lilycll

Reaction score

Test carried out closer and on actual sailing day will minimise additional contact with the community before sailing. 48-72hrs pre-cruise test is just waiting for something to happen and wasting resources needed to conduct tracing if any found positive.

In this RCCL case, not only all passengers time are affected (to plan leaves to schedule another cruise date etc), compensation is another factor bad for them. TBH, 1N compensation is a joke especially when they don't even offer any 1N Cruise. Take it as a gimmick to entice peoples to cruise with them again. :s8:

Nonetheless, even same day test may proof to be inaccurate like the case of the false alarm of the baby for World Dream.

Prevention is still the best approach to don proper protection at least with face mask, disinfection etc to minimise ownself risk.

Winterdews

Reaction score
Test carried out closer and on actual sailing day will minimise additional contact with the community before sailing. 48-72hrs pre-cruise test is just waiting for something to happen and wasting resources needed to conduct tracing if any found positive.

In this RCCL case, not only all passengers time are affected (to plan leaves to schedule another cruise date etc), compensation is another factor bad for them. TBH, 1N compensation is a joke especially when they don't even offer any 1N Cruise. Take it as a gimmick to entice peoples to cruise with them again. :s8:

Nonetheless, even same day test may proof to be inaccurate like the case of the false alarm of the baby for World Dream.

Prevention is still the best approach to don proper protection at least with face mask, disinfection etc to minimise ownself risk.

yes only way is contact tracing, test and isolate. The individual must practice social responsibility.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.