Durian prices expected to increase by 100% this year

menthol28

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
China their biggest client under lockdown and stopping most import/ export , I seriously doubt the price of durain will increase

0bserver

Master Member
Reaction score
Increase 100%? Just dun buy

Those ppl buying are really 犯贱。that's why the durain sellers will be chopping carrots still

waiken

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Deputy Agriculture and Food Industry Minister I Datuk Seri Ahmad Hamzah said the price hike was due to a 50% drop in durian production due to weather conditions.

"We believe that the rainy season at the end of March to April has impacted the pollination of durian, which impacts the number of fruits.

"We expect this factor will result in a drop of 50% in total production in some states,” he told reporters at the Aidilfitri open house at Pengkalan Umbai here.

Besides weather, increased fertiliser and labour costs have also affected the production of the King of Fruits.

Sounds suspiciously convenient.
https://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/raub-farmers-cry-environmental-damage-134426579.html

Sega Genesis

Reaction score
Every year they sure got some excuse to increase prices. Greed has no limits, same for stupidity of those tt continues to be carrot.

swathe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They find all possible excuse to raise price. Now China no import, why no reduce price?

Fertilizer cause 100% increase. Why other vege never inceease 100%?

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kumgongs will still bai huan , they will use the most typical lame reasoning - One year one time so its ok to splurge on lewlians ..

:vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

deathan9el

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
screw those jacked up prices
come up w/ all these reasons :s22:

won't starve to death to not have any

Mr Duck

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Myself not really like to eat durian. If my loves one like, no matter how expensive i also will buy. If don't like you give me free i also not interested.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.