Eagle Hospitality Trust IPO

homer123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the 3 SSH shareholders bought at 78ct during IPO placement are now panic selling.. They have no relationship to the Sponsor or EHT. It was also mentioned that they sold the hotels to the UC/EHT . Does that mean they are paid with the EHT share issued at 78 ct ? Now that the EHT has gone down to 52.5 ct , they are now the biggest loser and have to recoup whatever amount left?

Quote from the SGX announcement on question e:
"Please advise why Mr Frank Yuan, Mr Norbert Yuan and Mr Jerome Yuan (the “Yuans”) did not invest in the Trust prior to IPO but only took up the placement units at IPO. Were they independently identified by the placement agent(s) or introduced by the Sponsor? Please disclose the circumstances how the placements to them were determined.
Answer: Mr Frank Yuan, Mr Norbert Yuan and Mr Jerome Yuan were introduced by the Sponsor to the placement agents during the bookbuilding process for the IPO and subscribed for Stapled Securities in the placement tranche at the IPO price of US$0.78 per Stapled Security as part of a bookbuilding process by the placement agents."

Toni90

Reaction score
They collected money from people. Promise 8% return. Now need to sell share to paid this 8% loh.

tonylim1954

Reaction score
UN only bought 6 hotels from ASAP or all the 18 hotel ? Looks like all 18 hotels are from ASAP . In SJ , few forumers confirmed 18 Hotels from ASAP .

cadvin

Reaction score
All Hotels from ASAP

Actually if you refer to ASAP Holdings website you can find all the EHT IPO hotels as part of their portfolio with an acquisition date prior to the IPO. Some of them like "Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites - Waterpark" (formerly "Nickelodeon Suites Resort Orlando") have changed name but they correspond to the same hotel.

So it seems that not only 6 hotels were acquired from them at some point but the entire portfolio including Queen Mary...

I compiled a summary table but I can't post it here as I do not have sufficient posts to paste links.

Last edited:

tonylim1954

Reaction score
Actually if you refer to ASAP Holdings website you can find all the EHT IPO hotels as part of their portfolio with an acquisition date prior to the IPO. Some of them like "Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites - Waterpark" (formerly "Nickelodeon Suites Resort Orlando") have changed name but they correspond to the same hotel.

So it seems that not only 6 hotels were acquired from them at some point but the entire portfolio including Queen Mary...

I compiled a summary table but I can't post it here as I do not have sufficient posts to paste links.

Is it possible to supply these info to RegCo@sgx.com directly so that sgx will quiry them . If not can you send it to my email accout so that i can send to sgx. I am already a regular info provoder to SGX since the saga of EAGLE.

cadvin

Reaction score
Is it possible to supply these info to RegCo(at)sgx(dot)com directly so that sgx will quiry them . If not can you send it to my email accout so that i can send to sgx. I am already a regular info provoder to SGX since the saga of EAGLE.

Sure, this is just based on the public information available on ASAP website. This page contains the list of ASAP properties and their acquisition date:

asapholdings.com/portfolio-2/

(EDIT: the list 12 properties not part of ASAP6 portfolio have now been removed from the site)

Last edited:

Toni90

Reaction score
Sure, this is just based on the public information available on ASAP website. This page contains the list of ASAP properties and their acquisition date:

asapholdings.com/portfolio-2/

Only 6 from them. Other hotels they advised Urban Common only. Not sure how difference this 2 things.

cadvin

Reaction score
Only 6 from them. Other hotels they advised Urban Common only. Not sure how difference this 2 things.

Yes I hope that's the case but that would be a bit far fetched to mark those as part of the portfolio if they were only advisors.

But by the way I just noticed that the list of the other hotels have just been removed today from the ASAP website...Quite shady...

cadvin

Reaction score
Yes I hope that's the case but that would be a bit far fetched to mark those as part of the portfolio if they were only advisors.

But by the way I just noticed that the list of the other hotels have just been removed today from the ASAP website...Quite shady...

Using WebArchive it is possible to see a version of the page on 4 may 2019 where you can see some of the hotels that are not part of the ASAP6 portfolio (all of the 18 properties were listed earlier today):
web.archive.org

(Sorry again I can't copy paste full links so you have to go to web.archive.org to view the version of asapholdings.com/portfolio-2/ on 4 May 2019)

Maybe they removed them as they were indeed only advisors?

Last edited:

Toni90

Reaction score
Using WebArchive it is possible to see a version of the page on 4 may 2019 where you can see some of the hotels that are not part of the ASAP6 portfolio (all of the 18 properties were listed earlier today):
web.archive.org

(Sorry again I can't copy paste full links so you have to go to web.archive.org to view the version of asapholdings.com/portfolio-2/ on 4 May 2019)

Maybe they removed them as they were indeed only advisors?

You can go the archive and read the Recent project section. In each project, they wrote down which one they bought, which one they advised.

For example:

http://web.archive.org/web/20191101....com/acquisition-of-queen-mary-in-long-beach/

hound297

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually hor, how much is the repair cost ? Got one source says $290mil while the clarification from UC says $7mil.

https://lbpost.com/news/city/queen-mary-repairs-urban-commons/amp/

www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/sponsor-will-pay-for-queen-mary-repairs-says-eagle-hospitality-trust%3famp

Last edited:

DukeCS33

Reaction score
Actually hor, how much is the repair cost ? Got one source says $290mil while the clarification from UC says $7mil.

https://lbpost.com/news/city/queen-mary-repairs-urban-commons/amp/

www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-...mary-repairs-says-eagle-hospitality-trust?amp

If it is USD 7mio, will the share price not have soared by now? Why are the substantial shareholders still selling and not awaiting a rebound to offload? Share price dipped below the low at 0.54 without much of a rebound even after the REIT refuted the news. Maybe the price action is telling enough.

Toni90

Reaction score
If it is USD 7mio, will the share price not have soared by now? Why are the substantial shareholders still selling and not awaiting a rebound to offload? Share price dipped below the low at 0.54 without much of a rebound even after the REIT refuted the news. Maybe the price action is telling enough.

Did you short it?

DukeCS33

Reaction score
Did you short it?

No. I do not trade SG shares. But if Interactive Brokers set up shop here and the brokerage cost is low, I would start trading SG stocks. Otherwise, I would stick to US counters.

wwf

Reaction score
So fast filled at 0.5, look like can see 0.4x soon
Wish me luck

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.