Earliest recontract date for maid

AvengersAssemble

Reaction score
Hi,

As title, i will like to recontract my maid's contract (left 6 months) for another 2 years.

May i know when is the earliest i can do, and what procedures/ steps do i need to adhere to?

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what legal obligations or rights are out there, but felt usually 3-6 months before contract ends, can start to nego and discuss with the helper whether they would like to extend already lor…

In the event that the helper express intention not to stay longer than 2yrs then employer also have enough lead time to interview others and start the employment process for the next one…

In the event, the helper agrees to continue, then there is also sufficient time to discuss remuneration, whether when to take the “home leave” or postpone to her preferred period during their holidays etc etc…check on her passport expiry and also eventual renewal of her work permit.

Jov1623

Reaction score
Based on experience, don’t Re contract too fast cos they may chg mind wen come near to the expiry

alphau

Reaction score
Two key things are MDW’s work permit and insurance. MOM will send you a letter 8 weeks before your MDW’s work permit expires.

Here are two guides for your reading.

Renewing your Domestic Helper’s Contract and Work Permit

6 things you should know before renewing your foreign domestic helper’s work permit

Basically two months to sort things out. Renewing of work permit is instant but you need to take note how long the insurance company process the renewal or new application. Usually within a day or two (working business day) but give a week period.

Some employers I heard don’t provide refresh contract for the MDW. My advice is please do up a contract. You can state how long you & your MDW helper need to give notice.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.