East Coast Car Rental or Apex?

awhw

Reaction score

how did you guys call the rental company to send their shuttle bus to pick you up? can approach the information counter ask them to help call or something?
Activate global roaming or get a SIM card (from any of the telco counters) at the Arrival Hall.

newuserid

Reaction score
Hi Seniors
Would like to ask for advice for Melbourne Car Rentals in 2022
ECCR still good? Or what other decent experiences with other rentals in recent times can share?

read the reviews on east coast rental on tripadvisor, maybe i should go with sixt.
also take the opportunity to drive an electric car :)

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
read the reviews on east coast rental on tripadvisor, maybe i should go with sixt.
also take the opportunity to drive an electric car :)
Provided you can get, i tried numerous times but always fully booked..

Chaos32

Reaction score
is it much cheaper to book electric car vs petrol car in terms of the fuel cost?
thanks
From a cursory glance actually electric car hires tend to elicit a premium over petrol. Also there is charging considerations to consider. Being on holiday, looking out for the right charger etc can be a hassle especially in a foreign place. Perhaps hybrids are the way to go for now?

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From a cursory glance actually electric car hires tend to elicit a premium over petrol. Also there is charging considerations to consider. Being on holiday, looking out for the right charger etc can be a hassle especially in a foreign place. Perhaps hybrids are the way to go for now?
ya thats what i thought too. which is why i am puzzled why people want to go for electric cars.

newuserid

Reaction score
Will be renting from sixt, slightly higher only. Good thing is can return without charging. And if need charging, it is free also. Charging points at Westfield shopping malls, so charge while eating dinner.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Majority of malls here have chargers. But if you're planning for road trips on EVs, my recommendation is not to do it unless you plan out where you want to charge.

There's a website to help you do it.

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Majority of malls here have chargers. But if you're planning for road trips on EVs, my recommendation is not to do it unless you plan out where you want to charge.

There's a website to help you do it.

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/
ya. i will be going on road trips. so it seems like EV will only add to the logistical nightmare of planning

jinmuddy

Banned
Reaction score
Surprisingly hertz is cheapest for me for a 7 seater to Melbourne over Christmas. Easy collection at the airport direct too.

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recent reviews of East Coast Car rental post Covid?

the recent online reviews are quite bad…

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone collected car from apex car rental at NZ queenstown at after hour collection before. My uocoming flight timing had changed and probably won't make it within their operation hours. My flight arrive at 1545 and they closed at 1630. Before that my arrival flight is 1430 . I feel it is too tight for my latest arrival timing .

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gota collect it next day then? Save one day rental too.
their Queenstown depot isn't next to airport (free shuttle provided), and is about 15mins drive to downtown, so not v far either if you collect next day

Synchroniza

Reaction score
Hi all,

Will be going to gold coast for 4d3n and then proceed to Melbourne for GOR and city visit, Would it be better to start GOR first for 5d4n after picking rental car from Tullamarine and then return the car followed by city visit for 5d4n?

Or should I start city visit first then rent the car and when returning can return direct at Tullamarine before flying home?

Also, I saw Apex car rental only have pick up and drop offs at airport. Will try emailing them if there is other locations that I can drop off the car if I decide to do GOR first. Thanks in advance

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gota collect it next day then? Save one day rental too.
their Queenstown depot isn't next to airport (free shuttle provided), and is about 15mins drive to downtown, so not v far either if you collect next day
My Flight arrival is late oct 1545 hr at queentown . It was not so late as sunset is after 8pm. I plan to go wanaka on the arrival day so that I can drive there immediately and have a rest there .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.