Eat only one meal a day, possible?

dareto2020

Master Member
Reaction score
has anyone done this before?
dun think possible... now only 1 main lunch, breakfast is bread with ham-cheese or peanut butter..
but evening time will be hungry so eat snacks/drink... although weight maintained but not sure will do this long term

kaypohchee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since **, I eat one meal a day, LOL.

Mainly because I'm sleeping while people are awake, awake while people are asleep. My first meal is technically dinner for early birds and when I complete my work, I go to sleep in the day time.

So just one meal a day.

Before ** when I was working office hours (8 to 6), it's 2 to 3 meals a day (usually just 2, because I can't eat a lot by nature). Since COVID, I am able to reverse this whole thing, wahaha. And I like it very much.
Ya me too

My hours now like upside down as I sleep very very late at after 3-5-7+am and I will also stay on in bed surfing on HP after waking up - only getting out from bed from after 1-3-5pm depending on my mood etc

I had told mom to tarpau back Chicken Curry Rice from the chicken rice stall when she asked what I wanted

But she came back with the default LC Fish Soup which I was getting very tired of n said she was told No Chicken Curry

So I took the effort to change my clothes to go opp HC
Planning to get Mutton Biryani from Saffron's but they were closed till ard 20th

No choice but to walk up to the inner HC - found the nice HK Porridge stall moved out !
So went for the $6 Beef n Pork Katsu Bento + $5 Fried Ebi + $1.80 x 2 Popiahs

Then bought $7.50 worth Sweet Potatoes n Yam for BBCC - forgot the pandan leaves !

Then saw diners tucking heartily into Chicen Curry - mom must have gone to the HK Roast stall instead of the Chicken Rice stall on the other side ... Sighzzz

On way home also bought some Red Bean Buns etc since mom won't be able to have her breakfast at the HC from tomorrow !

My OMAD early dinner
Jap Bento n Popiah
Dth97nV.jpg

P4URtoq.jpg

Last edited:

BoosterJab

Banned
Reaction score
dun think possible... now only 1 main lunch, breakfast is bread with ham-cheese or peanut butter..
but evening time will be hungry so eat snacks/drink... although weight maintained but not sure will do this long term
You should not be eating based on hunger factor alone. Do you still have left over fats at the waist area?

Hunger can also mean that your insulin is elevated.

iNeed2p

Reaction score
Why do you need to have OMAD for 1 year?
I practice OMAD to lose weight as my BMI is >30 (171cm / 24 yo). Have personally done it for >1 year, but recently find myself go back to bad binging habits during WFH... Would like to know if others are in similar position?? Any sharing.

nubitol

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i eat only twice a day for at least 15 years

recently only have appetite for 1 meal per day, try to drink milo during day and 1 meal during dinner

MichealScott

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think is a bit hard for working adults..Wake up 8am by 10am sure hungry liao. Then sure go eat lunch at 12pm. Then work until 6pm sure hungry also...

If you are like a student or freelancer, possible la. Everyday sleep till 12pm then chill abit, 4pm eat dinner. Then 10pm go sleep again.

BoosterJab

Banned
Reaction score
I practice OMAD to lose weight as my BMI is >30 (171cm / 24 yo). Have personally done it for >1 year, but recently find myself go back to bad binging habits during WFH... Would like to know if others are in similar position?? Any sharing.
We know people on Keto are able to lose weight despite taking 3 meals a day with no calories restriction. So why some have to go the OMAD route? It is not about how many meals that you eliminate but the food that you eat, in particular the type of fat. OMAD can make you lose weight so does ketosis. However you do not need to be in ketosis and you can choose the type of fat to lose weight without being in ketosis.

Last edited:

BoosterJab

Banned
Reaction score
I think is a bit hard for working adults..Wake up 8am by 10am sure hungry liao. Then sure go eat lunch at 12pm. Then work until 6pm sure hungry also...

If you are like a student or freelancer, possible la. Everyday sleep till 12pm then chill abit, 4pm eat dinner. Then 10pm go sleep again.
That's how you will need the bulletproof coffee, you have a pantry in the office?

desmond007

Reaction score
Possible... I've been @ it for 6-7years.
In-between breaks only drink water & tea.
Especially ppl abv 40s...our diet got to change to eating less for better health.

Last edited:

ricohflex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If this is your 1 meal per day, then can do.
Credit: english.newstracklive.com
body_58c8f60181ce4.jpg

lampano

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rembr theres 1 bro here.
Omad for years already.

Me almost back then...when doing IF from 81/6 to 20/4 for a while. Its possible. But 1 meal is gaolat one eat 2 meal worth

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.