Edifier S2000MKIII review

rocket

Reaction score
it is the last piece of stock from 12/12 left over stocks.
hence i grab it.

Nusarawj

Reaction score
hi, now that some stores at SLS are selling the S2000MKiii for 485, would you recommend the Edifier or the Swans?

naoeneko

Reaction score
hi, now that some stores at SLS are selling the S2000MKiii for 485, would you recommend the Edifier or the Swans?
Depends on the cost difference between both speakers?
Anyway my understanding is M300 > S3000 > M200 > S2000 > M100 > S1000. YMMV but generally that's how they're rated.

Edit: Updated the swans model.

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's M3000 and M2000?

If you mean the M200 series from Swans... take note that Swan's model numbers can be a little bit parkour. In Hivi's store @ Lazada, M240 costs less than M200MKIII. Want more weirdness? M200MKIII+ costs less than M200MKIII.

At least there is some form of correlation between the numbers and woofer size... which brings up another point worth mentioning: For the same model line, it can come in different sizes that cost different.

Is S2000MKIII still available for $485? That's a pretty nice price. Personally don't have any experience with the current Swans models and with Swans coming up with so many models it's hard to predict.

naoeneko

Reaction score
What's M3000 and M2000?

If you mean the M200 series from Swans... take note that Swan's model numbers can be a little bit parkour. In Hivi's store @ Lazada, M240 costs less than M200MKIII. Want more weirdness? M200MKIII+ costs less than M200MKIII.

At least there is some form of correlation between the numbers and woofer size... which brings up another point worth mentioning: For the same model line, it can come in different sizes that cost different.

Is S2000MKIII still available for $485? That's a pretty nice price. Personally don't have any experience with the current Swans models and with Swans coming up with so many models it's hard to predict.
Hey thanks for the correction. Yup, I meant the swans for the M series.

@Nusarawj , if the price diff aren't huge between M200MKIII/M200MKIII+ vs S2000MKIII, I would say either you go down and test it out to make your decision or just get the cheaper one. Since both are great. But audio is subjective so YMMV.

Nusarawj

Reaction score
price was $485 on lazada during a sale in June with some vouchers included with it, now that the price is back up to $539~ I'll probably wait for the next sale before pulling the trigger

Nusarawj

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger during the 11.11 sales for 444 after stacking some vouchers on Lazada

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.