EDMW Knife Collectors

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
ha.. i went to ICA couple of weeks ago to collect my spyderco Caly damascus... now total chargeable for GST is inclusive of shipping charges and insurance charges.
so...knife cost + shipping + insurance must be less than $400 to avoid GST.

Yup. This has been the practice all the while I had purchased online. not sure if it was different before. Sometimes what I do is if the shipping is cheaper to split into 2 shipments, I split.. if not just pay GST..

vespaguy

Reaction score
Awfully quiet in here

keep posting and you will soon hit the 100 post requirement, and then we can see your pics. =:p I am waiting with anticipation....probably your collection will blow my socks off :eek::s13:

vespaguy

Reaction score
XMAS 2012 gift log

what are you getting for Xmas 2012 and does it include a sharp thing or two? =:p

how about sharing....

Let's start. I've already gotten mine...a maker told me that he would make me something in 2013, after 4 years of waiting. And I got myself a leatherman MUT recently - no point in waiting until a week before XMAS :D

Last edited:

Sonic69

Reaction score
what are you getting for Xmas 2012 and does it include a sharp thing or two? =:p

how about sharing....

Let's start. I've already gotten mine...a maker told me that he would make me something in 2013, after 4 years of waiting. And I got myself a leatherman MUT recently - no point in waiting until a week before XMAS :D

-4 Naniwa Super Stones - 400, 1000, 3000 and 8000 grits.
-Benchmade Osbourne 940P.
-Zero Tolerance Zing flipper
-Dovo Straight Razor in a Set with strop blah blah blah
-Whippeddog.com Sight Unseen Deal Straight razor
-DLT Trading 2 sided paddle strop with Bark River White Compound
-Herman Miller Aeron Chair

Yes, I was very generous with myself this Xmas! bwahahahaaa

Almost forgot:
-Head Microgel Extreme squash raquet
-Asics Gel court shoes

Last edited:

vespaguy

Reaction score
Department stores - Isetan, Takashimaya etc. Kyocera is the most well known brand.

I doubt it can cut bone. Never tried.

Ni, it will chip. No frozen meats either. The downside to hardness is brittleness. If you want to cur bone, buy a CCK chopper:)

sojourn88

Reaction score

how about sharing....

4 years? thats a long wait..
any idea what would it be?
;-)

Reindeer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
singapore got stiletto or not? where is a good place to hoot if it is legal?

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got a cold steel tanto knife. Nice feel.solid. Going to frame up once i get home.

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got a cold steel tanto knife. Nice feel.solid. Going to frame up once i get home.

445844.gif

vespaguy

Reaction score
Some spring cleaning for Xmas:

- strider sj75s handground version ranger green excellent condition.
- warren Thomas full ti (with carbidized edge) shikra neck knife.
- kifaru organiser foliage green.
- tadgear Spartan pants size 34 x 28 ME brown excellent condition.
- yamawaku forged gyuto, used.
Pm for pricing and pics, all priced fairly:)

Last edited:

vespaguy

Reaction score
4 years? thats a long wait..
any idea what would it be?
;-)

at times I feel like giving up too. There's another maker I've been waiting for 6 years and counting....but since I'm not a big shot nor have big wallet, waiting is what I can do. It does suck at times since the prices go up up up :eek::(=:p

vespaguy

Reaction score
singapore got stiletto or not? where is a good place to hoot if it is legal?

if you mean an automatic/flick knife/gravity knife, then, it's illegal and not available. I see these questions come up from time to time so generally:

- autos, flick knives (question the definition), gravity knives (these are WW1/2 paratrooper knives), daggers, double-edged, balisongs/butterfly knives, ballistic knives, trench knives (with knuckle duster guards) are illegal.

- some other items are scheduled items and will require authorisation and permits, for eg. swords, kris, parangs, spears etc

you can go to the SPF (police) website which has links to what's ok and what's not. No secret, all there.

As for spring assisted, I've notice that a local dealer (that has pics of the owner with a slung carbine) brings these in, so I guess they may now be viewed as permissible...or perhaps there will be some paperwork involved as well.

Last edited:

rambotan

Reaction score
if you mean an automatic/flick knife/gravity knife, then, it's illegal and not available. I see these questions come up from time to time so generally:

- autos, flick knives (question the definition), gravity knives (these are WW1/2 paratrooper knives), daggers, double-edged, balisongs/butterfly knives, ballistic knives, trench knives (with knuckle duster guards) are illegal.

- some other items are scheduled items and will require authorisation and permits, for eg. swords, kris, parangs, spears etc

you can go to the SPF (police) website which has links to what's ok and what's not. No secret, all there.

As for spring assisted, I've notice that a local dealer (that has pics of the owner with a slung carbine) brings these in, so I guess they may now be viewed as permissible...or perhaps there will be some paperwork involved as well.

Stiletto means commando knife. Double edged. I think you can't buy it.

But you can join the Army and be a Commando. Then you will have it.... in the Army.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.