EDMW Knife Collectors

Sonic69

Reaction score
Just collected my ZT0300 Blem and used Benchmade Rift from my friend in KL yesterday. Photos are coming soon as promised to Vespaguy.

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is all this S35VN steel really that good?

Isnt is just expensive steel that does the same as VG10?

does it have that kind of toughness and elasticity?

I know its content is 1.5% carbon... but its HRC is also 60. From wat i know about heat treatment, hardening it reduce its chromium content and harden it... the only kind of treatment that doesnt change it component is cyrogenic(freeze treatment).

material like S35VN is so hard that almost too diffcult to sharpen. Even a VG10 will be diff from wat i heard.

So wats the point of getting a expensive S35VN knife? sorry to say this, but its not even look nice... I like shinning stuff...

nilfire77

Reaction score
WHAT?! NO!!!
brand new? how can that be? Stolen goods? :s22:

Yup it's brand new. It's definitely the real stuff, after comparing it to my other TTi which I bought from sngarms many years back. Fit and finish is the same. It could be a grey market item I'm not sure.

nilfire77

Reaction score
Wow nilfire77 $67 for a TTi is really a steal! In fact even the ALX version doesn't go for that asking price!
Mind sharing which ebay seller you got it from? Might be time to get another spare lol!
I cant remember the exact name of the ebayer, something like jen-jen134 I think...

Sonic69

Reaction score
Ok! Here's pics of my latest toy. As mentioned, just collected 2 days ago from my friend in KL. This was the knife that I tried to get Borderlinx to forward to me in November last year. Silly me. It ended up going on a tour of the US and finally my buddy's mother in law brought it over with her when she visited him in KL.
Without further ado, the knife that got me hooked onto folders (albeit in a different colour, ZT0302 in NCIS) - ZT0300.
1gz8H.jpg

4j2oN.jpg

mNJsu.jpg

rnYmq.jpg

B6ht7.jpg

OQWwf.jpg

advrider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody hoot the terminator 4 knife. it rooks goot.

Sonic69

Reaction score
My thoughts on the ZT0300. If you ever pull this one out in a Tactical situation, you're not fooling around. I thought the ZT0550 had some heft to it, but this beast feels one notch above that. The blade stock is massive. The DLC coating is badass and I wish I had the Tiger Stripe 0301 as well in Ranger Green. The TI scale is superbly crafted with the texture and blackening. I didn't think I would love it but I do. Kinda expected it to be cheesy and cheap, but it is not at all.
As you can see, my blade has the XXXX on it marking it as a blem, but I seriously cannot pick up the flaws. Go figure. No worries, I got it for a steal then :D
This blade also has the SpeedSafe assisted opening. Same as my Kershaw Zing. However, unlike the Zing flicking out quickly, when the ZT0300 deploys, due to the weight of the blade, it is very deliberate. Almost slow motion. And you feel the weight shift in your hand. I love it! I imagine I'm drawing a Katana out of its scabbard haha. Awesome!
Anyway, hope you liked my photos. I am a crappy photographer so any pointers in that area is welcome.

xtima123

Reaction score
My thoughts on the ZT0300. If you ever pull this one out in a Tactical situation, you're not fooling around. I thought the ZT0550 had some heft to it, but this beast feels one notch above that. The blade stock is massive. The DLC coating is badass and I wish I had the Tiger Stripe 0301 as well in Ranger Green. The TI scale is superbly crafted with the texture and blackening. I didn't think I would love it but I do. Kinda expected it to be cheesy and cheap, but it is not at all.
As you can see, my blade has the XXXX on it marking it as a blem, but I seriously cannot pick up the flaws. Go figure. No worries, I got it for a steal then :D
This blade also has the SpeedSafe assisted opening. Same as my Kershaw Zing. However, unlike the Zing flicking out quickly, when the ZT0300 deploys, due to the weight of the blade, it is very deliberate. Almost slow motion. And you feel the weight shift in your hand. I love it! I imagine I'm drawing a Katana out of its scabbard haha. Awesome!
Anyway, hope you liked my photos. I am a crappy photographer so any pointers in that area is welcome.

Nice! I love it :)

Mine's still touring the US.

vespaguy

Reaction score
Oh what's a&e? I'm purchasing it off eBay, should be alright right? :)

It will likely be detained by customs. You will get a letter. Then you will need to get it cleared with the Singapore Police Force arms & explosives licensing division. It's at cantonment. You will first have to go to customs, then another trip to the police hq at cantonment.

Reindeer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will likely be detained by customs. You will get a letter. Then you will need to get it cleared with the Singapore Police Force arms & explosives licensing division. It's at cantonment. You will first have to go to customs, then another trip to the police hq at cantonment.

Okay, thanks! :) might be buying a sushi knife this weekend :love:

vespaguy

Reaction score
Sonic, if you're not adverse to using that zt301, try opening a tin can with it. It'll be veryy satisfying..
Lol

JoePilot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today i went emart and scored a Victorinox "Trailmaster One-Hand" for $35 credit. What an absolute steal!

4173B6GACVL._SS500_.jpg

It is also known as the Trekker One Hand, retails for $34USD. Partially serrated blade, typical stiff Vic linerlock. Also reviewed by nutfancy.

I think Vic SAKS offer tremendous value (even at USD prices), for the swiss-made quality and lifetime warranty. Every guy shd get one...no, two...one for his buddy, the other to pass down to his son.

Did I mention u can buy using SAF credits? :s22: IT'S FREE!

I'mknotdumb!

Banned
Reaction score
Today i went emart and scored a Victorinox "Trailmaster One-Hand" for $35 credit. What an absolute steal!

4173B6GACVL._SS500_.jpg

It is also known as the Trekker One Hand, retails for $34USD. Partially serrated blade, typical stiff Vic linerlock. Also reviewed by nutfancy.

I think Vic SAKS offer tremendous value (even at USD prices), for the swiss-made quality and lifetime warranty. Every guy shd get one...no, two...one for his buddy, the other to pass down to his son.

Did I mention u can buy using SAF credits? :s22: IT'S FREE!

Which emart ?

the emart i go only have this
SC039BIG.JPG

Last edited:

I'mknotdumb!

Banned
Reaction score

will tio fine($) or not i wanna buy bear grylls knife online

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.