EDMW Knife Collectors

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. The only use I have for my knives are to open packages of my knives. It's a self sustaining process :)

Getting my friend to snap pics of my stuff, but it'll be slow going, as I have alot to lug over to his place. Don't have my knife pouch yet so the problem is compounded. Plus I can't justify having 20+ knives on my body when I set off the metal detector all the way at AED.

Just got my Tighe Breaker too, it's as lovely as the picture suggests. Well worth the excruciating wait.

Yep, it's USD, wish it was SGD.

Congrats on getting the Tighe Breaker! Also learning to take pics of knives but the lighting in my place sucks, got to find some better light:)

diu___

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This arrived in the mail last week. My first custom knife. Blade is just slightly under 3inches. Handle is 440C SS with black linen micarta and SS (440C) bolsters. It is a manual flipper, the thumbstud is more decorative than functional. Blade steel is S30V cryo quenched and hardened to 59-60HRC. ed and it locks with a nice "thunk". Everything has been configured for a left hander. Blade stock was thicker than I expect. As a result of the materials and such the knife is a lot heavier than most knives in its size. Very sedated looks... Surprised with the fit and finish as this is the first time the maker made a left handed folder. First thing I did was to take a needle and make a small scratch on the steel-type etching. Now I'm not afraid to use it. I'll probably rotate this with my Endura 4 which is pictured here as comparison.

The next one is already in the works. This time with carbon fibre scales with silver twill G10 bolster. Other changes will be a thumbhole, lanyard hole and a different blade shape (took some pointers from Strider's blade shape design.

short fat blade looks like those durain seller' knife

Kartoffeln

Reaction score
Wow committing hara-kiri. *Salute*.

I was considering a similar design by Todd Begg, but it's oh so expensive.
dam-cf-glimpse8x10.jpg

Can't wait to see your next one. I've a couple more incoming too :)

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow committing hara-kiri. *Salute*.

I was considering a similar design by Todd Begg, but it's oh so expensive.
dam-cf-glimpse8x10.jpg

Can't wait to see your next one. I've a couple more incoming too :)

Is that stainless, or carbon Damascus. Dont know if you are into gentleman type folders maybe can have a look at Mcusta, (its within my budget hahaha.)

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
Img120.jpg

Mcusta MC 16D, with clip. Thinking of getting this too this year. The bumber is that the clip has only one position, i think is tip down. But just luv the nickel dam. Anyway got to satisfy my Spyderco craving first :s13:

Last edited:

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
dsc03752k.jpg

Very nice custom u got there Lonerider, is that a pacific salt on the right:)?

Kartoffeln

Reaction score
I have no idea what the Begg is made of. I saw one of his blade that was made of 154 CM priced at $1500. I stopped finding the prices for his other knives after that :sad:.

I do like gentlemen's folders, but the Mcusta is not really my cup. Held one before, very sharp but handle too fat for me.

My new baby:
vizor.jpg

He was so underpriced and homeless, I had to rescue him :).

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
E4, black coated version....

My bad :s13:, Endura 4 huh =:p. Ok some contribution from me, since I'm still wide awake at this hour, tried to take some decent photos of the Stretch, excuse my amateur attempt.

stretch01.jpg

Some things of note about this stretch of my. The fit & finish is superb as expected of Spydercos, however initially i thought that the blade is not centerd when closed. Upon closer examination, it seems that it is a problem of uneven grinding of the tip of the blade, ie they are slightly asymmetrical.

Regardless, luv the blade shape, the thickness of the blade, the vg10 and its ergonomics in the hand:)

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the Begg is made of. I saw one of his blade that was made of 154 CM priced at $1500. I stopped finding the prices for his other knives after that :sad:.

I do like gentlemen's folders, but the Mcusta is not really my cup. Held one before, very sharp but handle too fat for me.

My new baby:
vizor.jpg

He was so underpriced and homeless, I had to rescue him :).

Wow 1.5 k:eek:, with that you could get a William Henry and still have some left over!
Nice DM Vizor, S30v steel! :)

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
caly3.jpg

Alright another Spyderco=:p, the Caly3, one of my fav. Small enough for daily edc, could be use as a gentleman folder. The satin finish on the blade with black G10 scales are simply gorgeous. A downside on this model for me, is that it is pined at the handles, would prefer torx, for cleaning. Though the pivot is torx thus the blade tightness could be adjusted.

Lonerider

Reaction score
Mcusta MC 16D, with clip. Thinking of getting this too this year. The bumber is that the clip has only one position, i think is tip down. But just luv the nickel dam. Anyway got to satisfy my Spyderco craving first :s13:

One thing you should know about this knife... It is a lot smaller than you might think.

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
One thing you should know about this knife... It is a lot smaller than you might think.

Now that u mentioned it, i took a look at the photos again, seems the blade length is approx 3" assuming that the handle is around 4". On the short side i might say, but its calling out to me! :s13:

Dang that's a really good price for the CF stretch! :O Congrats for landing such a great deal! Might i ask where you bought it hehehe.

Last edited:

Lonerider

Reaction score
Now that u mentioned it, i took a look at the photos again, seems the blade length is approx 3" assuming that the handle is around 4". On the short side i might say, but its calling out to me! :s13:

Dang that's a really good price for the CF stretch! :O Congrats for landing such a great deal! Might i ask where you bought it hehehe.

It was a private sale... I didn't realise it was a good price till I looked over at Knifeworks and noticed they were selling it for $160 a pop. Glad I bought 2 cos I'm planning on using one. He sold the Dragonfly at market rate though so I guess you can't win them all.

Kartoffeln

Reaction score
It was a private sale... I didn't realise it was a good price till I looked over at Knifeworks and noticed they were selling it for $160 a pop. Glad I bought 2 cos I'm planning on using one. He sold the Dragonfly at market rate though so I guess you can't win them all.

Very nice score.

I just got my P'kal today. Damn the thing is sharp, sharpest knife I currently have, cuts like a laser. Also got a letter from customs today. Looks like its brother the gunting is held hostage, gonna have to liberate it tomorrow.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.