EDMW Knife Collectors

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm..how about any cheap classic looking knives to be found locally?

What do you mean by classic looking knives? Folders or fixed blade? There is one shop selling knives at the army market (forgot the name) and the other shop i know is Sheares.

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
any other cool looking S30Vs out there recently?

I like the Spyderco Milie, a bit large for EDC though, more of a tactical piece.

C36GP.jpg

Another one would be the Benchmade Doug Ritter Grip.

rsk_mk1_red_03-300w.jpg

Last edited:

XxDrAg0nxX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The benchmade one looks like :)

NEver really like Spyderco design... the big hole looks weird to me...

Lonerider

Reaction score

Don't knock the hole till you've tried it... I have both BMs and Spydercos. Both brands offer excellent value but an opening hole beats a stud anytime. With an Axis lock however why bother using the stud when you can just flick it open. :D

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score

I have to admit that Spyderco designs do look weird and may not be everyone cup of tea, but their ergonomics, fit & finish are superb.
I was thinking of getting the Ritter Grip though, but from previous post it seems that it may not pass customs?

Anyway found another S30v folder (afordable at least hehehe) The Boker Titan 3 Ti.
Seems like there is a slight recurve, but luv the blade shape.

BO2051a.jpg

No experience with Boker though, but i think i will this a try. I really need to stop surfing these knife sites :s13:

Lonerider

Reaction score
I have to admit that Spyderco designs do look weird and may not be everyone cup of tea, but their ergonomics, fit & finish are superb.
I was thinking of getting the Ritter Grip though, but from previous post it seems that it may not pass customs?

Anyway found another S30v folder (afordable at least hehehe) The Boker Titan 3 Ti.
Seems like there is a slight recurve, but luv the blade shape.

BO2051a.jpg

No experience with Boker though, but i think i will this a try. I really need to stop surfing these knife sites :s13:

I have 2 boker trance... So far so good. I don't get to carry them much as I have too many to rotate through. How much do these cost? S30V and Ti handle is always a nice pairing but that back lock is a deal breaker for me, if it was mid handle I might swing for one.

amlim

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a new Byrd Pelican knife?

Anyone keen on a serrated edge Byrd Pelican? Its new and in great condition. Only some hairline scratches here and there. Byrd is a "cheaper" brand under Spyderco. SMS 9645 3628 if keen. Thanks.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone buy from knivesshipfree.com recently?
saw them charging US$12 for international order by UPS, the shipping quite reasonable.

GenesisX

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Got this one long long time ago for camping, BBQ...just dig it out of the cupboard....:s22:

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
I have 2 boker trance... So far so good. I don't get to carry them much as I have too many to rotate through. How much do these cost? S30V and Ti handle is always a nice pairing but that back lock is a deal breaker for me, if it was mid handle I might swing for one.

From knifecenter, its 84.95. So far all of my back locks are mid handle. Will it be harder to close one handed if the lock is so far back on the handle? Accidental release of the lock?

silviachef

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cool chef's knives! I like the GLOBAL, cromova 18 ss, does it holds an edge well? Does it need to be resharpen often?

It holds the edge pretty well, but if u are a constant chopper/cutter, even the best knife will be worn out.

For global knives, use ceramic stones, instead of normal stone, diamond and steel. Jap steel are softer, hence if u use other than ceramic stones or sharpeners, u will sort of damage it.

For European knives, it's better to use diamond and steel.

Lonerider

Reaction score
From knifecenter, its 84.95. So far all of my back locks are mid handle. Will it be harder to close one handed if the lock is so far back on the handle? Accidental release of the lock?

From my experience the knife looks like a decent one hand opener but closing it one handed will be a challenge and do remember all backlocks no matter if they are placed mid handle or at the rear has a closing bias unlike liner locks and frame locks which mean during closing it has a tendency to snap shut at a certain point.

slayergut

Reaction score
I'm still looking for someone to help me tompang order for CRKT drifter and ontario Rat 1 folder.Anyone please?

viix

Master Member
Reaction score
:s22: wow been quite a while since being in this thread.. haven't been using much of my knives.. looks like many nice knives in here!

I couldn't resist and bought a cheapo scadi grind mora 2000 and mora 511!~
Anyone knows where I can find some sharpening stones locally besides razorsharp?

And has the guy with the cat avatar got his nice highly reviewed stones yet? Was wondering how they'd perform~

Last edited:

vintagewatcher

Reaction score
hi guys newb here , just bought my first knife, a spyderco stretch , still havent arrived yet.
did some online research and it seemed to be a good choice , but now after reading it i see ppl talking about the zdp189 being a good steel but difficult to sharpen? and might rust maybe?

any one have experience or tips for me ? thanks!!

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys newb here , just bought my first knife, a spyderco stretch , still havent arrived yet.
did some online research and it seemed to be a good choice , but now after reading it i see ppl talking about the zdp189 being a good steel but difficult to sharpen? and might rust maybe?

any one have experience or tips for me ? thanks!!

Dude, the spydie stretch rocks! And it wont be your last one, welcome to the addiction :s13: and a perpectually empty wallet :s13:
I'm not an expert on knife steels, but from what I've gathered suffing the forums, ZDP189 is a high carbon steel, very good edge retention. Being high carbon steel it will rust on you if no care is taken. Just apply a thin coat of protective oil over the blade should do it.

Been trying to get my hands on one of those smurf manix2 but seems that I'm out of luck, any of you guys manage to score one?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.